IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - R.C. PRO AM II

BeaIank

On 10/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, mbd39 said:

I tried maybe 10 times and can't even beat the second race.

My guess is difficulty with turning controls. Remember they are very sensitive. When you tap left or right to turn, for most turns you wont press dpad for much longer/harder than you would tap b to shoot a single shot in a shooter 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, PII said:

Unless I'm mistaken the initial short lived screen after my last race showed me having a score of 199 while the High Score Screen shows 192.  None of the game-controlled racers has 199 on the High Score Screen and I'm certain I saw 199.  Unless I'm cracking up from too much gaming today I think there is a discrepancy there.

192 track 24.png

Ok. I played a game on my original cart and looked for this. Couple things here. 1. All the scores  on the high score screen are default scores. You can see same top 2 scores and names on every score posted here. I dont think bot scores show on the leaderboard. 2. It initially shows your point total on screen, but that doesnt include the last race. I noticed that on powerpak and original cart. It added 4 points on the leaderboard for the race I lost. 

Events Team · Posted

One of the reasons I have been slow at updating scoreboards around here:

I have been working hard to build and strengthen the women's FGC scene around here in Brazil and across the world.
A Brazilian gaming news site decided they had to interview me about that.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, BeaIank said:

One of the reasons I have been slow at updating scoreboards around here:

I have been working hard to build and strengthen the women's FGC scene around here in Brazil and across the world.
A Brazilian gaming news site decided they had to interview me about that.

https://thesquad-com-br.translate.goog/yes-we-can-e-a-comunidade-feminina-de-jogos-de-luta/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui

For those too lazy to pop over to Google themselves, here's the Translate Web version in English.  Awesome work @BeaIank, that definitely takes precedence over a friendly tourney here.  Besides, we have @docile tapeworm to keep us updated with his unofficial boards until you have a few minutes 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

He's spending all his time practicing Galaga to try and prevent the forth-coming ass-whooping that he knows is coming down the pipe next week... 😉

i havent been playing galaga get outta here! 

i have a personal goal for galaga and ill be happy if i reach that! we all know who the real shooter champ is and it aint the fella with two 4th place finishes!!!

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Dude, do you play in a closet?  Surely your wife's gotta give you a little more space than that!  😛

It’s not a “game room” It’s more like a “game corner” soon to be completely gone though as of January 26th another baby tapeworm enters the world and will need this room 🙂 

379AFDD9-6A12-41A8-A7A4-FA186B97B10B.jpeg

55A8E56B-8EDB-442B-8FAC-2637B8F6A749.jpeg

EA653124-31EB-4C7E-B6BD-46C37F912E08.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

It’s not a “game room” It’s more like a “game corner” soon to be completely gone though as of January 26th another baby tapeworm enters the world and will need this room 🙂 

379AFDD9-6A12-41A8-A7A4-FA186B97B10B.jpeg

55A8E56B-8EDB-442B-8FAC-2637B8F6A749.jpeg

EA653124-31EB-4C7E-B6BD-46C37F912E08.jpeg

So where is Daddy tapeworm gonna set up his CRT for NES gaming after war monger baby conquers his current territory?

• Like 1

@NESfiend those two might represent the most nostalgic from their respective consoles. Mm6 is knocking at the door though (Christmas present).

i love the nes mm series. I used to say SMB3 if allowed only one game but I think mm3 has taken the reigns.

its a testament to how good chrono trigger is. I never played an rpg before that and never was able to get into another one after that besides ff tactics.

47 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@NESfiend those two might represent the most nostalgic from their respective consoles. Mm6 is knocking at the door though (Christmas present).

i love the nes mm series. I used to say SMB3 if allowed only one game but I think mm3 has taken the reigns.

its a testament to how good chrono trigger is. I never played an rpg before that and never was able to get into another one after that besides ff tactics.

I never had a mega man game as a kid, but I rented the crap out of them and 3 was the first I was way into. 4 prob my favorite, but 3 most nostalgic 

My little brother is a huge chrono fan and got me a cart for xmas a few years back. It lives up. Earthbound does too. Those and ff2, the elite snes rpg group in my mind. 

• Like 1