IGNORED

My Experiences With Wata And VGA Simultaneously

Code Monkey

My second box (separate order arrived same day) entered grading today and I assume will complete grading tonight.

I also got the following email from VGA today:

We have received your package!  As listed on our website, our Billing Department is currently delayed about 8 weeks. Once the items enter the billing queue, you will receive an email with your invoice(s).

Please know that all new submissions will begin processing in the order received.

Thank you for your submission, 

Customer Service

Collectible Grading Authority/ AFA/ VGA

Whoops. Just got the following email from Wata:

Hello. At least one of your games has been examined by our chief grader and we believe it to be resealed complete-in-box. 
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
We're also suspicious it is missing pieces and is not complete in the box, but we'd have to open the seal to be sure.

We can either open the game and grade it as CIB with the necessary upcharges for CIB grading or return the game to you as-is. Please let us know which you would like to do.

Grade CIB - If you'd like the game graded CIB, please send payment to our PayPal account at submissions@watagames.com. Please add a note with the order number and CIB upcharge. The upcharge for CIB grading is $85 per game. If you choose to upgrade to CIB please reply to this message with a copy of the receipt of payment to PayPal.

Return As-Is -  If you would like the game(s) back, you will be refunded the total you paid per each, less a $15/each evaluation fee.

Thanks,

The Wata Team

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Wow, for anyone that says Wata is taking too long, I just got a tracking number, my first box of games are on their way back and should be here Thursday. And oddly enough, my second box of games has regressed back to Scanned status somehow. Must be a mistake.

Had a previous order where Wata put my games back to scanned as well. They put the DVD sized games back into scanned but shipped the other half of my order which was nes games.

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

It seems the tracking order I received was only for the resealed game they're sending back to me. The rest of my orders are still there.

They return recases super fast (sometimes next day or same week) and reseals faster too (1-2 month), but speedruns are 6+ months for everyone right now period.  Probably accruing by the day and closer to 7-8 months on stuff just now sent.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, jonebone said:

They return recases super fast (sometimes next day or same week) and reseals faster too (1-2 month), but speedruns are 6+ months for everyone right now period.  Probably accruing by the day and closer to 7-8 months on stuff just now sent.

Ugh, they've had my reholder for a month now (although they didn't scan it in until last week 🙄)

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Where did you get this information?

VGA. Invoice completion date lists July of last year. Sent them my order in February of last year. I emailed them in October of last year asking for an ETA. They told me it would be 6+ months from the completion date on the invoice. I have still yet to receive my order to this very day.

Edited by Gulag Joe
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, final fight cd said:

I’m assuming you were still charged for the grading? 

They refunded me, less (I think) 15% for their troubles. They never graded it, they knew as soon as they looked at it. I'm actually a little embarrassed I didn't look at it closer before sending it but I bought it from Amazon about 7 years ago before I realised anyone can sell anything themselves on Amazon. I just assumed it came from Nintendo.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, they're finally here, I think the total was 88 business days for Speedrun. I got my first Wata order back, the second order is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. Both orders were delivered to Wata November 19.

I got these today but I gave Wata credit for March 23 because that was the initial delivery attempt and I wasn't home. It's my fault I didn't get them until today.

VGA still MIA, I have no idea what's happening with those but I'm surprised they're actually more backed up than Wata considering they aren't waiting for DVD style cases, they make their own.

IMG_20220325_111936.jpg

• Like 2