IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - R.C. PRO AM II

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@NESfiend those two might represent the most nostalgic from their respective consoles. Mm6 is knocking at the door though (Christmas present).

i love the nes mm series. I used to say SMB3 if allowed only one game but I think mm3 has taken the reigns.

its a testament to how good chrono trigger is. I never played an rpg before that and never was able to get into another one after that besides ff tactics.

MM2 is best. 

YOpORoA.gif

Also, congratulations on your upcoming spawn!

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@8bitdontquit if I have another girl I’ll really be outnumbered!

Still blows my mind you know the sex is written on a piece of paper at the dr office and can resist the urge to view it. And thats purely from a curiosity perspective. Add in painting walls, buying clothes, gear etc., skinny got guts

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Still blows my mind you know the sex is written on a piece of paper at the dr office and can resist the urge to view it. And thats purely from a curiosity perspective. Add in painting walls, buying clothes, gear etc., skinny got guts

One of the true surprises in life 🙂 but my wife is going crazy lol!

you know mm4 is one of my favorites in the series. It doesn’t get much love but it’s high up on the nostalgia list for me too.

One of the true surprises in life 🙂 but my wife is going crazy lol!

you know mm4 is one of my favorites in the series. It doesn’t get much love but it’s high up on the nostalgia list for me too.

We know the gender and my wife is going crazy, so thats probably unavoidable regardless. We are due jan 6, so Im really hoping birth doesnt fall right on the due date. 

Charging up tbe cannon was a monster improvement in the mm series. I like mm2 just fine, but it kind of blows my mind so many like it best when it doesn't have that feature

31 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

We know the gender and my wife is going crazy, so thats probably unavoidable regardless. We are due jan 6, so Im really hoping birth doesnt fall right on the due date. 

Charging up tbe cannon was a monster improvement in the mm series. I like mm2 just fine, but it kind of blows my mind so many like it best when it doesn't have that feature

Congrats to you and your wife 🙂

lol the charge shot is something that I don’t like actually. I think that’s what splits the series between gamers. I like laying down some fire with the p.buster! But I still really like 4 me and a friend used to rent it a lot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I wholeheartedly disagree.  I feel that the charged up arm cannon is the worst thing that ever happened to the series.  It changes the pace of the games from a true run-n-gun to a "sit patiently and wait for your gun to charge up so you can kill this enemy" which, of course, means the designers put in a bunch of tougher enemies that emphasize this "feature."  Furthermore, it diminishes the rock-paper-scissors aspect of trying to figure out the best weapon to use on each boss, since the charge-up becomes a defacto boss killer in the absence of having the proper weapon.

I do like the slide feature that was introduced later, but the charge-up sucks so much that I find myself only ever going back to the Mega Man titles that were released before this lame-ass feature was implemented.  But to each his own, I guess... 🙂

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I wholeheartedly disagree.  I feel that the charged up arm cannon is the worst thing that ever happened to the series.  It changes the pace of the games from a true run-n-gun to a "sit patiently and wait for your gun to charge up so you can kill this enemy" which, of course, means the designers put in a bunch of tougher enemies that emphasize this "feature."  Furthermore, it diminishes the rock-paper-scissors aspect of trying to figure out the best weapon to use on each boss, since the charge-up becomes a defacto boss killer in the absence of having the proper weapon.

I do like the slide feature that was introduced later, but the charge-up sucks so much that I find myself only ever going back to the Mega Man titles that were released before this lame-ass feature was implemented.  But to each his own, I guess... 🙂

Yeah, but it looks really cool and makes a cool sound. Lol, I do like being able to fight all the bosses with it. And thats still more challenging than using whatever weapon destroys them in 3 or 4 hits. Nor will you hear me complain it makes those games easier overall

Edited by NESfiend

@BeaIank I don't know if it necessarily matters for this particular week's game, but I don't think glitched screenshots like @docile tapeworm's should count in the future; the screenshot says he continued 44 times (impossible and against the rules of this weeks compo), so if that number can be that far off the mark, how confident can we really be about the number that's showing for his score???

• Like 2

Saw your update @PII - nicely done!!! Well earned win. What was your buying strategy? I was going in the following order mostly.

Silver motor

Scoopers

Missiles

Gold motor

I kept trying to alter that to work in the 30k motor, but I think that just got in the way of progress. I should have been reviewing video of track 22 and figuring out how to survive it. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@BeaIank I don't know if it necessarily matters for this particular week's game, but I don't think glitched screenshots like @docile tapeworm's should count in the future; the screenshot says he continued 44 times (impossible and against the rules of this weeks compo), so if that number can be that far off the mark, how confident can we really be about the number that's showing for his score???

I’ll gladly drop my score this week to be fair. I was just participating.

Edited by docile tapeworm

15 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Saw your update @PII - nicely done!!! Well earned win. What was your buying strategy? I was going in the following order mostly.

Silver motor

Scoopers

Missiles

Gold motor

I kept trying to alter that to work in the 30k motor, but I think that just got in the way of progress. I should have been reviewing video of track 22 and figuring out how to survive it. 

Thank you, and congrats to you for taking the genre!  

My order:

"Skinny's"

Gold Motor

Scoopers or Dynafit

Missiles

(occasional Nitro)

Hyper Motor

Only managed to get that Hyper Motor on my last run...

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned