IGNORED

Halloween bingo submissions thread!

Jeevan

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

There are more Castlevania games than just on the NES. 😧

My understanding of a Series is at least 3 and this is a complete series of    NES    Castlevanias as any others outside of the NES would be a part of the larger Franchise.

Idk, perhaps further clarification is needed?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PII said:

My understanding of a Series is at least 3 and this is a complete series of    NES    Castlevanias as any others outside of the NES would be a part of the larger Franchise.

Idk, perhaps further clarification is needed?

They got after me about that this morning. I'm aware there are more Resident Evil games than what is shown in my picture, but thought that a complete set for one console would be enough for this contest.

• Sad 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:42 PM, MegaMan52 said:

They got after me about that this morning. I'm aware there are more Resident Evil games than what is shown in my picture, but thought that a complete set for one console would be enough for this contest.

Read through it, twas confusing...

WHAT PRECISELY IS IT THAT YOU WANT FROM US GREAT AND MIGHTY JEEVES!

Edited by PII
  • Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted

Ok, i will clarify it on the actual thread for the bingo.  I want the mainline games for a complete series, not on a single system.  also, got after is harsh @MegaMan52 😞  i so sowwy.........

Anyway, let me get gloves' definition for a complete set from his bingo as that is what I was aiming for.

In fact, I will go through and clarify, which i was originally going to do, for everything just so we are on the same page on them all!  sound fair @PII?  I should have just done it and not been "lazy", in reality i was getting ready to send something to @OptOut and was stressing out about that and what not!  

TL:DR  I should have done a better job on the setup and I'm sorry, please don't hate me, or the game 😆

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, PII said:

@Jeevan No worries ol' chap.  I'm 'avin a jolly ol' time takin part so far.

Side Note: you got me to finally try out a Splatterhouse game - Famicom.  Very fun so far, but how many chickens escaping out of an oven does a boy have to behead?  Yikes!

haha, kinda the point, get you involved!  

Now my puppet, send me all the good photos!  

Number One Reaction GIF by Super Simple

Events Helper · Posted

Side note:  I have found several games participating on these contests/challenges etc. so it kinda helps to branch out and do things like this!  Thanks to the staff and everyone who helps run things like this.  @BeaIank without you I wouldn't have even known about Antarctic adventure!  @Splain and @OptOut for helping me branch out on the N64 library, and anyone else who have made me branch out!  @Reed Rothchild and his backlog challenge got me to branch out as well some!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 hours ago, PII said:

Alright, let's see if I can pass the bar with either attempts #2 or #3 here for complete series.

(I know the Dead Series is expecting more entries starting in 2022, but for now these are it.)

Dead : Evil Dead.png

evil dead movies are amazing, i have seen those, i have seen dawn of the dead the og as well.

Write a Short Spooky Story:

At first I didn't know what true torture was. Then, IT came in the mail, and I'm not talking about the movie. A relic of the past, a story long forgotten. A nightmare only repeated in hushed rumors. I heard about this long ago when I was young and discovered it as an Adult, unaware of the torment I was about to unleash upon myself. It came in an unassuming cardboard box with a friendly note; "Have fun!" As I read the note, a faint smell of mildew graced my nostrils. Little did I know, this was a sign of things to come.

I entered my room, gripping my new treasure. You see, I am an avid collector of niche antiquities. I had decided to frame my new centerpiece next to my other collectors' items. As I stepped back to admire the altar, a faint voice spoke in the back of my mind, a warning, a memory long repressed. I felt unease staring upon my new collectors' piece but I wasn't sure why. I knew in order to relieve my unease that I had to examine it closer; luckily I had the tools in order to do so. 

It took me all evening to prepare my work environment, but I had a burning curiosity to keep me motivated. I had placed the host machine in front of my specialized television, designed to accommodate such... unique memorabilia. As I inserted the collectors' piece into the slot, the hair on my neck stood up as a chill ran down my spine. As I glanced at the clock, I realized it was well past midnight and I knew nobody in the house was awake but me...

Waveringly, I outstretched my hand to the device's "on" switch. I had a sense inside me, that if I continued, there would be no going back. Gaining control of my nerves, I hit the switch. 

What appeared on the screen before me were images unlike anything I had ever seen. Flashes of color; green, pink, brown, black, grey--it's hard to recall in the haze of memory. The things I remember most were my emotions... Above all was rage. Joy, panic, excitement, sadness all part of the experience but all subordinate to my primal rage. I did not know how to react mindfully, I was not human at that time. My subconscious clawed to save my mind, it screamed "turn away, release yourself from this torment!" 

My hands moved on their own, I was not thinking--only acting. Until my mind could handle it no more, and at that point, survival kicked in. I gripped the machine and with an animalistic instinct, I threw it across the room in a vein effort to save what remained of my sanity. I sat there until the sun peeked in through the window and I realized I was exhausted, panting and covered in sweat. Tears ran down my face as I finally came to, and I realized... 

God I hate Battletoads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here are my submissions.  

Favorite autumn drink is an apple/pumpkin hard cider from Blakes's Hard Cider Company WITHOUT pumpkin spice.  Only seasoning here is brown sugar and it's delicious.  I've cleaned out 2 local stores already and might get more.  Woodchuck Cider had a similar tasting cider years ago but discontinued it. 

Carved pumpkins with the daughter a few nights ago and pics are attached.

Favorite decorations are for sentimental reasons.   My daughter painted the small pumpkin and my wife's grandmother owned a ceramics studio business before she passed away and displayed this pumpkin that she had made for my wife's entire life.  My wife ended up with it because everyone knew she loved Halloween.

Complete game set - Luigi's Mansion series.  

I'm going to try and beat either Splatterhouse or a Luigi's Mansion title before the deadline but my wife is due with our second child any day now!  

20211025_141854.jpg

20211025_192625.jpg

20211027_121622.jpg

20211027_121803.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

So one time, my buddy bought a NES game and as we looked upon it he wondered out loud if it would be any good.  IIRC the game in question was "Dragon Spirit."  Following a Closer look I offered what I could: It's got "Dragon" in the title and there's a picture of a guy holding a sword on the front, it has to be good, right?

So here is my favorite drink this fall.  I'm wondering now if my theory will work with beers...

Edited by PII
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1