IGNORED

LARGE 500+PC RETRO MOSTLY NES COLLECTION W/ SIGNS 125 CIB/SEALED

Zyst

1 hour ago, Boss said:
1 hour ago, Boss said:

I just want Harvesr Moon SNES 😞

have had $2k+ offers for it alone - it is VERY HTF in this condition I would say nearly impossible in some instances - - my opinion as always

4 hours ago, Californication said:

I'll go $2,100 I need the Krion Conquest cartridge. Code Monkey can keep the rest.

2 more I thought of: 

HES = Home Entertainment Suppliers / Australian variants in short?

"Clamshell" = the Clamshell style case these particular variants came in - notice Sidewinders has the "dongle attachment" which ups the value (in my opinion) because how many folks have lost a dongle or small part like that over the years?  ESP if the part is unique to that title or was printed in a small run/very few are in existence to start with etc.  

Variants = The same title but released by a different company for a number of reasons. Variant example in this collection are 2 sought after LRH (do you remember?) variants the SACHEN OG Art w/ unpunched hang tab (I think?) and the HES LRH Clamshell variant, 

That's all I believe = all opinion.  

BY THE WAY -- FEEL FREE TO SCHOOL ME ON THIS STUFF -- YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!  LOL -- INFO APPRECIATED I LOVE DISCUSSING THIS TYPE OF THING!

Thanks!

• Haha 1

I can't believe you've been a collector all these years and haven't realized this buuuut let me help you understand all the sarcasm you're getting.

When people are looking to buy a lot of items, they're looking for a discount, not looking to pay a premium. It's like buying a lot on Ebay, there' almost 0% chance you need every single item in that lot, so you're not going to pay full price for all of them, especially considering the hassle you have to go through to (presumably) re-sell the stuff they don't want to keep.

And here you are, doing the complete opposite, marking all your items at 2x Pricecharting "because they're nice." It also doesn't help your case that you've told your prospective buyers that you're really looking to get rid of this stuff in a hurry.

In my opinion, you'll be lucky if you can get 60% of pricecharting value for your items. The core problem is you're looking for someone who wants every single one of these items, in that condition. The odds that there's a single customer who wants more than 30% of the items in your lot is almost nil. The only real chance you have of selling this as to someone who is gonna resell most or all of it, which means they'll want a good deal on it.

As others have said, it's probably best to piece this out. Trying to sell it as a lot, you're going to take a bath on it. Sorry, that's the nature of the situation you're in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Zyst said:

2 more I thought of: 

HES = Home Entertainment Suppliers / Australian variants in short?

"Clamshell" = the Clamshell style case these particular variants came in - notice Sidewinders has the "dongle attachment" which ups the value (in my opinion) because how many folks have lost a dongle or small part like that over the years?  ESP if the part is unique to that title or was printed in a small run/very few are in existence to start with etc.  

Variants = The same title but released by a different company for a number of reasons. Variant example in this collection are 2 sought after LRH (do you remember?) variants the SACHEN OG Art w/ unpunched hang tab (I think?) and the HES LRH Clamshell variant, 

That's all I believe = all opinion.  

BY THE WAY -- FEEL FREE TO SCHOOL ME ON THIS STUFF -- YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!  LOL -- INFO APPRECIATED I LOVE DISCUSSING THIS TYPE OF THING!

Thanks!

I learned most of this from some of you VERY specialized collectors -- feel free to chime in -- you are far more expert!

ALL good man -- have multiple resellers in strong negotiations!

Very confident!

Like I said if you haven't sold volume quality in this market you WILL NOT GET IT until you go down that spreadsheet and price those titles AS IF you wanted to let them sit on the market for 6 MONTHS with no one purchasing it to take offers.  

Do you know how many times I tried to price it out of reach and it sold before I could get up from the keyboard or while I was listing?  Have over 10,000 transactions w/ data to show I got LITERALLY 10X Price charting AVG for XEN the Ninja Warrior Factory FRESH like some of these titles in 2017.  I can send you a sales long and PC AVG at the time per your request to prove I am not bluffing.

One more to prove I am not bluffing look at ROLLER GAMES -- see that AVG?  I got $100 for this copy no questions asked and they were STOKED to get it.  I can also send you proof -- I can send you proof of an obscure foreign title I bet you cant price accurately and I got 4 offers @ $300 & sold it at $450 the next day.  I can prove this send PM.  

