IGNORED

Music Debate #126: Megadeth

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking band. Or artist.
    • 8/10 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. More than a few songs you like. You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area. Or still alive.
    • 5/10 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
    • 3/10 - Not very good. You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time. You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

6 perfectly described my feelings on them. Ive never dove deep into their catalog but did like what I heard. Thought about seeing them once or twice but I think they were on the bill with a couple other bands that I actively disliked or were indifferent too and didn’t want to sit through the whole show just to see them

• 3 weeks later...

10/10.  First band I ever saw in 01.  Rust in Peace is one of my favorite albums and Marty Friedman has some of the greatest solos of all time on it.  My band just covered Tornado of Souls and right before the solo all the lights turned off, then the crowd lit me up for the solo and when it was over the lights went on.  Killer moment.  

16 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

That whole Beavis and Butthead Experience album was killer!

Yup!  I bought it for Nirvanas "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" and the only other track I remember was 99 Ways to Die.  Only for 5 years later to really love Megadeth.

• Like 1

Missed this one too.. 10. Easily my favourite all around band. Dave's voice is a little much on some tracks but overall they are the complete package in my opinion. People always dwell on the Marty/Menza era, which was the bands prime, but they had/have some killer musicians play for the over the years all giving a unique flavour to Dave's writing. They had some real bangers later in their career as well. The end of 1320' is amazing (breakdown at 2:28)...

• Like 1