IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Next video game auction Starting November 20th! Referral program active for future auctions.

Domuhnator

15 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

I want to go on record to say that a great deal of sealed video game titles will have populations lower than NWC. When I watched the new PNESPunk video and they said there were 86 of those known to exist, my reaction to that enormous amount was even more inflammatory than how Pat reacted to "56 sealed Mike Tyson". These MSMCP's are gonna lose it and I'm sure it's why many of them wanted to keep the populations secret. This is part of the rage battle that's been going on between them and sealed collectors all these years because their stance has always been "It's dumb to collect sealed games because the purpose of a game is to open up and play it". Well, no shit, because that's what everyone did. And rather than acknowledge that fact, the MSM has chosen to fabricate some ridiculous conspiracy theory instead of falling on their sword and saying "you know what, maybe we were wrong, sealed games are definitely difficult to find".

I’m a sealed collector and I agree that some sealed games are ridiculously hard to find. It’s the challenge in finding one that keeps me interested. Though I just want to say that just because something is rare, it doesn’t equate to millions of cash. You are making a false assumption that the rarer they are the more dollars will be spent on them.

The market is dictated by how much collectors are willing to spend, not by how much you or sellers think it will fetch.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GPX said:

I’m a sealed collector and I agree that some sealed games are ridiculously hard to find. It’s the challenge in finding one that keeps me interested. Though I just want to say that just because something is rare, it doesn’t equate to millions of cash. You are making a false assumption that the rarer they are the more dollars will be spent on them.

The market is dictated by how much collectors are willing to spend, not by how much you or sellers think it will fetch.

Yes I agree, I'm not trying to attribute scarcity of sealed games to automatically commanding a high dollar value, I'm simply trying to say that alot of these sealed titles are going to be more scarce than what old guard collectors and MSMCP's have historically paid large amounts of money for, like NWC. Al Unser Jr's. Turbo Racing is certainly not going to sell for a million dollars, but it's definitely more difficult to acquire sealed than it is to get ahold of a NWC.

10 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Yes I agree, I'm not trying to attribute scarcity of sealed games to automatically commanding a high dollar value, I'm simply trying to say that alot of these sealed titles are going to be more scarce than what old guard collectors and MSMCP's have historically paid large amounts of money for, like NWC. Al Unser Jr's. Turbo Racing is certainly not going to sell for a million dollars, but it's definitely more difficult to acquire sealed than it is to get ahold of a NWC.

I tend to agree that sealed collecting is on the rise for price. Though not necessarily because they’re rarer, but more in line with the newer card and comic collectors mentality of wanting “mints”, “popular”, “first-prints”. In other words, the rarity of sealed games have been known (approximately) for some time, just that now the shift in mentality of the new coming collectors in this hobby.

• Agree 3

• 2 months later...

Damn Taco bell 💩 ruined it for me. I wanted MOTU so bad.  I was stuck on the can yelling through the door to my roomie, WHEN THE CLOCK REACHES 10 SECONDS, BID. Hes like okay. A few seconds later..............DID I WIN? Extended time won't let me bid. WTF IS EXTENDED TIME? idk but you lost. FML. Later I learned the winning bid was $11,000. A couple of weeks ago someone was selling a Wata 9.8 A++ on ebay for over 40 grand. Lastnight auction could of been at a steal had I been able to win it.

4 hours ago, inasuma said:

oh forgot to post my wins from this auction. pretty happy overall. $3500 shipped for the pair. I actually misremembered my max bid on the golden sun, ende dup having a bigger ceiling for myself than I thought, but still won. 🙂 

2022-02-25 17_08_29-Account.png

Sealed Sonic Adventure, nice! I have the Japanese version sealed, myself, although it didn't cost quite that much! 😅

• Haha 1