IGNORED

Werewolf 9: The Thing Sign-Ups Thread

ZeldaFreak

1 hour ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Awesome! Like I said, the more back-ups we have, the better. If we could get 2 or 3 total, that would be perfect. With that said, remember that if you guys aren't sure if you'll be able to participate fully, you can always sign up as back-ups @RH @Reed Rothchild. I'll of course keep you both on the sign-ups list for now, but back-ups are always very handy to have.

Oh, I should definitely be able to post within the expected limits of a player.  I just won't be around as much to stir as many pots and to threaten personal votes as before.

...but do expect me to immediately vote for myself every day phase to prove I'm town.  Hahaha, just kidding... or am I?!?!

Edited by RH
  • Haha 3

Events Team · Posted
12 hours ago, Splain said:

When a new wolf is assimilated, I assume they retain all the same roles/abilities as before, but now they have a different alignment and they have to start lying like crazy.

I was debating with myself whether or not I should reveal this publicly, but I figure I will since this is a pretty baseline aspect of how assimilations work: If someone with night actions is assimilated, they lose said night actions once they become a Thing. So, they essentially become a "vanilla wolf," so to speak, wherein their only ability is to assimilate and chat with the other Things. I did consider the possibility of having players keep their night actions even when they're assimilated, but I decided against it since I thought that would give the Things too big of an advantage if they assimilated the right people.

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I was debating with myself whether or not I should reveal this publicly, but I figure I will since this is a pretty baseline aspect of how assimilations work: If someone with night actions is assimilated, they lose said night actions once they become a Thing. So, they essentially become a "vanilla wolf," so to speak, wherein their only ability is to assimilate and chat with the other Things. I did consider the possibility of having players keep their night actions even when they're assimilated, but I decided against it since I thought that would give the Things too big of an advantage if they assimilated the right people.

I went ahead and added this to the explanation for this particular game as well in the original post. I actually forgot to clarify that in the original post, then once Splain brought that up, I internally debated on whether or not I wanted to reveal how that works publicly.

Events Team · Posted
25 minutes ago, Rhapsody98 said:

Good theory, but it was based on a 1938 novel called "Who Goes There?"

I didn't say it was my theory, haha. I don't personally believe that theory, it's just a theory I've heard about the movie before. Trust me, I know the novella it's based on 😛

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

Well, I know nothing about the story.  I've heard the name of the film but that's all I know.  What's the premise (beyond the nothing-provided-but-suspense  in the trailer?)

apparently there is a thing and it assimilated people.  I haven't seen it though, so idk.