IGNORED

Movie Debate #93: The Sixth Sense

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.

Events Team · Posted

It's ok.  I originally didn't see it when it first came out and I saw The Others first which has basically the same reveal.  After that the plot was spoiled and I'll always se The Others as the superior movie. 

As far as M Night's movies go, the Unbreakable trilogy are his three best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

9/10. Great movie with a nice foreboding atmosphere. One of the few movies where a child co-star actually carries his weight. I think the first rewatch is also a lot of fun just because everything seems so damn obvious. Shyamalan's best movie by a wide margin.

Yeah, I agree that it is cool to do a 2nd watch to see how the twist worked... enjoyable in a different way. I also liked the atmosphere in that movie.

There's a related Mandela Effect from Scary Movie where people remember Marlon Wayans saying "I see white people" instead of "I see dead people". Which do you guys remember?

The Sixth Sense probably needs a rewatch for me to rate it. I remember the twist and that's about it. I'm not even sure if I've ever watched the whole thing from beginning to end.

As I mentioned earlier, I didn't care for it, but for those who did, I'm surprised most have said that it didn't have much rewatch value.  If you enjoyed the movie, I would think you would want to rewatch it to look for the hints throughout the movie.  When it comes to movies with great twists, I tend to want to watch them again.  This particular movie just didn't work for me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

As I mentioned earlier, I didn't care for it, but for those who did, I'm surprised most have said that it didn't have much rewatch value.  If you enjoyed the movie, I would think you would want to rewatch it to look for the hints throughout the movie.  When it comes to movies with great twists, I tend to want to watch them again.  This particular movie just didn't work for me.  

I think the first rewatch is great. It gets a bit less enjoyable on repeat viewings after that, although from a purely filmmaking perspective, there's a lot to appreciate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

It gets a bit less enjoyable on repeat viewings after that,

Oh, I don't doubt that one bit.  I was just surprised how many people who viewed the movie favorably were happy with only a single viewing.  

As a comparison, The Prestige was the first movie I ever watched, where I wanted to start the movie over and watch it again the very second it was over.  

On 10/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, mbd39 said:

There's a related Mandela Effect from Scary Movie where people remember Marlon Wayans saying "I see white people" instead of "I see dead people". Which do you guys remember?

The Sixth Sense probably needs a rewatch for me to rate it. I remember the twist and that's about it. I'm not even sure if I've ever watched the whole thing from beginning to end.

I couldn’t find the Scary Movie line. The only clip I was able to find was from Undercover Brother. 

Edited by themisfit138
  • Like 1