IGNORED

The 2022 Backlog Challenge

Reed Rothchild

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, fox said:

@spacepupcleared Ducktales already this year as part of the NES completion thread.  An oldie but goodie.

Started Guardians of the Galaxy and am digging it a lot.  Tried Death’s Door but wasn’t really feeling it.   Maybe it picks up later? Anything else on my switch list I should crack into?

Awesome - I have to come up with a new recommendation then! hah.

For Switch, I'd recommend Luigi's Mansion 3 (so good!), Ender Lilies (it is really good, I've played a little bit on PC but haven't finished), or Paper Mario (I haven't started this one yet, it's on my list!

• Thanks 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Update: I cleared Parasol Stars [NES]!

I spent so much time on this over the past few days that my chronic thumb-tendonitis started coming back and I had to switch from a control-pad to an arcade-stick to finish it off. This makes 2 out of 3+ games I'm hoping to beat on the NES for 2022.

-CasualCart

331939866_CasualCartParasolStars.jpg.87c331d2d5662b816f395f05ebd37080.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, spacepup said:

For Switch, I'd recommend Luigi's Mansion 3 (so good!), Ender Lilies (it is really good, I've played a little bit on PC but haven't finished), or Paper Mario (I haven't started this one yet, it's on my list!

I started LM3 co-op with my cousin last year, so it is deff one we will get back into next time we are together.  Heard great things about Ender Lilies so looking forward to another good Metroidvania.  Paper Mario, I played a bit of back in the day, but now that it is on Switch online, I should really give it another chance.

Foochie is sure late to the party but no one is surprised. 😅 

my back log of doom

Pokemon Red - Gameboy BEATEN 2-28

Marble Madness - NES

Barbie - NES 

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past - SNES Beaten 10-31

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Gamecube  BEATEN 3-15 

Breath of the Wild (120 Shrines) - Switch BEATEN 7-23

Pikmin - GameCube 

Aladdin - Genesis 

Super Mario 64 (120 Stars) - N64

Epic Mickey - 3DS

More to be added… 

Kingdom Hearts - PS2

Links Awakening - Switch BEATEN 5-10

New Super Mario Bros Deluxe - Switch BEATEN 8-29

Games I have played and I’m on the fence about picking up/finishing:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Bare minimum) BEATEN 11-5

Simpsons game - PS2 BEATEN 5-14

Banjo Tooie - N64

Luigis Mansion - GameCube 

Donkey Kong Country 3 - SNES - BEATEN 10-17

Edited by Foochie776
New beats
  • Like 2

Hope it's not too late to add my list. Couldn't get on the site for awhile 😞

Castlevania III (NES)

Phantasy Star II (Genesis)

Yoshi's Island (SNES)

Mega Man X3 (SNES)

Tomb Raider (Saturn)

Lucienne's Quest (3DO)

Resident Evil (PS1)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Xbox)

Resident Evil 4 (GameCube)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) (2/19)

Gears of War (Xbox 360)

Pikmin 3 (Switch)

Some different reasons for adding each one, but most are games I've started in the past and just never got around to finishing. A few are just a part of a series that I want to start. Tried to get a little variety in consoles/eras to make the year interesting.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by cj_robot
  • Like 1

Well, I'm two levels into Star Wars:SotE.  I'm enjoying it but it's been too long since I frequently used an N64 controller.  Loving it so far.  Took me 30 minutes to beat the second Hoth level because I didn't want to use my seekers on the AT-ST.  It's a loooooong journey with just a blaster.

Administrator · Posted

In the spirit of my previous highlights, here are some more recommendations:

@Foochie776 - Marble Madness!  It was a pretty unique game at the time, and is really fun IMO, though can be a bit challenging at times!! 
----for a longer one - Zelda: Link to the Past!  I mean, this game is just CLASSIC zelda.  It took everything I liked about Zelda 1, and just made it so much better.  Between the music, colorful graphics, and 'feel' of exploration, it is just fantastic.  Probably my favorite Zelda game if I had to pick one.

@cj_robot - Castlevania III!  This was my favorite Castlevania on NES, and it is just like...epitome of Castlevania.  Prior to Symphony of the Night, this was my absolute favorite.
----for a longer/more modern one (relatively speaking) - Shadow of the Colossus!!!  It is one of my favorite games for PS2, and it's also available on other some other platforms now via collections.  It was much more impressive at the time, but battling the Colossi is just incredible IMO.

