IGNORED

Crime & Punishment -- USA Edition

Great news -

Ex-Nurse Sentenced to Probation in Patient Medication Death

Nashville Criminal Court Judge Jennifer Smith said Vaught would receive judicial diversion, a way for first-time offenders to have their charges dropped and their records expunged after successfully completing probation. Prosecutors had argued against diversion, although they were not opposed to probation.

The crowd of nurses outside protesting cheered, cried and hugged after hearing the sentence. The relief came after the health care workers spent hours in the sun and clung to every word of the judge’s lengthy sentencing explanation, some linked in a chain with hands locked.

Nurses have an incredibly difficult and demanding job. Furthermore, they often receive shit salary despite the literally life-or-death decisions they must make. Everyone on occasion will make mistakes. If you read through the history of this case, it becomes evident that the real culprit is the famed Vanderbilt University Medical Center which had numerous issues with how they handled patients before this, and then they threw her under the bus! I don't believe this should ever have come to trial, but I'm glad the best possible outcome occurred.

Edited by avatar!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I particularly liked how the one clerk repeatedly smacked the one wannabe that had fallen on the ground. 

Yeah that was nice, the good form of "kick'em while they're down" I think we can get behind.  The losers though that was the store employees, but no, it was them taking the mighty boot.

Here's why we should stop using mental illness as the scapegoat in mass shootings

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2022/05/30/uvalde-texas-stop-using-mental-illness-scapegoat-mass-shootings/9940213002/

According to a statement by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Texas, the overwhelming majority of people with mental illness are not violent. In fact, people with mental illness are more likely to be the victims of violence, rather than the perpetrators. Less than 10 percent of shootings nationwide involved people with mental illness. When we rush to make a false correlation between mental illness and mass shootings, we’re actually keeping people from seeking much needed services and perpetuating stigma. 

It applies to crime in general, not just shootings. Every single time a criminal is caught, they will inevitably claim "mental issues". 

• Like 1

Perfect case of why arming teachers is such a stupid fucking talking point.

Like, fully trained cops bitch out, but Miss Saltenberger,  the kind, older matronly widow- is supposed to take out a psycho-armor-wearing-teenager with 17 30-round mags for a full auto Ar-15? Like is she packing a .22 pea shooter with impeccable aim? She only needs one through the eye? Or does she pull out akimbo 44 mags and just start clapping active shooters until they rag doll out the door? Get the F out of here. 

Anyone that believes that should be sterilized and left on an island lord of the flies style. Complete low iq trash, and that includes politicians. Nothing lower. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

According to a highly placed source (who maybe should actually know better - but consider the source) a 9mm handgun should be enough to take out a bad guy (or maybe a rampaging gorilla) by giving major organs an out of body experience.  

In any event I doubt whoever would need one of these:

Edited by Tabonga

Maybe you need sterilization if you're that stupid eh?  Let's assume for a moment Miss Salty there did have a pistol, licensed, trained with conceal and carry, who is to say she wouldn't have solved the problem?  At the minimum she would have had a better chance of survival given what those confused dipshit cops did...nothing, nothing but keeping parents out while hiding on the outside claiming it was a barricade situation.  They'll hang for that shit in court and the court of public opinion, they won't be safe, and deserve not to be after that shit show.

How dare you claim that spouted off nonsense leftist unfounded talking points like some perpetually trolling authority figure and love to use bullshit closing statements that anyone who disagrees with you is anything from a fucking moron, to a trump tea bagger to needing forced sterilization like some eugenics cure probably to scare off any argument.  Not just a troll, but a coward, specifically using your wording, a "low iq" coward at that.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Maybe you need sterilization if you're that stupid eh?  Let's assume for a moment Miss Salty there did have a pistol, licensed, trained with conceal and carry, who is to say she wouldn't have solved the problem?  At the minimum she would have had a better chance of survival given what those confused dipshit cops did...nothing, nothing but keeping parents out while hiding on the outside claiming it was a barricade situation.  They'll hang for that shit in court and the court of public opinion, they won't be safe, and deserve not to be after that shit show.

How dare you claim that spouted off nonsense leftist unfounded talking points like some perpetually trolling authority figure and love to use bullshit closing statements that anyone who disagrees with you is anything from a fucking moron, to a trump tea bagger to needing forced sterilization like some eugenics cure probably to scare off any argument.  Not just a troll, but a coward, specifically using your wording, a "low iq" coward at that.

Im smart enough to know that old ladies with guns are less effective than cops with Ar-15s? Listen to yourself. You sound like a fucking idiot. How am I a coward? Cant be more cowardly than the texas cops that let children get slaughtered while they waited for 40 minutes to go in. 

Using words like “leftist” doesnt make you smart-I didnt name any political party, but you must have a guilty conscience, assuming you brought up Trump supporters.

Instead of attacking me, why dont you provide a good argument as to why teachers with Guns is more effective than cops with guns? Since thats the stance the politicians your state chose. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Estil said:

While were on that subject, how would a War on Guns work out any better than the War on Drugs did?

Uh oh opened a big can of worms on that one, let the rage commence with equal levels of fantasy nonsense that the drugs on has peddled for decades. 😄  That or just don't engage in proven fools, you know what I mean, because well...feelings?

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Uh oh opened a big can of worms on that one, let the rage commence with equal levels of fantasy nonsense that the drugs on has peddled for decades. 😄  That or just don't engage in proven fools, you know what I mean, because well...feelings?

Bro you have never defended your argument once on this site. You come in, regurgitate a talking point, then distract when called out on it😂😂

Easy to take that big old L when all you can do is emoji my post and respond on a tangent.  Dunking on you is like my 4th favorite hobby. 

I can see why you got banned from NA hahahahaha

40 minutes ago, Estil said:

While were on that subject, how would a War on Guns work out any better than the War on Drugs did?

Not working in Kentucky, thats for sure:

https://www.lex18.com/news/report-kentucky-ranks-10th-in-states-with-worst-drug-problems?_amp=true

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/drug_poisoning_mortality/drug_poisoning.htm

1 hour ago, Estil said:

It's easier to regulate guns, or rather, the gun that's the problem (AR-15.) Can't exactly create an "assault rifle lab" in a burned out hovel in rural bumfuck.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

It's easier to regulate guns, or rather, the gun that's the problem (AR-15.) Can't exactly create an "assault rifle lab" in a burned out hovel in rural bumfuck.

On the other side of the coin (and this is where the NRA is gonna come down on me), what the heck is so wrong with license/registration/serial numbers on firearms?  I mean we have those for motor vehicles and no one seems to mind.

8 minutes ago, Estil said:

On the other side of the coin (and this is where the NRA is gonna come down on me), what the heck is so wrong with license/registration/serial numbers on firearms?  I mean we have those for motor vehicles and no one seems to mind.

And to complete the metaphor, why don't we have liability insurance required for firearms?

• Like 1

Just now, Estil said:

I mean what would the insurance cover and how would that work?

Again, same way with cars. You cause an accident, your insurance has to pay for damages. You fire a gun negligently that causes injury or death, your insurance pays for damages. And just like car insurance, your rates go up with each claim paid.

And just like car insurance, you get caught without your gun liability insurance, you're held accountable.

• Like 1