IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Top 8/9

BeaIank

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Thanks, I appreciate it! It's nothing serious (hopefully), but I need to make myself available to check in/help out so that likely wouldn't give me enough playing time to come up with a competitive score. Good luck if you end up taking my spot!

Thanks!  If I make it, and somehow manage to pull of the miracle and win, I'll have you to thank.  And regardless of outcomes, I can't wait to compete again next year!  Hopefully the ailment is nothing major and life can go back to normal for you!

Events Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I'd argue that point, but if @Bearcat-Doug is out, and everyone else is cool with it, I'll go for it.  I doubt I'd win it all anyway...shooters (especially mystery ones) aren't my forte, and Batman's gonna take a hell of a lot of work to perfect for me, but I'm game to compete if there are no complaints.

If they whine, I will send the top 5 ahead and be done with it. I want the best scoring players to speed run Batman and to conquer Macross and ain't no body stopping me.

• Love 1

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

Thanks!  If I make it, and somehow manage to pull of the miracle and win, I'll have you to thank.  And regardless of outcomes, I can't wait to compete again next year!  Hopefully the ailment is nothing major and life can go back to normal for you!

I don't think it's anything major, but you can't be too vigilant with older people when they get sick. I don't know how good you are at Batman, but hopefully you can make a good run at getting the win!

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't think it's anything major, but you can't be too vigilant with older people when they get sick. I don't know how good you are at Batman, but hopefully you can make a good run at getting the win!

Hope everything turns out as best it can for you and your family, doug. Will be rooting for your bearcats too!

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Hope everything turns out as best it can for you and your family, doug. Will be rooting for your bearcats too!

Thanks! They don't play until New Year's Eve, but hopefully they can pull off the win against and make the championship game. It's been a dry spell for championships around here since the Reds won the World Series in 1990. BTW, if you are looking to bet the game Cincinnati is already getting 14 points.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

11 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The last time I played Batman was when I beat it.  According to my list, that was November 24, 2012.  I doubt I'd land the win, especially going for speed, but stranger things have happened.  It never hurts to give it a go, right?

The last time I played Batman was when I beat it.  According to my list, that was November 24, 2012.  I doubt I'd land the win, especially going for speed, but stranger things have happened.  It never hurts to give it a go, right?

Not at all! I've barely played it, let alone beaten it, so I'm guessing that you'll have better luck than I would have.

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Thanks! They don't play until New Year's Eve, but hopefully they can pull off the win against and make the championship game. It's been a dry spell for championships around here since the Reds won the World Series in 1990. BTW, if you are looking to bet the game Cincinnati is already getting 14 points.

If you like the bearcats to hang in it, hold off. That number will only get higher after Alabama laid a beatdown on Georgia 

39 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I'd argue that point, but if @Bearcat-Doug is out, and everyone else is cool with it, I'll go for it.  I doubt I'd win it all anyway...shooters (especially mystery ones) aren't my forte, and Batman's gonna take a hell of a lot of work to perfect for me, but I'm game to compete if there are no complaints.

I think I'm the one affected, if I'm reading it all correctly, and I don't care.  If you make it then go for it.  I am no good in shooters anyway, I really have no chance, and I can't even get close to you and NESfiend this late. Its a wide gap.   I didnt play at all today except completing a Tennis match.

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

If you like the bearcats to hang in it, hold off. That number will only get higher after Alabama laid a beatdown on Georgia 

I'll go all in and put something on the moneyline (+430 currently) since I'm pulling for the win anyway.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

Too bad because I love Batman.

I'll second that.  Haven't played it a lot but it's basically Ninja Gaiden = Awesome.

@the_wizard_666I appreciate the compliment but sports games are not my forte.  I might very well have had a more impressive golf score if I'd played it obsessively this week.  Anyway I enjoyed golf quite a bit.  I was surprised to find that Tennis was a good game albeit one that I'm not very good at.  As for Soccer, as far as I'm concerned, that filthy piece of shit should never have been allowed to stink up a store shelf.  🙂 

1 minute ago, PII said:

@the_wizard_666I appreciate the compliment but sports games are not my forte.  I might very well have had a more impressive golf score if I'd played it obsessively this week.  Anyway I enjoyed golf quite a bit.  I was surprised to find that Tennis was a good game albeit one that I'm not very good at.  As for Soccer, as far as I'm concerned, that filthy piece of shit should never have been allowed to stink up a store shelf.  🙂 

I understand that.  I could tell that Tennis was pretty well made, but yeah, I suck nuts at it 😛 Soccer though, I actually didn't think it was horrible, and for it's day it wasn't a terrible representation of the sport...though I'm no soccer fan so what do I know 😛

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Updated page 1 with my final score.  @NESfiend, I beat your Golf score by 1 stroke... 😛😛😛

