IGNORED

やあ!Collection Restart (:

Hello everyone!

I'm getting back into system/game collecting again after taking a hiatus for my vintage/thrift tee curation (I've many rare game tees and I'm always looking to add to that collection too!) 

The Mega Drive & PS1 are my weakness: especially the Korean Samsung Sega (Super Gam*Boy or Super Aladdin Boy of which I am currently hunting and made a thread about in buying) & the Net Yaroze. 

Lived in Japan for 5 years and long story short, essentially got stuck in USA while visiting family because of the pandemic! A lot of my collection is still over there, and it was heaven with all of the recycle shops (Japanese thrift stores), so many gems! Not sure when I'll make the move back but hopefully soon! 

Anyways it's nice to meet you all! 
Cheers! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, YuzoKoshiro said:

Hello everyone!

I'm getting back into system/game collecting again after taking a hiatus for my vintage/thrift tee curation (I've many rare game tees and I'm always looking to add to that collection too!) 

The Mega Drive & PS1 are my weakness: especially the Korean Samsung Sega (Super Gam*Boy or Super Aladdin Boy of which I am currently hunting and made a thread about in buying) & the Net Yaroze. 

Lived in Japan for 5 years and long story short, essentially got stuck in USA while visiting family because of the pandemic! A lot of my collection is still over there, and it was heaven with all of the recycle shops (Japanese thrift stores), so many gems! Not sure when I'll make the move back but hopefully soon! 

Anyways it's nice to meet you all! 
Cheers! 

Hey, I get it, we collectors are gonna collect, but good luck finding decent prices for these items in the US.  I'm not saying you can't (or shouldn't try) but it's really hard to find this stuff in the US at prices remotely close to what they are in Japan (or in this case, South Korea.)

As an American kid, I take an interest in some Japanese  NES/SNES stuff because I think most of the box art is 1,000x better than what we have.  Finding that stuff shipped from The East, to the US is your general best bet because finding it otherwise at "reasonable" prices is very difficult.

But, I'm sure you are aware of this.  Hopefully someone here can help you out.  I'd really like to get one "Comm Boy" device just to have on my shelf.  Whether it's a SNES or a Game Boy, it'd just be really cool to own because I find licensed hardware to be fascinating.

Anyway, that's just some random thoughts from my casual observations.  Good luck with the hunting, and welcome to VGS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Hey, I get it, we collectors are gonna collect, but good luck finding decent prices for these items in the US.  I'm not saying you can't (or shouldn't try) but it's really hard to find this stuff in the US at prices remotely close to what they are in Japan (or in this case, South Korea.)

As an American kid, I take an interest in some Japanese  NES/SNES stuff because I think most of the box art is 1,000x better than what we have.  Finding that stuff shipped from The East, to the US is your general best bet because finding it otherwise at "reasonable" prices is very difficult.

But, I'm sure you are aware of this.  Hopefully someone here can help you out.  I'd really like to get one "Comm Boy" device just to have on my shelf.  Whether it's a SNES or a Game Boy, it'd just be really cool to own because I find licensed hardware to be fascinating.

Anyway, that's just some random thoughts from my casual observations.  Good luck with the hunting, and welcome to VGS!

Hey there and thanks for your message! Yeah totally under no illusions with respect to price (I was actually referencing the referral fee as to the reasonable sentiment) but yes the financial landscape of vintage (games/consoles and even clothing) has indeed drastically changed.

Had a chance to snipe one for $500 a couple years ago but was into something else at the time (def feeling that regret today lol). 

Regarding box-art, absolutely agree with you that the aesthetic is infinitely better in JP (always gems to be found!). 

Comboy looks cool too, definitely would be nice to have on the shelf as you say! 😊

Thanks for your kind words: I was browsing the collection show off thread and there are some SERIOUS collectors here; surely someone has what I’m looking for but…. Are they willing to sell? ☺️

Cheers friend! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Welcome to the site!

Thank you! 🙏🏼

25 minutes ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Welcome aboard . . . 

BRO! I LOVE Korn! Their first self titled album is their best IMO 🤟🏼 Then you’ve all the hidden gems that were never released 💎 

15 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Welcome!!

Thanks and cheers friend! 🥃🥃

30 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Greetings fake Yuzo Koshiro 😅

😂😂😂 

20 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Wow, a bona fide legend on VGS. Can you describe what you were going through when you made the Streets of Rage 3 soundtrack?

Unfortunately not the real Yuzo (I wore out all his tracks on SOR back in the 90s and ripped the tracks to cassette then CD 💿 haha) but that would be intense if he really signed up here! Maybe we can get him to do an AMA🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YuzoKoshiro said:

Unfortunately not the real Yuzo (I wore out all his tracks on SOR back in the 90s and ripped the tracks to cassette then CD 💿 haha) but that would be intense if he really signed up here! Maybe we can get him to do an AMA🔥🔥🔥

Stranger things have happened.  I don't think he migrated here, but Howard (of Nintendo of America and Nintendo Power fame) use to be on the former NintendoAge site.  If you're not sure what I'm talking about, we're largely a community that created and migrated here back in 2019 after a place called NintendoAge.com was purchased and then shut down.  I'd rather not dig up that drama (it's happened to many times before) but that's a bit of history.  This website is only a couple of years old, but the group of old timers around here have been around for years.  Some well over a decade.

• Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Welcome.  Huge PS1 fan here as well.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, YuzoKoshiro said:

BRO! I LOVE Korn! Their first self titled album is their best IMO 🤟🏼 Then you’ve all the hidden gems that were never released 💎 

I will always remember Korn as the one band that I was a huge fan of before they became popular.  A friend of mine introduced me to them after their first album and I really enjoyed it.  They blew up on MTV with Freak on a Leash and Got the Life.  That's when everyone at school started talking about them and of course I wanted to say I had already been a fan for several years, but no one ever believes you in that situation.  That's the only band I can think of where I was genuinely interested and familiar with their music before it was common to hear it on the radio or MTV.   

Does anyone remember the time that Total Request Live had to "retire" one of the Korn videos because it was at number 1 for too long, and they were worried about the Korn fans giving the show a "bad image?"😆