IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Next video game auction Starting November 20th! Referral program active for future auctions.

Domuhnator

6 hours ago, Domuhnator said:

Correct, Nothing will start at $1000. It's just our estimated value. But like I said there is going to be a-lot of stuff that im sure wont hit that mark. We have a lot of new products and unproven items in auction.  

I wish this had been clear earlier. Not accepting products you don't think will earn $1,000 is fine—though to be clear, you create that sort of policy for you and your bottom line and not for either buyers or sellers; also, you already, in your first auction, sold items that went for under $1,000 elsewhere but didn't go for under $1,000 at Goldin because of your mandatory minimum starting bid—but now you're saying that there will be no minimum bid in your next auction, as "nothing will start at $1,000."

That's certainly an acceptable business practice, as it's what Heritage does and they are years ahead of you in terms of being in this market.

But if what you're doing here is saying that "nothing will start at $1,000" simply because there will still be a minimum $1,000 bid but someone will have to bid that for an item to not go unsold, that's a pretty lame rhetorical sleight-of-hand, man.

I hope you will clarify what you mean.

13 hours ago, RETRO said:

I wish this had been clear earlier. Not accepting products you don't think will earn $1,000 is fine—though to be clear, you create that sort of policy for you and your bottom line and not for either buyers or sellers; also, you already, in your first auction, sold items that went for under $1,000 elsewhere but didn't go for under $1,000 at Goldin because of your mandatory minimum starting bid—but now you're saying that there will be no minimum bid in your next auction, as "nothing will start at $1,000."

That's certainly an acceptable business practice, as it's what Heritage does and they are years ahead of you in terms of being in this market.

But if what you're doing here is saying that "nothing will start at $1,000" simply because there will still be a minimum $1,000 bid but someone will have to bid that for an item to not go unsold, that's a pretty lame rhetorical sleight-of-hand, man.

I hope you will clarify what you mean.

Im sorry ifs its confusing. Our starting bids are normally a fraction of what our rough estimated final value is. There is no item we value at $1000 that will start at $1000. Every item in our last auction got bids and im sure they all will in this one too. 

10 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

So when do we actually get to see the games? I see nothing but sports junk* on the website.

*pls don't hurt me

Soon! We're working on titles and making sure everything is migrated over properly. Typically we launch the preview the day before the auction starts. But im working to try and get a longer preview. But its not something Goldin has ever done. 

46 minutes ago, Domuhnator said:

Soon! We're working on titles and making sure everything is migrated over properly. Typically we launch the preview the day before the auction starts. But im working to try and get a longer preview. But its not something Goldin has ever done. 

Longer auction previews are needed. I know you're looking for feedback on how you can improve things, that would be a great start. I'm hesitant to use Goldin because of that.

5 minutes ago, Domuhnator said:

I agree. I am working towards it. 

What is your preferred preview length?  

I think at least 10 days is a good start. Some of these sealed video game titles are niche pieces. And the buyers one might be looking for in some of these instances likely don't keep their ear to the ground for an auction start from the now plethora of auction houses that are offering these games. The more time each piece is able to be viewed, the better.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Domuhnator said:

Hey all! Just a heads up. Our auction preview is live now! We did end up doing a longer than normal preview. If anyone has any questions or concerns please let me know!

- Dom 

Will games still be added or is this the final line up. Someone told me they had a game in this auction that I don’t see up

21 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Link? I don't see anything on the site.

https://goldin.co/buy?view=list&page=1&Category=Video%20Games

461 games in preview currently. 

21 hours ago, Jayleonis said:

Will games still be added or is this the final line up. Someone told me they had a game in this auction that I don’t see up

I believe this is it. We might add a couple last second, but it will be 1 or two if any. 

Goldin officially has my attention with this sealed SNES Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball. First of its kind to hit the major auction block and up until the last 2 raw copies went up for auction on ebay over the last several months, this sealed title has been a white buffalo of mine for nearly 20 years.

https://goldin.co/item/1994-snes-super-nintendo-usa-ken-griffey-jr-signed-ken-griffey-jr-presuxlbw

Ok, i'll be the elephant in the room here. @Jared_Goldinauctions or @Domuhnator care to comment on shipping $45k of raw 1st edition pokemon cards to smpratte in sandwich bags and bubble mailer situation? Namely, how in the f*cking hell could something like this happen? I mean, the most of the cards weren't even sleeved...

Not trying to be mean or anything, but as a prospective buyer who would be spending (significantly) less money than him, I would like some assurances that something like this doesn't happen to me. 

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
52 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Ok, i'll be the elephant in the room here. @Jared_Goldinauctions or @Domuhnator care to comment on shipping $45k of raw 1st edition pokemon cards to smpratte in sandwich bags and bubble mailer situation? Namely, how in the f*cking hell could something like this happen? I mean, the most of the cards weren't even sleeved...

Not trying to be mean or anything, but as a prospective buyer who would be spending (significantly) less money than him, I would like some assurances that something like this doesn't happen to me. 

I tried to look up info on this but all the videos I found are currently set to private. Do you have a source of information where I can read more?

Just now, Gloves said:

I tried to look up info on this but all the videos I found are currently set to private. Do you have a source of information where I can read more?

Correct, he removed the original video. Someone on FB claims he downloaded it before it got taken down, but so far he hasn't shared it...

Here's the only pic I have (not taken by me).

unknown.png

• Wow! 2

Administrator · Posted
Just now, tidaldreams said:

Correct, he removed the original video. Someone on FB claims he downloaded it before it got taken down, but so far he hasn't shared it...

Here's the only pic I have (not taken by me).

unknown.png

Found a guy who did a reaction video, and removed that reaction video after reaching out to smpratte, and has now made an edited version: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I can’t even fathom the chain of events that allows that to happen since Goldin is mostly a card dealer, isn’t he? If you’d expect any company to understand the collectible value of cards it would be one that largely deals in sports cards.

I think the key here is "sports cards". They probably still consider pokemon and video games an afterthought 🤣

The way they packaged that doesn't seem like incompetence, more like they literally do not give a f*ck, which I'd argue is even worse.

• Angry 1

On 11/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, tidaldreams said:

People Sent me that screenshot this over the weekend but it was the first I heard of it. I was unable to watch the video as well. But we ship an unbelievable amount of high end cards with no issues so I don't even know how something. like this would have happened. 

As far as the games go the shipping team and I personally came up with packing procedures for both graded and ungraded games. I expect zero issues on that front.  

On 11/24/2021 at 5:23 AM, Gulag Joe said:

Goldin officially has my attention with this sealed SNES Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball. First of its kind to hit the major auction block and up until the last 2 raw copies went up for auction on ebay over the last several months, this sealed title has been a white buffalo of mine for nearly 20 years.

https://goldin.co/item/1994-snes-super-nintendo-usa-ken-griffey-jr-signed-ken-griffey-jr-presuxlbw

I know that you have been talking about this game for a while now and you might be on to something/correct about it, because it is currently leading the pack at $3,750. Good call on this one! Sports games are rising in price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dumars2001 said:

I know that you have been talking about this game for a while now and you might be on to something/correct about it, because it is currently leading the pack at $3,750. Good call on this one! Sports games are rising in price.

Less than 10 Griffeys have been graded by Wata. I don't expect that total to increase significantly anytime soon. Even if the rate of change in the population would stay the same as it is now, that would put SNES Griffey at 70 graded copies 21 years from now but I'm quite confident there are less sealed Griffeys out there than there are NWC carts. And I can't wait for that to be proven true here in the next few years. It's going to upset alot of the Main Stream Media Collector Personalities (MSMCP).

• Like 1

I want to go on record to say that a great deal of sealed video game titles will have populations lower than NWC. When I watched the new PNESPunk video and they said there were 86 of those known to exist, my reaction to that enormous amount was even more inflammatory than how Pat reacted to "56 sealed Mike Tyson". These MSMCP's are gonna lose it and I'm sure it's why many of them wanted to keep the populations secret. This is part of the rage battle that's been going on between them and sealed collectors all these years because their stance has always been "It's dumb to collect sealed games because the purpose of a game is to open up and play it". Well, no shit, because that's what everyone did. And rather than acknowledge that fact, the MSM has chosen to fabricate some ridiculous conspiracy theory instead of falling on their sword and saying "you know what, maybe we were wrong, sealed games are definitely difficult to find".

• Disagree 1