IGNORED

What are the current opinions on VGA vs WATA?

dr.robbie

17 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I just boxed up a pile of cats for both VGA and Wata, I wrapped each cat on the carpet and there was cat hair everywhere when I was done. It was in the bubble wrap, on the games, in the box, there's no avoiding it. I know Wata will clean them when received because I paid for cleaning on all of them.

I'm sorry I read it this way

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The hair in the case you speak of is the seller's own fault most times. Wata has an option for game cleaning so if they open a package and there's dog hair on the game (from the owner's packing), then they're not even going to bother brushing it off if the owner didn't pay for cleaning. They're just going to leave it there and encase it with the game, why would they do any different? I just boxed up a pile of games for both VGA and Wata, I wrapped each game on the carpet and there was cat hair everywhere when I was done. It was in the bubble wrap, on the games, in the box, there's no avoiding it. I know Wata will clean them when received because I paid for cleaning on all of them.

I totally disagree with the hair bit. I have only received one order back from them after submitting 1.5yr ago. I do not have any humans or animals in my house that have the hair that is in a few of my games. On top of that, before I pack anything to be sent off for grading, I check them all for any dust, sticky residue, hair, etc. While what you explained may be true for others, it is not at all true in my experience. 

3 hours ago, epiczail said:

I totally disagree with the hair bit. I have only received one order back from them after submitting 1.5yr ago. I do not have any humans or animals in my house that have the hair that is in a few of my games. On top of that, before I pack anything to be sent off for grading, I check them all for any dust, sticky residue, hair, etc. While what you explained may be true for others, it is not at all true in my experience. 

That's definitely odd.

• Confused 1

On 10/28/2021 at 12:31 AM, AnimalHouse said:

Since Wata is way behind there TAT estimates. I won't be sending anymore games to them until they improve there quality control. Today I found brown HUMAN HAIR in multiple slabs. I couldn't believe it. Like whoever job at Wata is to slab these games needs to wear a fucking hairnet. I do not want there employees hair and my games preserved together forever.

The time it will take to get customer service to respond to my inquiry, send the hair infested slabs back to them, have it removed and sent back to me, will take forever! As a reminder to everyone here, thoroughly check your slabs. You might find a early Christmas present from Wata claus. 

Update: The Wata Team is taking care of my issue. I imagine the process will take months since its a free service and there supposedly moving.

1 minute ago, AnimalHouse said:

Update: The Wata Team is taking care of my issue. I imagine the process will take months since its a free service and there supposedly moving.

You should check in with Code Monkey. He's attacking people on the forum and saying that the hair you all found in your cases was your fault, not WATA's. Also the hair that scores of others have found in their cases wasn't WATA's fault, either. Not the hair all over the Lone Ranger (NES) currently on eBay, not the hair all over the otherwise great-looking Thundercade (NES) now on eBay. All you folks are to blame... says Code Monkey.

Odd, isn't it Code Monkey, how WATA has decided to make these folks whole for something that was "their own fault"?

🙄

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, RETRO said:

You should check in with Code Monkey. He's attacking people on the forum and saying that the hair you all found in your cases was your fault, not WATA's. Also the hair that scores of others have found in their cases wasn't WATA's fault, either. Not the hair all over the Lone Ranger (NES) currently on eBay, not the hair all over the otherwise great-looking Thundercade (NES) now on eBay. All you folks are to blame... says Code Monkey.

Odd, isn't it Code Monkey, how WATA has decided to make these folks whole for something that was "their own fault"?

🙄

I'd not say he's "attacking" people. 

9 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd not say he's "attacking" people. 

Obviously I respect your opinion, even if I disagree. He clearly wrote that anyone who says they found hair in a WATA case put it there themselves (accidentally) and then withheld (intentionally) the fact that they did so when complaining about WATA being the culprit rather than their own home environments. Multiple folks here have complained of human and/or dog hair in WATA cases, and I've posted photos of WATA cases—not mine—with human or dog hair in them. So when someone here says that people are withholding information about their home environments to blame WATA for something they did, and does so knowing that people here have made exactly that sort of complaint, respectfully that seems like an attack to me. The other possibility is that you may have missed Code Monkey's initial comment on this, as it was part of a very long attack on me earlier in the thread that was similarly filled with things that are untrue.

Edited by RETRO

25 minutes ago, RETRO said:

🙄

I saw what he wrote but it doesn't apply to me. My games are sealed in case packs. It would be impossible and improbable to be mine. Also the hair wouldn't come from my pets either because they have scales, not hair.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
20 minutes ago, RETRO said:

Obviously I respect your opinion, even if I disagree. He clearly wrote that anyone who says they found hair in a WATA case put it there themselves (accidentally) and then withheld (intentionally) the fact that they did so when complaining about WATA being the culprit rather than their own home environments. Multiple folks here have complained of human and/or dog hair in WATA cases, and I've posted photos of WATA cases—not mine—with human or dog hair in them. So when someone here says that people are withholding information about their home environments to blame WATA for something they did, and does so knowing that people here have made exactly that sort of complaint, respectfully that seems like an attack to me. The other possibility is that you may have missed Code Monkey's initial comment on this, as it was part of a very long attack on me earlier in the thread that was similarly filled with things that are untrue.

He said "most times", not "anyone". You're conflating his broad assumption to an absolute statement, which it was not. I disagree with his assessment, but also your assessment of his assessment. 

That said, you're right - I've not seen any earlier statements. I just saw a claim that people were being attacked, read the last bit to find a comment on the matter, figured I'd found it, and commented on it. 

Frankly, knowing CM at least as much as I do, I can tell you with some certainty that he wasn't likely attacking anyone, rather just making confident claims based on things he assumes to be true. Doesn't make him right, but I've not known him to be malicious.

If he or anyone is actively attacking anyone, I'd appreciate that sort of thing being reported, rather than dragged on. 

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

He said "most times", not "anyone". You're conflating his broad assumption to an absolute statement, which it was not. I disagree with his assessment, but also your assessment of his assessment. 

That said, you're right - I've not seen any earlier statements. I just saw a claim that people were being attacked, read the last bit to find a comment on the matter, figured I'd found it, and commented on it. 

Frankly, knowing CM at least as much as I do, I can tell you with some certainty that he wasn't likely attacking anyone, rather just making confident claims based on things he assumes to be true. Doesn't make him right, but I've not known him to be malicious.

If he or anyone is actively attacking anyone, I'd appreciate that sort of thing being reported, rather than dragged on. 

Correct, most times. Anyone is welcome to disagree with me but I saw a lot of accusations in that post without any sources cited and had to call them out.

I've never been interested in attacking anyone.

47 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Correct, most times. Anyone is welcome to disagree with me but I saw a lot of accusations in that post without any sources cited and had to call them out.

I've never been interested in attacking anyone.

Fair enough. (And I'd cited my sources in other threads here, just not in the comment you commented on. I've never been interested in hiding my sources.)

• 2 weeks later...