IGNORED

You can delete 1 character in the latest Smash game. Who is it?

Nintegageo

At this rate given how B-team level and also because it's really a Sony character since Kingdom Hearts hasn't been a Nintendo console game, nor one that started there, I'd kick out Sora.

They could have gone in a lot of directions sticking to their own published works but pulled that strange card to end on just seems dumb.  There are franchises they rake money in on from millions of people globally with not a shred of coverage from the current Dragalia Lost to the somewhat older (GBA/DS) era Golden Sun.  There were some solid options, they went to go suckle the mouse.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

At this rate given how B-team level and also because it's really a Sony character since Kingdom Hearts hasn't been a Nintendo console game, nor one that started there, I'd kick out Sora.

They could have gone in a lot of directions sticking to their own published works but pulled that strange card to end on just seems dumb.  There are franchises they rake money in on from millions of people globally with not a shred of coverage from the current Dragalia Lost to the somewhat older (GBA/DS) era Golden Sun.  There were some solid options, they went to go suckle the mouse.

I wish they had ended with Waluigi. Give the people what they want! They had all the other alt characters like Daisy. Poor dude deservers to be in it after all this time.

• Like 1

@Shmup Good point.  Not really for or against that character as I never really cared about it, but on large it's popular and always seems to get very screwed when it comes to support.  Luigi always moans about being a second fiddle, Waluigi is like the kid using a milk carton and some fishing line as far as any level of 'fiddle' goes -- no respect.

• Agree 1

In all seriousness, though... I think it's great that they added the really classic video game characters like Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man, Simon Belmont, etc. But I certainly wouldn't mind seeing any of the dozens of obscure, secondary characters go, like the bunch from Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc.

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
On 10/19/2021 at 11:44 AM, cj_robot said:

Mario

Jokes aside, I wonder how many people actually choose to play Super Smash Brothers as Mario (consistently, that is).

Mario is a cool franchise, but a relatively boring character when you think about it.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 10/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, CasualCart said:

Jokes aside, I wonder how many people actually choose to play Super Smash Brothers as Mario (consistently, that is).

Mario is a cool franchise, but a relatively boring character when you think about it.

-CasualCart

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/8343-which-of-the-original-super-smash-bros-characters-is-your

seems to support Mario in Smash is not a big favorite.

• Agree 1

I'm going into the next Smash Bros. game with the assumption that most of the guest fighters will be gone, so I'll just be picking from the main Nintendo cast. I'm also going to exclude clones from this, as I assume most of them will get the axe too.

Speaking strictly of unique fighters, I've been wanting Sheik to get the axe for ages. It made sense why she was there in Melee, but she's so unimportant to even the Zelda series, as it's not like they've ever delved into who Zelda was masquerading as. I've wanted to play as a Goron in Smash Bros. for a very long time, and the series has countless cool Gorons to choose from. They could even make the many Goron elders alternate skins like they did with Browser Jr. and the Koopalings. It'd be way cooler than playing as Zelda's roleplay persona.

Edited by Lynda Monica

On 10/18/2021 at 10:28 PM, Brickman said:

I wish they had ended with Waluigi. Give the people what they want! They had all the other alt characters like Daisy. Poor dude deservers to be in it after all this time.

Hold up… I’m not at all a Smash guy and I’m not even sure why I’m in this thread, but you mean to tell me that even with 587 selectable options a gimme like Waluigi isn’t even in the game?!

That’s straight up criminal, and I don’t even like the guy!