IGNORED

Nintendo 64 Weekly Contest Round 1: Mario Kart 64

Red

Editorials Team · Posted

Participation! Here are my extremely janky photos that I had to take using my laptop camera because I emulated on my phone. I'm so used to using my phone as a camera that I really had to think hard about how to take these.

"A camera, that's a thing
that takes a picture of a thing.
But how do you take a picture
of the camera?"

I logged a ton of hours on this game as a kid. I would have loved to really sink into this game, but [list of excuses].

8:08:61

qlf34Nm.jpg

ClLWSG1.jpg

m1UGenK.jpg

PPY9CQa.jpg

Events Helper · Posted

8:54:15

Beaten by a guy on his phone!!!!!

I really didn't try too hard and i ended up playing on my switch because i was doing stuff.  First time i played this game in about 10 years minus the very short time i played with a couple sages online a couple weeks ago!  FFS

Y0qpOb9.jpg

CmmeFMX.jpg

m8XcJgC.jpg

0Zbe3fO.jpg

Events Helper · Posted

Funny story, I got my best scores and found out i was using the wrong envelope to take photos 😒.  Would have been cool to only play twice with a better score 🤣.

Oh well, this will be the only game i play on switch, was just super convenient as this is literally the only time i had to play.  I can't drift on the switch, so ya, those times are without drifting.........Pro controller is good, but not for drifting on an N64 game 😆

10 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Funny story, I got my best scores and found out i was using the wrong envelope to take photos 😒.  Would have been cool to only play twice with a better score 🤣.

Oh well, this will be the only game i play on switch, was just super convenient as this is literally the only time i had to play.  I can't drift on the switch, so ya, those times are without drifting.........Pro controller is good, but not for drifting on an N64 game 😆

I briefly tried to play on en emulator with the pro controller. Yeah, that sucked. Sorry man, I get it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PII said:

¡ Mario Kart = a Perfect way to start an N64 Competition !  

¡¡¡¡ BRING ON Extreme-G !!!!

(hint, hint)

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Fixed that

No, fixed THAT!  (Or Cruisin' USA)

Ah,you know what, they're all good. I'd be happy with almost any N64 racer!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

I love cruisin usa. The racers on 64 are pretty consistently awesome. Keeps me coming back to the system even though the nostalgia factor isnt there as much as nes and snes 

On 12/20/2021 at 6:27 PM, RH said:

On 12/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, NESfiend said:

I love cruisin usa. The racers on 64 are pretty consistently awesome. Keeps me coming back to the system even though the nostalgia factor isnt there as much as nes and snes 

When I was putting together a list of games for this competition, there were so many racing games on it that I briefly considered making it the Nintendo 64 Racing Game Weekly Contest.  Ultimately, I decided variety would be better, but a genre specific competition might be fun to do some time in the future.

• Agree 1