Check the stuff out and do a real market analysis and if you do it as described above and think about this NOT AS A COLLECTOR but as a RESELLER you will realize many folks are SERIOUS about purchasing this. 

I welcome your laughter.  

I welcome your ridicule!  

I am confident!  Look at the sheet plz!

1 hour ago, Zyst said:

Like I said if you haven't sold volume quality in this market you WILL NOT GET IT until you go down that spreadsheet and price those titles AS IF you wanted to let them sit on the market for 6 MONTHS with no one purchasing it to take offers.  

Do you know how many times I tried to price it out of reach and it sold before I could get up from the keyboard or while I was listing?  Have over 10,000 transactions w/ data to show I got LITERALLY 10X Price charting AVG for XEN the Ninja Warrior Factory FRESH like some of these titles in 2017.  I can send you a sales long and PC AVG at the time per your request to prove I am not bluffing.

One more to prove I am not bluffing look at ROLLER GAMES -- see that AVG?  I got $100 for this copy no questions asked and they were STOKED to get it.  I can also send you proof -- I can send you proof of an obscure foreign title I bet you cant price accurately and I got 4 offers @ $300 & sold it at $450 the next day.  I can prove this send PM.  

Check the stuff out and do a real market analysis and if you do it as described above and think about this NOT AS A COLLECTOR but as a RESELLER you will realize many folks are SERIOUS about purchasing this. 

I welcome your laughter.  

I welcome your ridicule!  

I am confident!  Look at the sheet plz!

TO BE CLEAR --- 10K+ TRANSACTIONS SELLING ONLINE GENERALLY VIA MY PERSONAL AND JOB-- ABOVE WAS SHOWING EXPERIENCE IN DETERMING MARKET VALUE NOT HOW MANY PIECES OF RETRO GAME STUFF I SOLD ON THE INTERNET!  

OFFICIAL NEW MINIMIUM OFFERS!!!!

$1,000 CASH ONLY:

$500+ TRADE: 

VERY FAIR IN MY OPINION@

STILL SELLING TOMORROW NO MATTER WHAT!

• Haha 2

Moderator · Posted

My biggest concern, and I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but in your OP you wrote the below:

On 11/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, Zyst said:

100% authentic, buyer can inspect every board/item thoroughly and discount any fakes.

This implies that you don't know whether there are any fakes in your lot for sale, a lot which is so big no potential buyer would have the time to inspect every board unless you're about to offer to open every cartridge and take picture of every single one. At least not by this Sunday deadline that none of us care about.

VGS tries so hard to be welcoming to new members, but no one here knows you, and you come in shouting your smart business acumen to several longtime collectors who are pointing out how counterintuitive every thing you say is.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

My biggest concern, and I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but in your OP you wrote the below:

This implies that you don't know whether there are any fakes in your lot for sale, a lot which is so big no potential buyer would have the time to inspect every board unless you're about to offer to open every cartridge and take picture of every single one. At least not by this Sunday deadline that none of us care about.

VGS tries so hard to be welcoming to new members, but no one here knows you, and you come in shouting your smart business acumen to several longtime collectors who are pointing out how counterintuitive every thing you say is.

BUYERS WILLING TO 100% OPEN EVERY SINGLE CARTRIDGE IN FRONT OF YOU PER REQUEST W/ MY OWN TOOLS AND PHOTO/CATALOG EVERY BOARD TO ADD TO THE SPREADSHEET!  

100% DISCOUNT OFF OF PCVG AVG THAT ARE OFFICIAL "FAKES" AND NOT SOUGHT AFTER BOOTS/MULTI!

WE STILL TALK TO THE GUY WE PURCHASED ONE OF THESE LOTS FROM -- WE ARE IN STRONG NEGOTIATIONS TO PURCHASE THE REMAINDER - IF FAKE -- IT WILL BE A HARD CONVERSATION.  

SELLER WILLING -- AS IN ME 

I WILL DO THE WORK AND PROVIDE LUNCH WHILE YOU PLAY YOUR GAMES OF CHOICE!

57 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Also you are spamming your own FS thread multiple times within a 24-hour span in violation of our site's rules. Responding to others is fine, but you've posted 6 consecutive posts in the last 20 minutes and that is not.

Sorry I am new to social media / excuse my lack in etiquette. 

