IGNORED

Avocado oil?

JVOSS

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You can get it on amazon. A single carton should last a looooooonnnngggg time. It's literally a half teaspoon of the stuff for a big bowl of popcorn. 

lol i an add salt type person.  got to have the salt stick to my fingures as i eat the pop corn.  they have that extra fine salt i bring it to all the movies. the salt packs i use like 20 in a bucket of corn

Edited by JVOSS
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, JVOSS said:

lol i an add salt type person.  got to have the salt stick to my fingures as i eat the pop corn.  they have that extra fine salt i bring it to all the movies. the salt packs i use like 20 in a bucket of corn

You'll be a Flavacol guy soon enough, I can feel it. 

• Love 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, JVOSS said:

Flavacol is that also the butter flavor in the popcorn or the coconut oil that gives it the color?

and that link earlier was that your version?

The link earlier is my own site, yes. I am slowly adding recipes to it so I have a place of my own without ads and people's stupid life stories. The "recipe" in this case is quite simple, but it's based on a fair amount of research. 

Administrator · Posted

As for butter flavor, there isn't any! You just associate it with butter cuz you've been lied to by big popcorn. 

The color is from the coconut oil. Order some of that too. Those two together is all you need for perfect popcorn. 

Seriously when you get the Flavacol, take a tiny bit on your finger or in a spoon (TINY bit!) and taste it. You'll immediately be like "am I at the theatre?". 

• Love 1

Plus +1 for the Avacado oil. I've grown to like guacamole but before then even, I couldn't taste the avacado flavor in it. That's what we've mostly been cooking with for years and IMHO, it's the most "tasteless" oil, which is good if you need oil but want the tast of the food to be the driving flavor.

Now if you want toenhance what you're coong with oil flavor, then there's just one oil to use--bacon grease!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RH said:

Plus +1 for the Avacado oil. I've grown to like guacamole but before then even, I couldn't taste the avacado flavor in it. That's what we've mostly been cooking with for years and IMHO, it's the most "tasteless" oil, which is good if you need oil but want the tast of the food to be the driving flavor.

Now if you want toenhance what you're coong with oil flavor, then there's just one oil to use--bacon grease!

only @RH, would go for the BG route. who ever got @RH, for SS just give Him a slab of BG and a happy new year! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...