IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - KLAX

BeaIank

13 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I am legitimately impressed that you somehow got a lower score than me. I was fairly certain that I had last place locked up this week.

I had no idea my score would be dead last until I opened up the thread to post it.  I literally played one game, taking a pic at the start of level 2 and at the start of level 3.  I thought it was an average "not trying" score for level 2, but I guess not.

All that being said, there might not even be enough entries to knock me down to 9th for 3 points, so I could end up with 4 points or more for that horrific one-and-done attempt.... 😛

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I had no idea my score would be dead last until I opened up the thread to post it.  I literally played one game, taking a pic at the start of level 2 and at the start of level 3.  I thought it was an average "not trying" score for level 2, but I guess not.

All that being said, there might not even be enough entries to knock me down to 9th for 3 points, so I could end up with 4 points or more for that horrific one-and-done attempt.... 😛

Even just five diagonals will net you 25k before bonus points. That should be very simple to do. 

51 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I haven't played this since 2015 so I may have spent an entire 3 minutes between starting the game and posting my score. Obviously my level of effort is reflected in my ridiculously low point total.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:43 AM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I will say, I think the 1.1 million combo (3 columns of the same color) is doable without digging into the code. It will take some luck, but opportunities should come up often enough. 

I decided to play a quick game this morning and somehow ended up with an even lower score. 

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, you know how it is.

...Plus, she gave him the points already for the puzzle genre - check it out: he has 44 points and the week's not even over!  If the person running the show is giving him the points before the competition is even done, that pretty much says it all concerning the possible outcomes in this here puzzle race!!!!

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

...Plus, she gave him the points already for the puzzle genre - check it out: he has 44 points and the week's not even over!  If the person running the show is giving him the points before the competition is even done, that pretty much says it all concerning the possible outcomes in this here puzzle race!!!!

If I can make the top 8, it would be mathematically possible for me to move up to 8th on the overall leaderboard. If I can beat @Jeevan, I'd play you in the second round.

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

I haven't really been challenged all year.  But this week I only have a three point lead in the Platformer genre so Holy Diver is like a mini warm-up to having my first real challenge.  Time to shift gears...

I would have beaten it the other day, but it locked up on me in the middle of the last boss battle. A win this week could put me in 8th on the overall leaderboard, so I might have to try.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I would have beaten it the other day, but it locked up on me in the middle of the last boss battle. A win this week could put me in 8th on the overall leaderboard, so I might have to try.

I only ever beat it with continues and I doubt I can get to the level three boss on my first life, so I won't be winning the week, just trying to beat PII...

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You'd still play Jeevan if you got 8th, but you'd be the one choosing the game, so that's a major advantage...