I will improve and very sorry again!  So it doenst push notify when I do the reply?  Just a new thread?

• Haha 1

Moderator · Posted
Just now, Zyst said:

BUYERS WILLING TO 100% OPEN EVERY SINGLE CARTRIDGE IN FRONT OF YOU PER REQUEST W/ MY OWN TOOLS AND PHOTO/CATALOG EVERY BOARD TO ADD TO THE SPREADSHEET!  

100% DISCOUNT OFF OF PCVG AVG THAT ARE OFFICIAL "FAKES" AND NOT SOUGHT AFTER BOOTS/MULTI!

WE STILL TALK TO THE GUY WE PURCHASED ONE OF THESE LOTS FROM -- WE ARE IN STRONG NEGOTIATIONS TO PURCHASE THE REMAINDER - IF FAKE -- IT WILL BE A HARD CONVERSATION.  

You bought large lots of games from someone and didn't check to see if any were fakes when they arrived? That's the first thing you do.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

You bought large lots of games from someone and didn't check to see if any were fakes when they arrived? That's the first thing you do.

We know the history of the titles -- we have been diligent and are offering the buyer the same opportunity to be diligent -- no shady business here!

52 minutes ago, Zyst said:

We know the history of the titles -- we have been diligent and are offering the buyer the same opportunity to be diligent -- no shady business here!

We picked these up in person -- only way we would do it!

53 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

The IF FAKE IT WILL BE A HARD CONVERSATION meant "if these games are fake - it will be a tough conversation when we go to buy the rest as in -- he pulled the wool over our eyes and completely fooled us and our diligence fell short etc.  

48 minutes ago, Zyst said:

The IF FAKE IT WILL BE A HARD CONVERSATION meant "if these games are fake - it will be a tough conversation when we go to buy the rest as in -- he pulled the wool over our eyes and completely fooled us and our diligence fell short etc.  

I am calling it a night - don't hate me guys I knew coming into this I was going to get a LOT of flack so I am trying to be as transparent as possible by providing the best information/pics I can give you in person. 

Not trying to throw around my business acumen and shout etc just trying to at least show that I have experience in this space and I am confident in what I am selling. 

This is not trying to be cocky or anything it's an "unbelievable" thing to try and sell this much stuff so I am trying to do my best to make this "believable" in any way I can.  

Very sorry if I am coming off as condescending I am more or less wanting serious buyers to really get in there and put some time into this offer because this is a great lot for someone who is nearing the end of the set especially in the CIB market which is getting more and more difficult. 

Retro games were a very important part of our free time when we were kids and before we became heavily involved in work/family/the things you do when you grow up.  I am not looking to step on anyone's toes or be the big guy beating his chest in here.  

I simply want people to look.  If this draws bad attention to me, I will take it because this my goal is for someone who is really trying to finish this set or looking to run a business in this marketplace to grab this while it is here and on the market.  I am emotionally attached to it sure, but once this sale is done I will go about my life and probably never post here again or try and build a repuation etc. 

My goal is to get folks to look at this collection and make a fair offer.  Best offer takes it.  We have other opportunities and can use the capital.  Simply put. 

Thanks again everyone! 

• Haha 1

Buyer and seller enter a smoke-filled room through the back alley. One begins furiously checking the games for fakes, the other inspects the briefcases filled with stacks of unmarked bills. They're both nervous, wondering if they'll need to have a 'hard conversation', unsure if they'd come out on top. Suddenly, a man bursts through the door. "Pizza delivery!" he says, smiling wryly. "One pie with... extra sausage". Buyer and seller briefly exchange worried glances, then swivel their gaze toward the delivery man. "But we didn't order that..." the buyer says, trembling, "...how're we gonna pay for it?" All three realize in unison: they're about to have that hard conversation after all.

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I still cant tell if this is real or not. 

It's very real!  Painful of course, outlandish yes - but very real!

1 hour ago, ChortleMyBalls said:

Buyer and seller enter a smoke-filled room through the back alley. One begins furiously checking the games for fakes, the other inspects the briefcases filled with stacks of unmarked bills. They're both nervous, wondering if they'll need to have a 'hard conversation', unsure if they'd come out on top. Suddenly, a man bursts through the door. "Pizza delivery!" he says, smiling wryly. "One pie with... extra sausage". Buyer and seller briefly exchange worried glances, then swivel their gaze toward the delivery man. "But we didn't order that..." the buyer says, trembling, "...how're we gonna pay for it?" All three realize in unison: they're about to have that hard conversation after all.