You bastard!!! LOL, with the progress you and the wizard made, I'd imagine a whole lot of practice time went in this week. Impressive regardless and cool you too can hang out in person and grind competition scores. I'd imagine that is a hell of a lot of fun. Nicely done to you both

1st    0xDEAFC0DE    22 Soccer - 0 Tennis - -2 Golf - +24
2nd    Bearcat-Doug    17 Soccer - 4 Tennis - +2 Golf - +11
3rd    bertsampson    16 Soccer - 2 Tennis - +2 Golf - +12
4th    Dr. Morbis    15 Soccer - 2 Tennis - -2 Golf - +15
5th    NESfiend    14 Soccer - 2 Tennis- -2 Golf - +14
5th    the_wizard_666    14 Soccer - 1 Tennis- -2 Golf - +15
6th    Krunch    8 Soccer - 1 Tennis- -2 Golf - +9
7th    PII    3 Soccer - -1 Tennis - -2 Golf - +6
8th    mbd39    -22 Soccer - -10 Tennis - -2 Golf - -10

Updated standings.  Not gonna do the table formatting cuz fuck it 😛 As it sits, with @Bearcat-Doug ducking out, it seems that myself and @NESfiend tied for the final spot, however he wins the tiebreaker due to his regular season ranking.  Another side note - the side bet that myself and @Dr. Morbis had with regard to our Golf scores is another draw!  I honestly did NOT see that one coming, not by a long shot!   Anyway, if anyone is sitting on a killer score, you have ~40 minutes to get it in!  Otherwise, it's @0xDEAFC0DE, @bertsampson, @Dr. Morbis and @NESfiend in the superhero showdown!

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

You bastard!!! LOL, with the progress you and the wizard made, I'd imagine a whole lot of practice time went in this week. Impressive regardless and cool you too can hang out in person and grind competition scores. I'd imagine that is a hell of a lot of fun. Nicely done to you both

It would've been if I hadn't moved to another province in October 😛 We've had a ton of head to head Golf rounds in the past, it's just insane that our personal bests are now a push as well.  T'was an epic round for sure!

1st    0xDEAFC0DE    22 Soccer - 0 Tennis - -2 Golf - +24
2nd    Bearcat-Doug    17 Soccer - 4 Tennis - +2 Golf - +11
3rd    bertsampson    16 Soccer - 2 Tennis - +2 Golf - +12
4th    Dr. Morbis    15 Soccer - 2 Tennis - -2 Golf - +15
5th    NESfiend    14 Soccer - 2 Tennis- -2 Golf - +14
5th    the_wizard_666    14 Soccer - 1 Tennis- -2 Golf - +15
6th    Krunch    8 Soccer - 1 Tennis- -2 Golf - +9
7th    PII    3 Soccer - -1 Tennis - -2 Golf - +6
8th    mbd39    -22 Soccer - -10 Tennis - -2 Golf - -10

Updated standings.  Not gonna do the table formatting cuz fuck it 😛 As it sits, with @Bearcat-Doug ducking out, it seems that myself and @NESfiend tied for the final spot, however he wins the tiebreaker due to his regular season ranking.  Another side note - the side bet that myself and @Dr. Morbis had with regard to our Golf scores is another draw!  I honestly did NOT see that one coming, not by a long shot!   Anyway, if anyone is sitting on a killer score, you have ~40 minutes to get it in!  Otherwise, it's @0xDEAFC0DE, @bertsampson, @Dr. Morbis and @NESfiend in the superhero showdown!

Man, I was hoping you would get in. Can't you hurry and score an extra Soccer goal in the next half hour? 😂

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Soccer though, I actually didn't think it was horrible, and for it's day it wasn't a terrible representation of the sport...though I'm no soccer fan so what do I know

There's almost no kind of video game, generally speaking, that I can't get into at all; but if there's one, it's team sport games with a few exceptions.  Maybe I "just don't get 'em", but there's just something about a bunch uncontrolled jackasses doddering around on a field coupled with controls that amount to futile button mashing that I detest.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Otherwise, it's @0xDEAFC0DE, @bertsampson, @Dr. Morbis and @NESfiend in the superhero showdown!

Kind of hope someone beats me to save me the embarrassment. I think I beat level 2 on batman once, maybe? One of those good games I never think to play. I will be lucky to get a halfway to a third place score. 

2 minutes ago, PII said:

There's almost no kind of video game, generally speaking, that I can't get into at all; but if there's one, it's team sport games with a few exceptions.  Maybe I "just don't get 'em", but there's just something about a bunch uncontrolled jackasses doddering around on a field coupled with controls that amount to futile button mashing that I detest.

Yeah, I really didn't enjoy Soccer. Goal! Two (the only other NES soccer game I've played) felt much better to control.