IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - R.C. PRO AM II

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, welcome!
This week we will see who will be crowned the VERY FIRST VGS NES Weekly Contest Racing champion!

Right now, the dispute has @NESfiend with 30 points and a very comfortable lead of 5 points over @PII, who has 25 points. With 22 points, @Dr. Morbis has no chance to take the crown from Nesfiend, so the dispute this week is between only him and Pii

To decide this matter, the game of choice is R.C. Pro Am II. The rules are as follow:

• Player 1p only
  • Play till game over
  • You are not allowed to use continues. You ended 4th? TOUGH LUCK! You are done for.
  • You can't name your character NES in order to start with $5000 before race 1.
  • Take your picture at the highscore screen
  • The player with the highest amount of points win
  • Genre: Racing

Pedal to the metal, ladies and gentlemen.

29_RCProAmII_Sage.png.41b03375b9bd46afd9

The contest ends Sunday, 10/24/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

12 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Welcome, welcome!
This week we will see who will be crowned the VERY FIRST VGS NES Weekly Contest Racing champion!

Right now, the dispute has @NESfiend with 30 points and a very comfortable lead of 5 points over @PII, who has 25 points. With 22 points, @Dr. Morbis has no chance to take the crown from Nesfiend, so the dispute this week is between only him and Pii

To decide this matter, the game of choice is R.C. Pro Am II. The rules are as follow:

• Player 1p only
  • Play till game over
  • Take your picture at the highscore screen
  • The player with the highest amount of points win
  • Genre: Racing

Pedal to the metal, ladies and gentlemen.

29_RCProAmII_Sage.png.41b03375b9bd46afd9

The contest ends Sunday, 10/24/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

Does "play until game over" mean use the continues or are we just playing one life?

7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Participation score?! This is the best game on the schedule! Great ruleset, Bea. Had been wondering how that would look and it appears ideal in my eyes

I'm okay at this. I'm probably better off if we aren't using continues since I can win most of the early races.

9 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

End 4th and not continue. Done.

Try doing that.  You don't get your name on the high score screen.  Thus, no score.  Anyway, that's not my style, and after beating the second race (finally), I went on a bit of a run and landed my official participation score:

IMG_20211017_143829739.thumb.jpg.06259d13c2c8c6cbe3847ea888ff84ce.jpg

And now I'm off to find something actually fun to play...

• Angry 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Lol if you are going to blow it off, at least you chose a really great game to put the time toward. I never did finish that game, but I really enjoyed the first half or so

I love 1, 4, 6, 7

This is the first time playing it, so fingers crossed its good, the leveling system is so different, but we shall see how that goes!  

Just now, Jeevan said:

I love 1, 4, 6, 7

This is the first time playing it, so fingers crossed its good, the leveling system is so different, but we shall see how that goes!  

The remakes make levelling far less of a grind than the original, and it's a pretty damn good game overall, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

• BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome! @guillavoie and I have the honour to present the 2021 VGS NES Tournament, which picks the top 16 players of the season to play among themselves to decide the 2021 VGS NES Tournament Champion.

@Dr. Morbis was already crowned the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest Champion and will have the chance to add another title to his collection should he choses to play in the tournament.
      While we wait for our top 16 players to confirm their participation and see if we will have to hunt for replacements, here are how the things will run for this tournament.
      21th to 28th - Pools, single elimination, 16 players.
      28th to 5th - top 8, single elimination, 8 players
      5th to 12th - Grand finals, 4 players, everyone against everyone.
      For Pools and Top 8, a selection of games will be given for the top seeded players to pick.
      The seeding for Pools 1 will be as follow:
      Bracket 1: 1st place vs 16th place Bracket 2: 2nd place vs 15th place Bracket 3: 3rd place vs 14th place Bracket 4: 4th place vs 13th place Bracket 5: 5th place vs 12th place Bracket 6: 6th place vs 11th place Bracket 7: 7th place vs 10th place Bracket 8: 8th place vs 9th place The seeding for top 8 will be as follow:
      Winner of bracket 1 vs winner of bracket 8 Winner of bracket 2 vs winner of bracket 7 Winner of bracket 3 vs winner of bracket 6 Winner of bracket 4 vs winner of bracket 5 The games for Pools are below:
      Pooyan (shooter)
      Challenger (plataformer)
      Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken (puzzle)
      Ninja Hattori-kun (action)
      Taito Chase H.Q. (racing)
      The games for top 8 will be revealed at the end of the Pools phase.

