IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - R.C. PRO AM II

BeaIank

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Here is some additional motivation for the sunday quitters who come back every Tuesday. If you disconnect from port 1 and plug into port 2, you can race as the blue car. Provides no in game advantage, but the powder blue looks way cooler, obviously

20211017_174220.jpg

That sounds like a lot more work than I care to put into this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Here is some additional motivation for the sunday quitters who come back every Tuesday. If you disconnect from port 1 and plug into port 2, you can race as the blue car. Provides no in game advantage, but the powder blue looks way cooler, obviously

If you manage to beat my score, that might be enough motivation for me to play again.

26 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's still not higher than my score, so I'll keep waiting.

Lol whoops. Level 14 somehow went to 114 pts in my head. Ill get a score that beats yours up before too long. You may as well start practicing. Im determined to beat you on the day that the bengals mangled the lions

Edit: fixed photo to now include a score higher than yours. Game still going

Edited by NESfiend

192       228

Unless I'm mistaken the initial short lived screen after my last race showed me having a score of 199 while the High Score Screen shows 192.  None of the game-controlled racers has 199 on the High Score Screen and I'm certain I saw 199.  Unless I'm cracking up from too much gaming today I think there is a discrepancy there.

228.png

Edited by PII

1 hour ago, PII said:

Unless I'm mistaken the initial short lived screen after my last race showed me having a score of 199 while the High Score Screen shows 192.  None of the game-controlled racers has 199 on the High Score Screen and I'm certain I saw 199.  Unless I'm cracking up from too much gaming today I think there is a discrepancy there.

192 track 24.png

Score on page 1 - Just finished a game and watched for that because I had seen your post. It was the same for me on both screens. Im on power pak. Good excuse to pull my actual cart and make sure its no different on that. Ill do that tomorrow night 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Score on page 1 - Just finished a game and watched for that because I had seen your post. It was the same for me on both screens. Im on power pak. Good excuse to pull my actual cart and make sure its no different on that. Ill do that tomorrow night 

Your score should be safe. I could probably hit 150, but I doubt that I'd be able to break 200. Great score!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Your score should be safe. I could probably hit 150, but I doubt that I'd be able to break 200. Great score!

May be safe from you, but Im sure lemon mirange isnt done yet. Took a little time to figure out a 1 life buying strategy. Ive always aimed to complete the game which meant a lot of holding out for the best equipment. 1 life/total points is a different challenge there and actually makes it more fun because it forces you to upgrade earlier in the game. I also incorporated weaponry a lot sooner than usual which also made it more fun

35 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

May be safe from you, but Im sure lemon mirange isnt done yet. Took a little time to figure out a 1 life buying strategy. Ive always aimed to complete the game which meant a lot of holding out for the best equipment. 1 life/total points is a different challenge there and actually makes it more fun because it forces you to upgrade earlier in the game. I also incorporated weaponry a lot sooner than usual which also made it more fun

I doubt I'd be able to do much better than 3rd based on the top two scores that are already up. If I get some time in the middle of the week, I might see if I can hit 150.