IGNORED

Where Do You Get Your Box Protectors?

Lago

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always purchased from videogameboxprotectors as the owner was a NintendoAge member and gave a discount to members, plus they were fantastic protectors.

Now that there are Canadian options (where I am), I buy from EvoRetro, but if the shipping wasn't so high, I'd still buy from videogameboxprotectors.com

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, Homeboyks said:

I always purchased from videogameboxprotectors as the owner was a NintendoAge member and gave a discount to members, plus they were fantastic protectors.

Now that there are Canadian options (where I am), I buy from EvoRetro, but if the shipping wasn't so high, I'd still buy from videogameboxprotectors.com

Wow I was a member the whole time and I never knew about the discount. I never got a discount on any of my orders from there.

2 hours ago, NostalgicMachine said:

I got my NES protectors in the other day from retroprotection. All I can say is these things are awesome and I'm absolutely ordering more (I got a 10 pack on this order):

Cobra_Triangle_Protection_NES.jpeg

Buy the NES sleeves for the cheaper games!

edit: interesting retro protection doesn’t have them but videogameboxprotectors does https://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/online-store/NES-Cartridge-Bags-100-Pack-p25445829

Edited by a3quit4s

16 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Buy the NES sleeves for the cheaper games!

edit: interesting retro protection doesn’t have them but videogameboxprotectors does https://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/online-store/NES-Cartridge-Bags-100-Pack-p25445829

Bold of you to assume my goal wasn't merely to pull my top 10 out of storage for regular play! 😎 I have boxes of regular NES sleeves, lol.

Perfect timing to learn all about that as my guest article for The Gaming Manual just dropped; My Top 10 Fave NES Games!: http://thegamingmanual.com/jason-top-10-nes-games/

Editorials Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

@Reed Rothchild I meant to ask where you get your SNES plastic cases from?

https://www.customgamecases.com/online-store/Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Super-Famicom-SNES-SFC-Blank-Game-Case-p132320262

Unfortunately they are a lot more expensive nowadays.  Supply chains perhaps.

• Like 1

I bought some GB game box protectors, they are pretty bad, lots of space for small insects to go inside, which is one of the things I need to avoid.

Does anybody know where to buy GB game box-sized resealable plastic baggies? Like those that are common for DVD cases, but instead of folding them with ugly pieces of tape, I wonder someone must be making them of the right size?

On 1/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, TheGameCollector said:

I've only bought from videogameboxprotectors.com since the beginning. Does anyone know who started making these protectors first?

VideoGameBoxProtectors.com was the first one, I believe.  I just checked my e-mail history and it looks like my first order from VGBP was 10 years ago to the day - Feb 3, 2012.   Jim was my go-to for years back then.   

When Dan launched RetroProtection I gave them a try and preferred his fit on almost everything and he's been my primary go-to ever since and I only use others for sizes Dan doesn't stock.

For odd older niche sizes, I use Mortoff Games.  He carries things like Oddyssey2 (including the big box Master Strategy Series), Atari 7800 Absolute big boxes, Jaguar CD, RCA Studio II, and more.   The one downside (IMO) on these are that they are generally thinner than I prefer.  I personally think, for non-acrylics, RetroProtection's 12mil thickness provide a perfect combination of structural stability while not adding too much girth.   But I love that Mortoff stocks sizes nobody else does to help the community.

For standard size acrylics (NES, SNES/N64, etc), I generally use KollectorProtector.  Super-high quality, fantastic shipping protection, perfect fits, and the price is really competitive with some of the more budget acrylics out there.  His Black Friday BOGO sales are especially amazing if you can wait.

For a lot of my random items that have unique sizes (PS1 10 Million Edition console/controller/memory card, Wii U Nintendo NYC Limited Editions, Bingo on RCA Studio II, Power Glove, Steel Battalion, etc) I measure things out and order custom acrylics from CGA.  I've never had a sizing issue yet (I always re-measure each measurement three times to be sure) and you can add optional UV protection as well.  It's certainly more costly than the PET protectors, but if you are thinking about acrylic for something anyway, going custom is not meaningfully more expensive than one of the stock sizes that CGA carries.

Edited by VGCollectaholic
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, VGCollectaholic said:

VideoGameBoxProtectors.com was the first one, I believe.  I just checked my e-mail history and it looks like my first order from VGBP was 10 years ago to the day - Feb 3, 2012.   Jim was my go-to for years back then.   

When Dan launched RetroProtection I gave them a try and preferred his fit on almost everything and he's been my primary go-to ever since and I only use others for sizes Dan doesn't stock.

For odd older niche sizes, I use Mortoff Games.  He carries things like Oddyssey2 (including the big box Master Strategy Series), Atari 700 Absolute big boxes, Jaguar CD, RCA Studio II, and more.   The one downside (IMO) on these are that they are generally thinner than I prefer.  I personally think, for non-acrylics, RetroProtection's 12mil thickness provide a perfect combination of structural stability while not adding too much girth).   But I love that Mortoff stocks sizes nobody else does to help the community.

For standard size acrylics (NES, SNES/N64, etc), I generally use KollectorProtector.  Super-high quality, fantastic shipping protection, perfect fits, and the price is really competitive with some of the more budget acrylics out there.  His Black Friday BOGO sales are especially amazing if you can wait.

For a lot of my random items that have unique sizes (PS1 10 Million Edition console/controller/memory card, Wii U Nintendo NYC Limited Editions, Bingo on RCA Studio II, Power Glove, Steel Battalion, etc) I measure things out and order custom acrylics from CGA.  I've never had a sizing issue yet (I always re-measure each measurement three times to be sure) and you can add optional UV protection as well.  It's certainly more costly than the PET protectors, but if you are thinking about acrylic for something anyway, going custom is not meaningfully more expensive than one of the stock sizes that CGA carries.

Steel battalion protector holy crap great idea, could I bug you for the size on that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drxandy said:

Steel battalion protector holy crap great idea, could I bug you for the size on that?

Sure thing - that one is the most expensive one that I've purchased so far, as you'd expect given its ginormous size (and I needed two - one for my green button variant and one for my blue button variant).   I'll find the measurements when I get home.  I recall they were around $120 each.   [Also, I see that right now CGA's custom acrylics page is currently "temporarily unavailable".] 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, drxandy said:

I am looking for protection for cardboard sleeved discs like 20200731_122934.thumb.jpg.d0a8871f44153ea895600963afe7c3da.jpg

And other demos.

Oh, I'd love to find a source for these too.  SO many applicable uses for a size like that. 

I'd also like to find a protector for a standard sized jewel case with a cardboard slipcover (e.g. US CD-i, 3DO adult titles, etc). 

• Love 1