IGNORED

3DS LEGO Avengers Quinjet Special Edition

I found this special "big box" 3DS game. I can't find any info regarding its release. I figured it was released as a department / electronics store exclusive. 
I've looked at ads from Target around the time of the general game's release in January 2016, but I didn't see it. I can't find ads from Best Buy, Toys R Us or others around the same time.

-It's the same size as the Frogger special edition (which is thicker than the box for Kid Icarus).
-It contains LEGO quinjet set. I can hear the pieces jingling when I jiggle the box

01.jpg

02.jpg

Edited by monsterG
  • Like 2

This was a TRU exclusive.

Overall there were a small number of Lego 'big boxes' and all of them were exclusive to specific retailers.  Additionally Lego Lord of the Rings had an exclusive version that mentions it comes with a exclusive in-game mini-fig (via code).  If you've got it sealed you'll see a sticker on the insert. The insert itself has it's own UPC different from the standard release. I'm pretty sure that this exclusive version came from Target, as that's where I got mine when new.

Lego Batman 3 - Keychain minifig - TRU

Lego Chima: Lava's Journey - Keychain minifig - Walmart

Lego Jurassic World - Minifig - Target

Lego Marvel Avengers - Quinjet kit -TRU

Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Universe In Peril - Keychain minifig - Target

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Poe's X-Wing kit - Target

Both the Quinjet and Poe's X-Wing kits weren't exclusive kits, they're just the poly-bagged kits that were available for ~$5 at the time that you could find in stores Lego sections usually on endcap sidekicks.  The 'big box' for those are the exclusives (and the fact that the game's inserts for those editions are Not For Resale version).  The Dr. Wu minifig is also a polybagged fig. I don't know if it was sold in stores as some exclusive minifigs were at the time.

StW6U1i.jpg?1

uFHst0z.jpg?1

Edited by PapaStu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1