IGNORED

Official Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2021! (Signups are closed)

Secret Santa

I was going to do this sooner, but...

The one (of two) people that I can confirm has given me a name and address will receive their Christmas card in a few days. This person (eventually like the other) has received the same gift (in their card) that the rest of you have received. And they (as in both) can choose to keep it, or trade it for something I will choose for them once I finally return to Tokyo.

Wata Excuses has graded what I have said a 9.8/A+. It has sold on Hardy Har Haritage Auctions for 2.5 million puns.

That is all.

Edited by FenrirZero

21 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

The one (of two) people that I can confirm has given me a name and address will receive their Christmas card in a few days. This person (eventually like the other) has received the same gift (in their card) that the rest of you have received. And they (as in both) can choose to keep it, or trade it for something I will choose for them once I finally return to Tokyo.

Wata Excuses has graded what I have said a 9.8/A+. It has sold on Hardy Har Haritage Auctions for 2.5 million puns.

That is all.

So many parentheses..

23 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

That is all.

When are ya headed back to Tokyo bud?

24 minutes ago, Murray said:

When are ya headed back to Tokyo bud?

With any luck, I am hoping May of next year. It will be my 10th anniversary when it comes to my first full experience in Tokyo. But more realistically, I am hoping to return before my next birthday. Which means I need to work my butt off when it comes to making the money I lost atop of me not being there right now.

I miss being around (mostly) sane people. 😭

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
42 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Greetings, @spacepup.  Here on Earth, we call it Christmas. 

Oh, interesting.  I've been observing these creatures on your so-called 'Earth,' and I'm finding lots of strange things I don't quite fully understand.

I've noticed all sorts of interesting traditions.  For example, when an earthling's child loses a tooth, the earthlings believe that forcing the child to sleep with lost body parts, will somehow bring good fortune with a mythical creature who breaks into the child's bedroom and pays them money for said body parts.  This appears to be completely normal and accepted.

Speaking of this so-called 'Christmas' you speak of, the earthlings also tell their children that a mysterious man called "Santa" is allowed to break into their homes in the middle of the night, trading gifts for cookies.  The children are told this story for years, only to be later told it was all a lie to deceive them.

I'm very confused by these earthlings.  They tell their children not to talk to strangers, and buy many fire-powered weapons to defend their homes, but consistently bribe their children to be "good" with the "reward" of strange creatures breaking into their homes in the middle of the night.  

There must be some deeper meaning to these traditions.  I will continue to monitor in the meantime.

spacepup signing out!

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Administrator · Posted
30 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Oh, interesting.  I've been observing these creatures on your so-called 'Earth,' and I'm finding lots of strange things I don't quite fully understand.

I've noticed all sorts of interesting traditions.  For example, when an earthling's child loses a tooth, the earthlings believe that forcing the child to sleep with lost body parts, will somehow bring good fortune with a mythical creature who breaks into the child's bedroom and pays them money for said body parts.  This appears to be completely normal and accepted.

Speaking of this so-called 'Christmas' you speak of, the earthlings also tell their children that a mysterious man called "Santa" is allowed to break into their homes in the middle of the night, trading gifts for cookies.  The children are told this story for years, only to be later told it was all a lie to deceive them.

I'm very confused by these earthlings.  They tell their children not to talk to strangers, and buy many fire-powered weapons to defend their homes, but consistently bribe their children to be "good" with the "reward" of strange creatures breaking into their homes in the middle of the night.  

There must be some deeper meaning to these traditions.  I will continue to monitor in the meantime.

spacepup signing out!

I feel like this has a very real danger of becoming a question of whether larger and more "permanent" body parts offered up to the mythical creatures might engender larger gifts in return.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1