IGNORED

Werewolf 9: The Thing Sign-Ups Thread

ZeldaFreak

Just now, Jeevan said:

apparently there is a thing and it assimilated people.  I haven't seen it though, so idk.

Lol, yeah, that was my guess based off of the premise of this game.  Maybe we could rebrand this game as ST:TNG The Game Episode and it'll be more relevant.  Hehe.

(Context: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation))

25 minutes ago, RH said:

Lol, yeah, that was my guess based off of the premise of this game.  Maybe we could rebrand this game as ST:TNG The Game Episode and it'll be more relevant.  Hehe.

(Context: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation))

It's more like a game of Zombie tag, if you remember that from being a kid.  As IT tags people, they join his team, until everyone is IT.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, RH said:

Well, I know nothing about the story.  I've heard the name of the film but that's all I know.  What's the premise (beyond the nothing-provided-but-suspense  in the trailer?)

"In remote Antarctica, a group of American research scientists are disturbed at their base camp by a helicopter shooting at a sled dog. When they take in the dog, it brutally attacks both human beings and canines in the camp and they discover that the beast is actually an alien lifeform that can assume the shape of its victims and imitate them perfectly, down to the smallest details. A resourceful helicopter pilot (Kurt Russell) and the camp doctor (Richard Dysart) lead the camp crew in a desperate, gory battle against the vicious creature before it picks them all off, one by one."

It's also an A+ movie that I'd highly recommend watching, even if you aren't usually big in to horror.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

"In remote Antarctica, a group of American research scientists are disturbed at their base camp by a helicopter shooting at a sled dog. When they take in the dog, it brutally attacks both human beings and canines in the camp and they discover that the beast is actually an alien lifeform that can assume the shape of its victims and imitate them perfectly, down to the smallest details. A resourceful helicopter pilot (Kurt Russell) and the camp doctor (Richard Dysart) lead the camp crew in a desperate, gory battle against the vicious creature before it picks them all off, one by one."

It's also an A+ movie that I'd highly recommend watching, even if you aren't usually big in to horror.

It's a very intense game of Among Us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

There are theories that The Thing is meant to be an allegory for the AIDS epidemic, so you never know...

We didn’t identify AIDS until June 1981 and the Thing was filmed in August 1981.  So that wasn’t the original intention in the source material or script, but they may have been aware of it while filming.  Interesting take.

Actually another radical 80s remake, The Fly fits better.

Events Team · Posted
12 hours ago, Makar said:

@Gloves have you thought of advertising games like this via that big banner at the top of the forum? Might bring in some fresh bloo-I mean players

He probably would, but the Secret Santa sign-ups are happening at the same time and that's a bigger event than Werewolf generally.

...Actually, can you do multiple banners at once? I feel like I've seen multiple at once before. If so then nevermind, my reasoning is invalid, haha.

11 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

You know I'm in....

comments colbert GIF

Everyone else:

whydoihearbossmusic.jpg

Was wondering if you'd show up!

With that, there's only 2 spots remaining on the sign-ups, not counting back-ups! Get in while you still can!

On 11/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, RH said:

Well, I know nothing about the story.  I've heard the name of the film but that's all I know.  What's the premise (beyond the nothing-provided-but-suspense  in the trailer?)

On 11/5/2021 at 12:11 PM, Jeevan said:

apparently there is a thing and it assimilated people.  I haven't seen it though, so idk.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:29 PM, Rhapsody98 said:

I haven't seen it, but I listened while my husband watched it. 

• Haha 1