IGNORED

Halloween bingo submissions thread!

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

Post your submits here for your chance to earn 10 ballots total!

**Directions for each item**

Blog post of your favorite spooky game:  Make a blog post on VGS of your favorite game.

Beat a game based on a horror movie:  Beat a game based on a horror movie, i.e. jaws, Friday the 13th etc.

Post a photo in the mug shot thread of you in a halloween costume:  post a picture of you in a costume for halloween this year in the mug shot thread.  **after time of this posting**

Create a spooky video game character:  Hand drawn or sprite original character.

Watch a scary movie and write up a review:  Um, do what it says and tell me about the movie, chances are I haven't seen it!

Show a complete series of scary movies/video games:  Show me a complete set of scary movies(at least 3), or video games(at least 3) in physical form.  These must be mainline games for a series in game form, i.e. across multiple systems if necessary.

Show us your favorite Autumn Drink:  Pumpkin spice latte or cider?  cider for sure, pumpkin spice heck no!  But you get the point, share what you like to drink around Autumn time!

Write a short Story(spooky) and post it:  Show us your creative writing side and write a story, doesn't have to be a novel, but a decent length, and post it for us to read!

Playthrough a splatterhouse game:  https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/splatterhouse-series  I would guess this list would suffice.  Start and playthrough a game after time of this posting!  And Beat It!

Beat a Luigi's Mansion game:  Start and playthrough a luigi's mansion game after the time of this posting!

Show us your pumpkins:  Share a pic. of your pumpkins for this Halloween!

Show us your pet dressed up for Halloween:  Dress up your pet after the time of this posting!

Show us your favorite Halloween decoration(s):  Show us your favorite Halloween decoration you have up!

Beat a Luigi's Mansion game: 

lmbeaten.jpg.9724168f604acf9e890b34e175d7ecb6.jpg

lmbeaten2.jpg.40e1373ab4941bf44092585937f73129.jpg

Show a complete series of scary movies/video games:

chuckybluray.jpg.741e924bed2742b7c8bed4e4a77a352d.jpg

regccollection.jpg.7978a050d26d7cccaab8e7fc395c673f.jpg

Watch a scary movie and write up a review about it:

Halloween (2018)

halloweenbluray.jpg.fd385979b72c09b92e0c9cdb71ab5def.jpg

After watching some disappointing sequels (Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers and Halloween: Resurrection), a decent Rob Zombie remake and a terrible Rob Zombie sequel, I was excited about the new Halloween movie and reading that it was a follow-up to the original John Carpenter film rather than the Rob Zombie remakes. While I somewhat enjoyed Halloween H20, I was extremely disappointed that Laurie Strode was killed off in Resurrection. So, I was glad that this movie ignored the sequels. I watched it at a Galaxy Cinemas Theater, and I was glad that Laurie was still alive. I was also happy that Nick Castle reprised his role as Michael Myers, even if it was only in one scene. The occasional jump scare was pleasing as well, such as when Michael Myers shatters the glass on Laurie's door and grabs her by the neck (that scene definitely scared a few people in the Theater). I bought the movie on Blu-Ray in early 2019, and have watched it on that format every year since. It is slightly disappointing that it ignores the original Halloween II, since that movie begins right where the original left off and Dr. Loomis is one of my favorite characters in the series. But that's just a minor thing, and Halloween II honestly isn't that great. Can't wait for Halloween Kills to come out on Blu-Ray!

Rating: 9/10

Playthrough a Splatterhouse game: 

splatterhousefamicomscreen1.jpg.3665d1b40165df3c3aebfa7eb533075e.jpg

splatterhousefamicomscreen2.jpg.ce80192288529df1308d4b6e16fa628c.jpg

Show us your pumpkins: 

2021pumpkin.jpg.6736cf72c5e839d2af9ef3acbae37f08.jpg

Show us your favorite Halloween decorations: 

halloweendecoration.jpg.e287e3423557e06a34777a8bb93afe5c.jpg

Create a spooky video game character: 

spookytheghost.jpg.999ed88513bf5e9afa7b4ec29cfc64b5.jpg

This is Spooky, the lost Pac-Man ghost. He was originally suppose to be in the original Pac-Man game, but was rejected due to the limitations of early Arcade and console games making it difficult to distinguish himself from Clyde. He was briefly considered to be included in Pac-Man World 2, since the PS2, GameCube, and Xbox have the technology to make characters look different and display a wide range of emotions. But he was rejected again because the creators of Pac-Man World 2 wanted a ghost king instead, also named Spooky. He's like Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde, but more aggressive and menacing.

Beat a game based on a horror movie: 

ghostbustersswitch.jpg.724aac6c03c8c304cfafc42ebde9e815.jpg

Show us your favorite Autumn Drink:

grapesoda.jpg.d4b6ed90123b0bd755b1adc6dff93f2d.jpg

Plain water and Sprite are what I usually drink, but Grape Soda is my drink of choice during the Autumn/Fall.

Post a photo in the "headshots" thread of you in a Halloween costume:

michaelmyersmask.jpg.284629b1d6b594a0a81549283b67caae.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Show us your pet dressed up for Halloween

Here's my chi Ponyo wearing his sombrero for Halloween. I told him adopting a stereotypical ethnographic icon as a Halloween costume is cultural appropriation and he told me to shut up, he's from Chihuahua so he's gonna wear his cool sombrero to celebrate Halloween. 

XBdKSG2.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

20211019_101421.thumb.jpg.541faafaaffb2f074f9acd1b5db42810.jpg

This year's punkins!

Favorite seasonal beverage, beer!

