IGNORED

Sharedata Chiller NES Advertisement

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Try to find a long thread where fcgamer aka TRM is featured predominantly that doesn't end that way.... seriously search VGS, NA, Digital Press...

Nah, it's you dude. Enough with the cheap shots and dick moves, we aren't playing werewolf here so there's honestly no need for it.

For stuff as this cartridge, it's worth looking at every lead, examining every detail, be it big or small. Yes, chip scrubbing is relevant. And oddly enough, you then made a comparison to chip scrubbing in arcade machine PCBs, is that exactly the same as me making comparisons between the NES 72 pin unlicensed market and the 60 pin famicom unlicensed market?

It's the same exact thing, though at least in my case, the games ShareData was making were referred to as Famicompatible.

I get it, you don't want the game to "count" as you'd never be able to finish your full set or whatever, but for the rest of us, we are just trying to gather information to paint a more accurate picture of this company, as well as the ShareData Chiller carts, no matter what conclusions are ultimately drawn.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

How long was Action 52 sold by mail order, because there are THOUSANDS of copies out there.

No way in high holy hell did this game sell via full page ad in GAMEPRO for FOUR SOLID MONTHS and only result in five known copies.  No f'n way.   I know how strongly you want to believe in this, Dave, but sorry, no f'n way....

How many of the Action 52 carts were offloaded overseas?  I got mine from Hakan (sp), who had tons of them.  There were several other people in Europe that had a bunch too.  Likely they sold extremely poorly, and then the inventory was liquidated.  I even recall someone ( @NationalGameDepot IIRC) who interviewed a guy from Active Enterprises that was completely dumbfounded that the carts even saw the light of day.  Irrelevant to my pursuits, but someone may wanna check in on that.  Regardless, the number of available Action 52 carts is in no way indicative of how many ShareData Chiller carts are out there.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

You're not helping either dude.  You can't toss fuel on the fire and then blame the fire for burning.

Without confirmation from past sellers, we have no way of validating any of that.  It doesn't prove or disprove anything.  The only ones we can consider are the ones who's provenance can be determined.  And the only copies to have any sort of provenance are @Ferris Bueller's cart, and @NESWORLD's cart.  The rest, unless someone chimes in, could have come from anywhere.  Also, who's to say the random eBay sellers weren't former Color Dreams employees as well?  Or ShareData employees for that matter?  While your recollections are interesting, they're simply conjecture, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh I totally agree with this, my point is that one, maybe two (from my recollections) have unknown provenance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

That should be taken into consideration, but at least one cart was obtained from a random eBay auction, possibly two (I seem to recall seeing a second one sell by itself at auction back in the day as well).

Okay that is some funny-ass hypocritcal shit: you won't count the interview of an actual former employee of the company because there's no source of proof, but then you put forth your own fuzzy wuzzy memory for us to consider... HAAAAA!!!!

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Okay that is some funny-ass hypocritcal shit: you won't count the interview of an actual former employee of the company because there's no source of proof, but then you put forth your own fuzzy wuzzy memory for us to consider... HAAAAA!!!!

Dude, he literally JUST RESPONDED to my reply stating the same thing (in a far more civil manner) and agreed with that point.  Read the whole thread before slinging mud man.

EDIT: Better yet, don't sling the mud.  It does nothing except make you look bad.

Edited by the_wizard_666
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The interview source you keep referencing is actually an article written by the author of NES World, who even mentioned that the guy he spoke with before writing his article had left the company by Febs of 1990, right before the time that what we are interested in occurred.

For the ebay auctions, surely you can find them on Go Collect's NA archive without much trouble, you've already shown your elite skills earlier.

5 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Nah, it's you dude. Enough with the cheap shots and dick moves, we aren't playing werewolf here so there's honestly no need for it.

You start a fire in the living room and then blame the other guy for burning down the house?!?  Nice...

Anyway, you two keep on postulating all you will and circle those wagons real tight...

Mike:  Full page ad in GamePro for FOUR MONTHS... net result: THREE carts found that aren't directly from company hands... Come on, dude - you're better than this!!!

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Dude, he literally JUST RESPONDED to my reply stating the same thing (in a far more civil manner) and agreed with that point.  Read the whole thread before slinging mud man.

I don't think you understand that while people are typing, multiple other posts are being added that are unread since the thread is growing so fast.... man, people in glass houses...

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Mike:  Full page ad in GamePro for FOUR MONTHS... net result: THREE carts found that aren't directly from company hands... Come on, dude - you're better than this!!!

I'd like to say you are too, but I know you faaaaaar too well for that 😄

But let's be real - this thread has more or less morphed to a Sharedata/AGCI info pool at this point.  Chiller is a good chunk of it, but I think we've more or less moved on from the "is it or isn't it retail" question for the time being.  So you're basically the only one posting useless stuff in a consistent manner.  I have yet to see a post from you that actually contributes something to the discussion.  You just keep coming in, tossing insults, slagging any opinion that doesn't line up with yours, and just generally being a dick.  I love you like family man, but your posts are what's making this thread cringe-worthy, not @fcgamer.  Some of his posts may be irrelevant, but ALL of yours have been too.  He's at least providing something to discuss, or at least leads to follow.  Which really makes me wonder why you're posting at all? 

I don't think you understand that while people are typing, multiple other posts are being added that are unread since the thread is growing so fast.... man, people in glass houses...

I get that, but the fact that I typed out my reply long before you would've made yours means either you're extremely slow to type, or are just trying to pump your post count by not using the multi-quote functionality that I earlier taught you how to use 😉

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I get that, but the fact that I typed out my reply long before you would've made yours means either you're extremely slow to type, or are just trying to pump your post count by not using the multi-quote functionality that I earlier taught you how to use 😉

I knew how to multiquote, just not using quotes from different pages.

And much like the circumstances surrounding Sharedata Chiller, I don't think you truly understand what this thread is going to be remembered for...

1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

@Dr. MorbisTotally unrelated, but are you going for a NES full set? Just curious 🙂

Yeah, I'm going full set CIB, missing 7:

-Power Blade 2
-Little Samson
-3 Panesians
-Myriad 6 in 1
-Stadium Events

I assume you're going for a full set of every non-US fami-compatible cartridge ever made? 🙂

I knew how to multiquote, just not using quotes from different pages.

And much like the circumstances surrounding Sharedata Chiller, I don't think you truly understand what this thread is going to be remembered for...

It'll be remembered for your shitting all over the thread, that's for sure 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

You just keep coming in, tossing insults, slagging any opinion that doesn't line up with yours, and just generally being a dick.  I love you like family man, but your posts are what's making this thread cringe-worthy, not @fcgamer.  Some of his posts may be irrelevant, but ALL of yours have been too

Wrong: if I wasn't posting in this thread, ThePhleo would already have this game on his release list.  There was nobody out there to discredit that ad.  When I first popped my head in here it was a massive circle-jerk of NES dudes salivating over a thirty year old ad as proof of the game's legitimate release.  Because of me, there are only two people left on the planet who are so wrong about that: you and Dave.  I'll quit defending the truth when there is no one left to defend it against... 🙂

3 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

It'll be remembered for your shitting all over the thread, that's for sure 😄

You and Dave are the ones who have been doing all the shitting.  If you two hadn't ever posted in this thread, it would have ended on like page 4 with everyone understanding with about 99.9% certainty that this version of the game is unreleased!

PS - who's the one who's making all his posts personal of late (go back and re-read, I'll wait...)   🙂

• The topic was locked