This made me actually LOL in real life this morning - good stuff haha!

3 hours ago, alpenanews0506 said:

I can do $1100 shipped! Payment immediately.

considered!

Edited by Zyst

53 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

shoot I could do 1200 instant lol

Strongly considered!

OK let me give you another bit of information that helps this make sense. 

We basically pooled our money together to start a collection of getting the N64 set.  We felt this was an achievable goal within our budget.  We started piecing it together.  One day a cart only full set came onto craigslist.  We only had around 100 carts and the guy was willing to negotiate.  We purchased the carts and looked to upgrade them to CIB.  We started looking for nice CIB copies and realized this was gonna be a real challenge. 

Our TRUE long term goal was a full set of NES/SNES/N64 CIB (lofty I know) but it was 2014 and w/ enough wheeling and dealing we felt it might be a lifetime achievement as we are close friends etc.

When we saw how difficult N64 CIB was we said well NES/SNES have bigger catalogs and this is only going to get harder so let's start at square 1.  This why we immediately sold our N64 collection - we knew it would be easier to start with the hardest and finish with the commons.  It was getting more difficult.  

IN FINAL - I got a new job, had kids and he also barely had time to source/sell/be very involved as this was a hobby put second to 90% of things in our lives at the time.  So we turned it off.  We went about our lives.  No one thought about this collection until a major expense ie wedding, house (tried lately?) medical bill etc. brought the idea to get the stuff out.  TRUST ME we were 10X more surprised to see the market than you guys are about seeing us sell this collection.  We pulled this stuff out of the safe/closet with the sole and only purpose of selling it all- to fund an expense that is waiting to be paid.  If that makes sense. 

Just wanted to help everyone understand our thought process. 

Thanks!  

Edited by Zyst
typo
  • Confused 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:15 PM, Zyst said:

Strongly considered!

OK let me give you another bit of information that helps this make sense. 

We basically pooled our money together to start a collection of getting the N64 set.  We felt this was an achievable goal within our budget.  We started piecing it together.  One day a cart only full set came onto craigslist.  We only had around 100 carts and the guy was willing to negotiate.  We purchased the carts and looked to upgrade them to CIB.  We started looking for nice CIB copies and realized this was gonna be a real challenge. 

Our TRUE long term goal was a full set of NES/SNES/N64 CIB (lofty I know) but it was 2014 and w/ enough wheeling and dealing we felt it might be a lifetime achievement as we are close friends etc.

When we saw how difficult N64 CIB was we said well NES/SNES have bigger catalogs and this is only going to get harder so let's start at square 1.  This why we immediately sold our N64 collection - we knew it would be easier to start with the hardest and finish with the commons.  It was getting more difficult.  

IN FINAL - I got a new job, had kids and he also barely had time to source/sell/be very involved as this was a hobby put second to 90% of things in our lives at the time.  So we turned it off.  We went about our lives.  No one thought about this collection until a major expense ie wedding, house (tried lately?) medical bill etc. brought the idea to get the stuff out.  TRUST ME we were 10X more surprised to see the market than you guys are about seeing us sell this collection.  We pulled this stuff out of the safe/closet with the sole and only purpose of selling it all- to fund an expense that is waiting to be paid.  If that makes sense. 

Just wanted to help everyone understand our thought process. 

Thanks!  

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Zyst
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Zyst said:

OK GUYS -- I want to throw something out there just so that no one is wasting there valuable time grinding down this spreadsheet on your Sunday afternoon - I made the minimum offer requirement $1,000 and $500 because I was already in 6 figure negotiations before cross posting this collection.  Hence the initial post mentioning  "6 figure negotiations".  I had to put a minimum etc. because as we have seen -- its unbelievable.    

This lot was initially posted for a private 24 hour offering in certain fb groups priced @ $500k OBO.  I have sent confidential redacted proof to these mods of serious offers from major collectors and dealers w/ online stores and multiple brick and mortar locations.  

I know I have been light hearted throughout this thread but TIME IS VALUABLE and the last thing I want to do is waste valuable time.  

Still selling tonight. 

Thanks everyone!