Again, these are just friendly suggestions based on games I have beaten and really love.  Have fun with whatever you decide to play!

@SailorScoutMandy I hope you enjoy Skyrim! It can get a little "too big" in terms of world / exploration for some people, but if you enjoy roaming around a fantasy world, it is just a classic / great open-world experience.

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, peg said:

I don't see a cut at that point.  I stopped shooting for a second there though, maybe that is what you are seeing?  If you listen you can hear when I hit the button again.

Hmmmm I just checked again and it looks to have fixed itself. Basically it skipped ahead by like 10 seconds, the launch of the ship was missing as well as the first phase (blasting its wings off); I had double checked by watching your hands and they did indeed skip at that time. They are not now though, might have just been my internet! I was skipping through to check main spots of difficulty so that could have made it skip, too. Youtube jank!

I think I know what happened.  When you watch on youtube, sometimes it can change the video quality on the fly (ex: go from 480p -> 1080p or vice versa) depending on your connection quality, and there will always be long drops like that when it does this.  I've noticed this a lot more recently, it's some sort of change they made.

Sonic Wings

Edited by peg
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Update: Today I cleared Parasol Stars [TurboGrafx-16]!

Wait - didn't I already beat Parasol Stars last week? Yes, but that was the NES version - so I decided to attempt the TG16 port while the game was still fresh in my head.

This is the first TG16 game I've ever beaten, and it was pretty brutal. If I didn't get the "99 credits" bonus so early in the game, I wouldn't have stood a chance haha. I assume this port is more faithful to the arcade original, but I personally prefer the NES rendition.

So this meets my 1 game quota for the TurboGrafx in 2022, but I might want to try taking down one of the system's Bomberman titles as well (if they aren't exceedingly difficult haha).

-CasualCart

1559535242_CasualCartParasolStarsTG16.jpg.031b247d00e9700bd83dcc9f0559e0d6.jpg

• Like 2

Here is my list. Game #1 will happen if/when I get the upcoming upgraded version. The rest will be chosen when I beat game #2 (and onward).

1) Final Fantasy VI (Steam)
Started: 01/09/22
Finished: TBA

2) Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (Switch)
Started: 01/28/22
Finished: TBA

3) 

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 11:30 PM, Renmauzo said:

I bit off more than I could chew in 2021 and forgot to account for random life events, sometimes not feeling like playing anything, and games that came out/new gets/replaying old games I love again instead of focusing on my list. I beat more games than were on my last list, but not many of the ones on it.

This year, I've gone with what I believe will be a more manageable list, and if I get through these, I'll add a few more.

1.      Mega Man V (Game Boy) – Unbeaten

2.      Mole Mania (Game Boy) – Unbeaten

3.      The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Game Boy Advance) – Unbeaten

4.      Nexzr (PC Engine) – Unbeaten

5.      Mega Man & Bass (SFC) – Unbeaten

6.      Kid Dracula (Game Boy) – Unbeaten

7.      Wild Arms (PS1) – Unbeaten

8.      Wild Arms 2 (PS1) – Unbeaten

9.      Suikoden (PS1) – Unbeaten

10.  Robotech: The Macross Saga (Game Boy Advance) – Unbeaten

11.  Contra (NES) – Unbeaten

12.  Mega Man 11 (XBOne) – Unbeaten

13.  Mega Man X6 (PS1) – Unbeaten

14.  Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (NDS) – Unbeaten

15.  Resident Evil Gaiden (Game Boy Color) – Unbeaten

I played Wild Arms way back when it was first released and really liked it. It's nowhere near the quality of the best SNES and PS RPGs, but it has a certain charm. I don't know if it's the deformed characters, action elements, or the wild west setting, but it's just a cool game. I haven't revisited it since that initial playthrough so 'll be interested to hear your take on it in 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

giphy.gif

Glad to hear. I might have to delay that game since I found out that the pre-Pixel Remaster version in not a full screen game. Which is why I added a second/back-up since I have it on my Switch Lite. 😅

Oh... And he's my ex-Doctor's husband. Long story on how I found out. 😁