Confirmed players:
      @Dr. Morbis
      @Krunch
      @0xDEAFC0DE
      @docile tapeworm
      @bertsampson
      @NESfiend
      @Bearcat-Doug 
      @Jeevan
      @PII
      @the_wizard_666
      @FireHazard51
      @mbd39
      @Ausden
      @MegaMan52
      @JamesRobot
      @Mega Tank
      Good luck for all the players. Expect some nastiness in game selection for top 8 and for the grand finals.

• By BeaIank
      Welcome, fiery warriors. I hope you all are ready and up for the challenge.
      The very last challenge of the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest and that will define the one who will bear the coveted crow of the Platformer genre!
      Right now, @Dr. Morbis cannot be beaten at the Geral contest and is the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest CHAMPION! CONGRATULATIONS!
      As for the platformer genre, @Dr. Morbis leads with 28 points, but @PIIis right on his tail with 25 points. Krunch is not out of the race with 20 points.
      Without further ado, here's the rules for this very special game that ends the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest, Holy Diver!
      Only the original Famicom version (cart or rom) will be allowed Play till your first death As you are dying, be quick and take a picture to record your current magic. You can also be careful and take the picture of your magic as you are one hit from dying. If you cannot take the picture of your current magic, your magic will be considered 0 at respawn. Take your picture once you respawn If you beat the game, take the picture at the ending. Progress + highest magic at death wins Genre: Platformer Good luck warriors. You will need it.

The contest ends Sunday, 11/14/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      For this special week, we have a special game with a special set of rules to define the very special Puzzle genre champion!
      It is all so 90s! It is time for KLAX!
      This week will be a tough call for @bertsampson, who stands 2nd with 26 points against @0xDEAFC0DE33 points. He needs to win and hope that 0xDEAFC0DE scores out of the top 8.
      But enough of that! Here's what's everyone expecting! KLAX rules!
      Pick difficulty easy and ramping on Beat the 1st stage and take your picture to record your 2nd stage starting score Do your best to score as many points on stage 2. If you beat stage 2, pause the game at the start of stage 3 and take your picture. Your final score is your stage 2 score minus the stage 1 score Highest score wins Genre: Puzzle
      So rad Klax maniacs, good luck figuring the winning pattern for stage 2. We broke stage 1 to hell last time. This time you all will have to get creative!
      The contest ends Sunday, 11/07/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome, welcome!
      For this week, we have a classic of all ages to define the winner of the Shoot 'em up genre for 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest.
      @Dr. Morbis leads the shooter scoreboard with 26 points, but @docile tapeworm comes in 2nd with 21 points, with the possibility to claim the title. @bertsampsonand @NESfiend also stand a chance for taking the title with 20 points each,
      The rules for this week are below:
      1 player only Play until Game Over Highest score wins Shoot them up!

The contest ends Sunday, 10/31/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome to the last round of the Action genre in the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest, which will define who will claim the title and bring it home!
      For the Action genre run, we have @Dr. Morbis leading with 28 points, with @PII and @bertsampson tied in 2nd with 23 points. Finally @NESfiend and @mbd39are tied in 4th with 21 points. All of them have the chance to claim the title, despite the big lead Dr. Morbis sports.
      The rules for this week are as follow:
      1 life only Once you die, take your picture death screen, which stays on for a very short time, or wait till you respawn, pause the game and take your picture If you beat the final boss without dying, be quick to take a picture of him dying then pause the game when you respawn at 1-1 It is not allowed to point press at the boss door if you have flying. Once you reach the boss door, you have to go in. Highest score wins Participation: 5,000 points Genre: Arcade
      Best of luck, gentlemen and gentlewomen.
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/17/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun