IGNORED

Official Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2021! (Signups are closed)

Secret Santa

• The title was changed to Official Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2021! (Signups are closed)

I've been putting off shopping for my recipient since my budget is a bit tight this month. I was going to go shopping as soon as I got paid on the first but then I remembered the mail is super slow so I might run out of time to get the damn things. So I just gave in and did it today. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me.

Social Team · Posted
17 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

I've been putting off shopping for my recipient since my budget is a bit tight this month. I was going to go shopping as soon as I got paid on the first but then I remembered the mail is super slow so I might run out of time to get the damn things. So I just gave in and did it today. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me.

I understand that feeling.  I'm spreading out my Christmas purchases over two months so help disburce that hit to the wallet.  I got like 80% of my recipient done....now it's a matter of how much "bonus" gifts they get.

4 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Same.  Trying to think of a couple nice touches to round out the package.

Same lol. We're all in the same boat! And glad I ordered when I did...jeez...I hope nothing is wrong with the stuff I ordered. I'm not going to get it until Dec 1st...maybe. That doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room if something is wrong.

My giftee is a little difficult since they only listed games so any "bonus" items I work in will be up to my imagination. lol.

Wiggle room can be added, as long as you are showing you are making an effort!!!!

5 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Same lol. We're all in the same boat! And glad I ordered when I did...jeez...I hope nothing is wrong with the stuff I ordered. I'm not going to get it until Dec 1st...maybe. That doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room if something is wrong.

On 11/22/2021 at 8:56 PM, FenrirZero said:

So... Seeing how I had to cancel my flight, and get a few bucks back from my rental, I am willing to send off any X'mas cards to those who are brave enough willing to get one from me. 🎄

I just need to be DM'd to get the thermal det-- Erm... To get the ball rolling. 🙃

i love thermal det erms!!!!

8 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

bad report form the usps. all my items have been listed a late delivery and to expect them between 1 dec to 5 dec.  don't look like my giftee will have in time. 

Yes, this is why we started ealier this year, hopefully the usps will get their act together, I would hate to have to send Bender in to get them in line!  On second thought, that sounds like a wonderful idea!

Moderator · Posted

I managed to get most of my shopping done, for this and everyone else I’m shopping for. My problem is I don’t always pay attention where something I ordered is coming from, so I didn’t notice until I got the shipping notification that something I ordered for my giftee is coming from Italy and may not arrive in time for me to send my package to them. Fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

I managed to get most of my shopping done, for this and everyone else I’m shopping for. My problem is I don’t always pay attention where something I ordered is coming from, so I didn’t notice until I got the shipping notification that something I ordered for my giftee is coming from Italy and may not arrive in time for me to send my package to them. Fingers crossed.

You ordered a pizza?  Come on that doesn't ship well!

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
4 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

The first half of my gift came today. The second half is going to take it's sweet time. I ordered them the same exact day within minutes of each other...just shows how slow some sellers are at shipping.

So you're saying I SHOULDN'T wait until the last minute... 

19 hours ago, Secret Santa said:

Don't be naughty or I will send Bender to beat the info out of you!

12 hours ago, Secret Santa said:

200.gif

damn, @Secret Santais kinda mean this year. Maybe HE should go on the naughty list! (i kid, i kid)

but seriously, i hope i get that straight-from-Italy pizza. is it too late to add that to my list?

p.s. to actually add to this thread, my gift(s?) have all arrived here. i just need to get off my ass and package them up to send to my recipient!