20211030_185910.thumb.jpg.eaae279d6f649532cf9e4e6914bc16d0.jpg

I like a heavier style this time of year and this one fit the season.

Pet costume!

20211031_182307.thumb.jpg.6abc88d83a0c4b5e7ba40c96058c3993.jpg

It's cookie's birthday and she is dressed as a taco cat.

Favorite decoration:

20211031_182234.thumb.jpg.b0ccff11dd576d4b56b2450a13c262b4.jpg

Mandy made this cute lil ghost 👻

Series of games:

Might not count but this is the best I could do

20211031_183039.jpg.a151d13111d6aea3c4b10cbdef1a74d3.jpg

Scary movie write up:

Red dragon - Mandy had read the book and wanted to watch the movie. It had been quite a while since I saw it. A prequel to silence of the lambs, the film version was released after and introduces charecter Hannibal Lecter, a cannibal. It shows Lecters life before capture and how his status in society kept eyes off him from suspicion of such killings.

Costume: I posted in mugshots but here it is again woah

spacer.png

20211031_191523.thumb.jpg.bc1d379d1e148895eaaddf750d0b964a.jpg

Wayne but old and with eye problems

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 4

Administrator · Posted

Well, I made my rendition of an enemy from the NES game Faxanadu that always creeped me out for some reason when I was younger.  It was a weird creature that had no arms and legs, but slid around on his snake body with predator head type thing.  Anyway, here is my rendition of him! haha. 

Pen, Sharpie, Post-it Note ha:
faxemy1.png

oh, here is the one from the game:
faxrealenemy.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
14 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Well, I made my rendition of an enemy from the NES game Faxanadu that always creeped me out for some reason when I was younger.  It was a weird creature that had no arms and legs, but slid around on his snake body with predator head type thing.  Anyway, here is my rendition of him! haha. 

Pen, Sharpie, Post-it Note ha:
faxemy1.png

oh, here is the one from the game:
faxrealenemy.png

hmmmm, i like it, but did u create him? ......

Administrator · Posted

Fine then!  Here was the first one I made but I trashed it cause I didn't like it very much haha!

His name is Gobbler and he walks after you like a zombie, but if you don't get away fast enough, he eats you.

Also, his arms lunge out and grab you and pull you in, so you have to keep a distance.gobbler.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, spacepup said:

Fine then!  Here was the first one I made but I trashed it cause I didn't like it very much haha!

His name is Gobbler and he walks after you like a zombie, but if you don't get away fast enough, he eats you.

Also, his arms lunge out and grab you and pull you in, so you have to keep a distance.gobbler.png

That's a good boi!  **good boi doggy voice**

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

@BattySalem's and my pet Dakota dressed up as the wolf dressed up as Granny from Little Red Riding Hood during our trip to the pumpkin patch:

received_550969106324516.thumb.jpeg.ebc42bda36169041e792f7e92a5f1b7e.jpeg

received_4106602389468522.thumb.jpeg.9ad301a7fdd6fdde3234154c9f44b22b.jpeg

**To Note**  These all must be from this year, and after the posting, but let's just hope we all assumed this 

:classic_sad:

Love the dog though......... ❤️ 

Ok, here is my Newest Favorite Sp00000-ooooky Game that I recently got into by winning the disc in an auction for ~ $7.  

¡WOLFCHILD!  For Sega CD!!  There are versions on SNES / Genesis as well but the Sega CD version has the most Kick-Ass music / Sound FX by far.  2nd Level music reminds me of one of my Swayzak Records.  The first time I got into playing this I couldn't help but AAAWHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  along with the hero at the top of my lungs every time he turned into a werewolf, which is frequently ( I may have been drinking at the time... and can only imagine what my buddy's neighbors were thinking) but it was just too much fun not to do it!  So basically its a Run N Gun Platform Action Game and the Hero's run animation looks Ultra Cool.  It makes me think just a little of the way Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) has furiously running legs and ever still torso.  Wolfchild moves his arms but he's got a similar rigid kind of gate.  My first serious go I made it to the boss of Level 4 out of 9.  Maybe I'll change my mind at some point but it seemed a rather unforgiving boss, so I'm figuring the later levels will not be short on challenge.  So there you have it, a partial revue of sorts; Play Wolfchild!  AAWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by PII
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, PII said:

Ok, here is my Newest Favorite Sp00000-ooooky Game that I recently got into by winning the disc in an auction for ~ $7.  

¡WOLFCHILD!  For Sega CD!!  There are versions on SNES / Genesis as well but the Sega CD version has the most Kick-Ass music / Sound FX by far.  The first time I got into playing this I couldn't help but AAAWHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  along with the hero at the top of my lungs every time he turned into a werewolf, which is frequently ( I may have been drinking at the time... and can only imagine what my buddy's neighbors were thinking) but it was just too much fun not to do it!  So basically its a Run N Gun Platform Action Game and the Hero's run animation looks Ultra Cool.  It makes me think just a little of the way Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) has furiously running legs and ever still torso.  My first serious go I made it to the boss of Level 4 out of 9.  Maybe I'll change my mind at some point but it seemed a rather unforgiving boss, so I'm figuring the later levels will not be short on challenge.  So there you have it, a partial revue of sorts; Play Wolfchild!  AAWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Is this for the BLOG post one?  lol, im not gonna lie, imagining a projectile vominting cat howling like a wolf made me laugh so much I wanna count it!  Any objections to this after you all think about the image above 😆.  If we get a no @PII you will have to post this in a blog here on the VGS site 😉  

its pretty simple though, just copy it all over haha