IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Top 8/9

BeaIank

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

However, I don't see that amazing Golf score yet. 🤔

It isnt amazing, just a good first run through. Jeevan's point about posting early costing him round 1 is well taken. Ill probably be a scrooge and hold off this week. I will say, you posted in the other thread that -18+ scores have been put up in the past. Im good at the game, but nowhere near that good. -18 is pretty inhuman.

IF it is a head to head thing and Im not against you, Ill pm you screenshot of the score to satisfy your curiosity 

48 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

It isnt amazing, just a good first run through. Jeevan's point about posting early costing him round 1 is well taken. Ill probably be a scrooge and hold off this week. I will say, you posted in the other thread that -18+ scores have been put up in the past. Im good at the game, but nowhere near that good. -18 is pretty inhuman.

IF it is a head to head thing and Im not against you, Ill pm you screenshot of the score to satisfy your curiosity 

It's apparently wide open now so I guess you won't give me a hint. I don't have Golf score yet, since I probably won't start on it until tomorrow or Wednesday. 

On 11/28/2021 at 2:28 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, it's going to come down to best Golf score for sure.  Looks like @NESfiend is going to the finals, assuming he's as good at Golf as he claims to be...

I looked through some of the old contest scores and based on those, it might take a -10 or better round to advance this week.

11 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I looked through some of the old contest scores and based on those, it might take a -10 or better round to advance this week.

Well I've played like 5 rounds of Golf tonight already, so it's going to be a long week of Golf...

Oh, and I ealged Hole 1 on one of my runs..... and then immediately bogey'd the second hole.... 😞

Edited by Dr. Morbis

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well I've played like 5 rounds of Golf tonight already, so it's going to be a long week of Golf...

Oh, and I ealged Hole 1 on one of my runs..... and then immediately bogey'd the second hole.... 😞

I didn't play any Golf yet. I wanted to get Tennis out of the way and that was more tedious than I had hoped. 

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It wasn't fun. I may have been better off trying to improve my Soccer score. On the plus side, both of those games may be tougher than people expect.

Yeah, I'm glad I fluked out in Soccer with that second goal, so at least I'm done with one of them on Monday... 🙂

• The title was changed to VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Top 8/9
Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

While we are on the subject of player friendly rulings, I want to know if this soccer score will count. I forgot its quick and was scrambling to get my phone out. Cut off my name at bottom. Second game I played I was more aware. Adding that so you can see same tv, room. 

@BeaIank @guillavoie

20211129_141909.jpg

20211129_224911.jpg

If you post both pictures, it will count since we can easily see it is your setup.
I am pretty lenient with that whole ordeal with known faces because we can easily see again and again that the setup is the same in every picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I have no idea how people are getting two goals. Getting one was hard enough.  

Dr M saying that he "fluked" his way to two goals is pretty accurate as far as that goes for me as well. I just ended up in the right place at the right time for both of those goals. Very lucky. Games I played after were all 1-0. I found what may be a reliable way to score after that, but I could only get it to work once each game. Even when you know the right place to get the ball and get a shot off, that is a lot easier said than done with the way they play defense. Maybe you or someone else can figure out how to break this thing like we did Goal 2. Get the ball around where the blue line would be on a hockey rink. You want the goal and goalkeeper JUST far enough from you to where neither appears on screen. Fire a shot and bend it either left or right into goal corner. The goalkeeper only reacts to your players actions on screen, so he can be found out of position that way. Way easier said than done, but I got a few goals that way

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Dr M saying that he "fluked" his way to two goals is pretty accurate as far as that goes for me as well. I just ended up in the right place at the right time for both of those goals. Very lucky. Games I played after were all 1-0. I found what may be a reliable way to score after that, but I could only get it to work once each game. Even when you know the right place to get the ball and get a shot off, that is a lot easier said than done with the way they play defense. Maybe you or someone else can figure out how to break this thing like we did Goal 2. Get the ball around where the blue line would be on a hockey rink. You want the goal and goalkeeper JUST far enough from you to where neither appears on screen. Fire a shot and bend it either left or right into goal corner. The goalkeeper only reacts to your players actions on screen, so he can be found out of position that way. Way easier said than done, but I got a few goals that way

I got my one goal on a throw in. I was able to throw it in from mid field and kick it as soon as landed right from the spot you mentioned and it went right in the corner of the goal.