IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Grand Finals

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis I’m surprised you beat code. Proved me wrong. Bert is tough to beat. I hate to ride his nuts but don’t lose any sleep about his score. He’s proven.

Tapie tapped out early this year. Idk can’t force it though just didn’t care to make time.

I'm not surprised I beat code, what I'm surprised of is that code is a way better gamer than I ever gave him credit for.  Pounding out a 15 minute no-death run of Batman in a couple days is not exactly easy.

I knew Bert would have a great time, but I'm more mad at myself for taking the easy way out on the Firebug fight with my minute-plus kill time when polishing up that one battle is all it would have taken to beat him... Ah well... maybe next year...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

Congratulations everybody 🙂

Bert four in a row wampson? Gtfoh.

morphius your pretty good at playing nintender but you still got beat when everybody took there best shot. Best of luck kid. 

code….stop disrespecting the game looking at the matrix 😁

how did those other two scrubs get in? Lol jk great job to fiend and wiz.

wth happen to meerkat? He pooped his diaper? 

krunch, mbd….. we got hosed by bea, her weird rules and crap games she loves to make us play 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Congratulations everybody 🙂

Bert four in a row wampson? Gtfoh.

morphius your pretty good at playing nintender but you still got beat when everybody took there best shot. Best of luck kid. 

code….stop disrespecting the game looking at the matrix 😁

how did those other two scrubs get in? Lol jk great job to fiend and wiz.

wth happen to meerkat? He pooped his diaper? 

krunch, mbd….. we got hosed by bea, her weird rules and crap games she loves to make us play 😂

Best year long recap ever!

• Haha 1

morphius your pretty good at playing nintender but you still got beat when everybody took there best shot

...by a photo... 😉

But hey, as long as you understand that the shooter crown will never  be yours again for as long as we both shall live, I think we can both die happy...   😛

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm not surprised I beat code, what I'm surprised of is that code is a way better gamer than I ever gave him credit for.  Pounding out a 15 minute no-death run of Batman in a couple days is not exactly easy.

I knew Bert would have a great time, but I'm more mad at myself for taking the easy way out on the Firebug fight with my minute-plus kill time when polishing up that one battle is all it would have taken to beat him... Ah well... maybe next year...

Ya it stings a little more when you know you could of done better but just couldnt execute but that’s what separates it at the top around here.

happened to me when we played NG3 for the final I had gameplay that could have won but couldn’t execute and ended up 5th I think. I spent the next week achieving a no death run that would have won just to ease the pain.

Ya it stings a little more when you know you could of done better but just couldnt execute but that’s what separates it at the top around here.

happened to me when we played NG3 for the final I had gameplay that could have won but couldn’t execute and ended up 5th I think. I spent the next week achieving a no death run that would have won just to ease the pain.

NG3 is one of the best games on the system; that would have been an awesome final!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

But hey, as long as you understand that the shooter crown will never  be yours again for as long as we both shall live, I think we can both die happy...   😛

Too late ti-83 already took that from me. Dude let me know I’m not that good at shooters. Basically told me with his gameplay “go sit at the kids table lil guy”.

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Too late ti-83 already took that from me. Dude let me know I’m not that good at shooters. Basically told me with his gameplay “go sit at the kids table lil guy”.

Well you'll always have that little 2019 icon under your name.  I'm gonna try and pull some strings around here to get me a shiny 2021 edition for myself...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

So I officially finished in 4th then?  Then my mission of not-last has succeeded.  Hope I did @Bearcat-Doug proud, since I wouldn't be here if he hadn't vacated.  And jumping from 12th in the overall standings to fourth, despite the clusterfuck circumstances that led me here, is pretty damn awesome as well.  Thanks to @BeaIank, @guillavoie, and all my opponents for a great season!  Hoping to improve my overall rankings next season (although I doubt my playoff performance will be anywhere near as good as this season 😛 ), but for now, congrats @bertsampson on your win!  After four straight though, are you gonna retire and give the rest of us plebs a chance, or are you gonna compete next year and give @Dr. Morbis a run for his money?  Guess we gotta tune in next year to find out 😛

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PII said:

@NESfiend

YBMH.png

¡JK!    ;9

Lol sorry to disappoint. Hopefully we keep the racing cat next year so we can keep the rivalry going. Congrats to @bertsampson, the legend continues! Great scores to dr m and deaf as well. I was dead in the water from the beginning of the final, but I sure had a good time trying anyhow

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

Congratulations to @bertsampson for taking the championship, for @Dr. Morbis for securing the 2nd place in this very disputed tournament and for @0xDEAFC0DEfor taking the 3rd place!

I will post the final standings during today and make an official post announcing this year's winners!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Congratulations to @bertsampson for taking the championship, for @Dr. Morbis for securing the 2nd place in this very disputed tournament and for @0xDEAFC0DEfor taking the 3rd place!

I will post the final standings during today and make an official post announcing this year's winners!

Great work everyone! Congratulations to the winners!

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted

Final standings finally posted. I apologize for taking so long, but this week has been really busy.
Once again, congratulations to @bertsampson for taking the 1st place on the tournament, @Dr. Morbis for the 2nd place with a great Batman time, @0xDEAFC0DE for the 3rd place. All the top 3 posted really good Batman times.
Congratulations to @the_wizard_666for securing the 4th place and @NESfiendfor closing the grand finals on 5th place.

This was a grand year of high level competition. I extend my thanks to my partner in crime in the VGS NES Weekly Contest @guillavoie for helping me to get this running this year from behind the scenes.

We will be back in 2022 with the VGS NES Weekly Contest. Come January we will open a thread for game suggestions and feedback to make the 2022 tournament better than the 2021 one.

Thanks so much for everyone who played and contributed this year. Y'all are the best!

• Love 4

• The topic was unpinned