IGNORED

Nes Variants - Oval Seal

Hollywoodcaddy

Hello variant collectors...I'll keep it short...on an Oval Seal game, the oval seal has a TM or an R at the bottom right of the seal...some games only have the oval TM variant...some games only have the oval R variant...some games have both Oval TM an R variants...

What I'm looking for is if anyone knows of or has a list of known oval seal games that fell into that small window of not having the TM or R...see what I'm saying, there is just an oval seal, no TM or R...the most common game that has this I would guess is Snakes Revenge, so does anyone have more knowledge on this particular subject? And I am only asking about the loose carts....no boxes 😆

This is a really tough one.

I have a list that is as complete as can be, but every few months I find new variants that are pretty tough or are just easily missed.

The thing is, I can't outright share that list since its highly valuable information right now. I do have a small sampler in my blog roll, but it's only the first hundred titles.

My list has...

• 166 Circle CIB's, and 2 Games with no boxes ever made.
  • 200 Oval™ CIBs, 28 cartridges with no known boxes, 3 boxes with no known carts, and 3 games with no boxes ever made.
  • 418 Oval® CIBs, 61 cartridges with no known boxes, 4 games with no boxes ever made.
  • There is also only 1 game where there is no known Oval® box, and no known Oval™ cartridge. The Last Starfighter.

The "Games with no boxes ever made" are...

1. Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
  2. Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet
  3. World Class Track Meet
  4. Super Spike V'Ball / Nintendo World Cup

There are also 8 Games where there is a Circle release, and an Oval® release but to my knowledge have no known Oval™ release.

1. Ghosts 'n Goblins
  2. 1943: The Battle of Midway
  3. Rygar
  4. Solomon's Key
  5. Commando
  6. Mega Man
  7. Side Pocket
  8. Zanac

To *loosely* answer your question though.

I have 484 Oval®'s and 231 Oval™'s

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, ThePhleo said:

This is a really tough one.

I have a list that is as complete as can be, but every few months I find new variants that are pretty tough or are just easily missed.

The thing is, I can't outright share that list since its highly valuable information right now. I do have a small sampler in my blog roll, but it's only the first hundred titles.

My list has...

• 166 Circle CIB's, and 2 Games with no boxes ever made.
  • 200 Oval™ CIBs, 28 cartridges with no known boxes, 3 boxes with no known carts, and 3 games with no boxes ever made.
  • 418 Oval® CIBs, 61 cartridges with no known boxes, 4 games with no boxes ever made.
  • There is also only 1 game where there is no known Oval® box, and no known Oval™ cartridge. The Last Starfighter.

The "Games with no boxes ever made" are...

1. Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
  2. Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet
  3. World Class Track Meet
  4. Super Spike V'Ball / Nintendo World Cup

There are also 8 Games where there is a Circle release, and an Oval® release but to my knowledge have no known Oval™ release.

1. Ghosts 'n Goblins
  2. 1943: The Battle of Midway
  3. Rygar
  4. Solomon's Key
  5. Commando
  6. Mega Man
  7. Side Pocket
  8. Zanac

To *loosely* answer your question though.

I have 484 Oval®'s and 231 Oval™'s

Dang.. that was pretty good...just roughly looking through my list those numbers are pretty close...how many Oval seal loose games without a TM or R do you have on your list?!!! 😁