IGNORED

Movie Debate #98: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.

9/10

Everyone should watch it at least once. My wife typically holds my cultural interests in contempt somewhat and even she enjoyed this one very much, even if I recommended it lol.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:06 PM, Estil said:

BTW, what did she ever see in Roger anyway?

As soon as I read this question.....

On 12/1/2021 at 10:09 PM, TDIRunner said:

He made her laugh.

BOOYAH.

This is the kind of content I'm here for.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

In addition to being one of my all-time favorite films, I probably couldn't claim to be an 80's youth if I didn't admit to the fact that Jessica Rabbit represented the launchpad of my transition from sexual innocence. While perhaps not the very first image that stirred then-unfamiliar curiosities of the opposite sex deep within me, she was probably the first that was so directly and overtly provocative.

As an adult, I continue to find the craftsmanship of the production so incredible, the writing so sharp and the performances absolutely worthy of being remembered. It is a special type of lightning-in-a-bottle movie that could never really happen again...and yes, some have tried and failed.

9/10

Edited by Webhead123

• 8 months later...

Necro bump!

I finally watched this movie this past winter, but that’s not why I’m here.

I wanted to mention that if you’ve not seen the Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers movie, you should.

Why post that here? Because the movie is much more like WFRR and is kind of, actually, sort of set in that universe.

Without giving to many spoilers, Chip and Dale became best friends as kids, they became performers and their “big break” was the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers of the 90s.  Living in a human/toon world some 30 years later, they reunite to help out an old friend—Monty who’s fallen on hard times and is in trouble.

I’ll say no more but it was my wife’s choice to watch and I didn’t know anything about it.  I was very well surprised with the treatment, and though I wouldn’t say it’s as good as the first LEGO movie, IMHO, it’s close.

Anyway, it’s a good throwback to the feel of WWRR and CDRR.  If you liked the Rescue Rangers and Roger Rabbit, you’ll probably enjoy this one too.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, RH said:

Necro bump!

I finally watched this movie this past winter, but that’s not why I’m here.

I wanted to mention that if you’ve not seen the Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers movie, you should.

Why post that here? Because the movie is much more like WFRR and is kind of, actually, sort of set in that universe.

Without giving to many spoilers, Chip and Dale became best friends as kids, they became performers and their “big break” was the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers of the 90s.  Living in a human/toon world some 30 years later, they reunite to help out an old friend—Monty who’s fallen on hard times and is in trouble.

I’ll say no more but it was my wife’s choice to watch and I didn’t know anything about it.  I was very well surprised with the treatment, and though I wouldn’t say it’s as good as the first LEGO movie, IMHO, it’s close.

Anyway, it’s a good throwback to the feel of WWRR and CDRR.  If you liked the Rescue Rangers and Roger Rabbit, you’ll probably enjoy this one too.

Super enjoyed the new Chip n Dale.  I went in with little expectation and ended up really enjoying it.  Not what I expected at all.

I can't put CnD in the same league as Lego Movie and Roger Rabbit.  But it's certainly unique and funny with some great animation.  Some good fan service too.

• Agree 1