Stop spamming the forum. This isn't your personal advertising space. 

Also, what mods are you claiming to have sent proof to? To my knowledge you've not spoken with any mods on VGS about this sale with regard to providing any proof of any offers. 

You can respond to me here about the above (preferably not in novella format), but anything beyond that will be considered spam and removed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, Gloves said:

Stop spamming the forum. This isn't your personal advertising space. 

Also, what mods are you claiming to have sent proof to? To my knowledge you've not spoken with any mods on VGS about this sale with regard to providing any proof of any offers. 

That being said I will say no more my friend! I feel like the info provided is enough to make an offer and we will take offer tonight.  Once again, I am not familiar with the workings/etiquette of social media -- I am from the bottom of my heart very sorry to cause disturbance.  

Thanks everyone -- further conversation please move to Inbox!

This is my last post I have a very busy day!

Selling tonight!

Thanks!

Edited by Zyst
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Stop spamming please.

Very sorry - detailed response in my last post!  I commented this after I sent the last post if it bumps everyone MY BAD - I just felt the need to apologize to this man before I left! 

I am really gone now - last response - last notify!  

Thanks again!

8 hours ago, Zyst said:

This is my last post I have a very busy day!

8 hours ago, Zyst said:

I just felt the need to apologize to this man before I left! 

I am really gone now - last response - last notify! 

Tonight, by hilarious coincidence, my sister-in-law showed me some recent emails from her years-ago ex-boyfriend who still pesters her. They are, no exaggeration, tens of thousands of words long and they all end EXACTLY like this. "This is the last message I will ever send, oh except for this one, and oh just one more, oh but this ones really the final message..."

...Aaron, is that you?

• Love 1
  • Haha 7

On 11/8/2021 at 12:31 AM, ChortleMyBalls said:

Tonight, by hilarious coincidence, my sister-in-law showed me some recent emails from her years-ago ex-boyfriend who still pesters her. They are, no exaggeration, tens of thousands of words long and they all end EXACTLY like this. "This is the last message I will ever send, oh except for this one, and oh just one more, oh but this ones really the final message..."

...Aaron, is that you?

Yes it is me!  She broke my heart - can you PLEASE have her call me?!  I am tired of sending schizo e-mails back to back as I sob at my keyboard!  Good stuff - I woke up smiling!

OK guys so this really is my last post (yea right) but it really is! 

The sale is over - we are in final negotiations - the lot will be sold once finalized.

FINAL NOTE - this will be my last post here (it really will!) thank you guys so much for checking out this collection! 

Farewell my friends!  

Has been a blast! 

Your friend

Zyst!

Edited by Zyst
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ChortleMyBalls said:

...Aaron, is that you?

Man, this tickled me. Poor bastard, that Aaron. Back in my 20's I dated a couple of girls who had years-old exes still sending emails and desperate messages etc. Total "passive stalker" stuff. The exact opposite of what you should do if you ever want a second chance lol.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:41 AM, Zyst said:

Yes it is me!  She broke my heart - can you PLEASE have her call me?!  I am tired of sending schizo e-mails back to back as I sob at my keyboard!  Good stuff - I woke up smiling!

OK guys so this really is my last post (yea right) but it really is! 

The sale is over - we are in final negotiations - the lot will be sold once finalized.

FINAL NOTE - this will be my last post here (it really will!) thank you guys so much for checking out this collection!  

'tis not often I cast pearls before swine!  (kidding) but yea thanks for checking it out! 

Or, your welcome?  per se.  

Farewell my friends!  

Has been a blast! 

Your friend

Zyst!

Well guys -- The sale has been finalized.. 

I am one to admit when I am wrong and we did not quite get to the 6 figure mark but I will tell you this, I did get the minimum posted here and I feel it is a fair deal as the signs are probably $10k alone.

Thanks Everyone!

Your friend

Zyst!

Edited by Zyst
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zyst said:

Well guys -- The sale has been finalized.. 

I am one to admit when I am wrong and we did not quite get to the 6 figure mark but I will tell you this, I did get the minimum posted here and I feel it is a fair deal as the signs are probably $10k alone.

Thanks Everyone!

Your friend

Zyst!

I do like that World of Nintendo sign. If I were to upgrade my current one, that’s the one I would get. Alas, I will likely just stick with the older WON fiber optic sign.

• Like 1