IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - R.C. PRO AM II

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, welcome!
This week we will see who will be crowned the VERY FIRST VGS NES Weekly Contest Racing champion!

Right now, the dispute has @NESfiend with 30 points and a very comfortable lead of 5 points over @PII, who has 25 points. With 22 points, @Dr. Morbis has no chance to take the crown from Nesfiend, so the dispute this week is between only him and Pii

To decide this matter, the game of choice is R.C. Pro Am II. The rules are as follow:

• Player 1p only
  • Play till game over
  • You are not allowed to use continues. You ended 4th? TOUGH LUCK! You are done for.
  • You can't name your character NES in order to start with $5000 before race 1.
  • Take your picture at the highscore screen
  • The player with the highest amount of points win
  • Genre: Racing

Pedal to the metal, ladies and gentlemen.

29_RCProAmII_Sage.png.41b03375b9bd46afd9

The contest ends Sunday, 10/24/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

12 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Welcome, welcome!
This week we will see who will be crowned the VERY FIRST VGS NES Weekly Contest Racing champion!

Right now, the dispute has @NESfiend with 30 points and a very comfortable lead of 5 points over @PII, who has 25 points. With 22 points, @Dr. Morbis has no chance to take the crown from Nesfiend, so the dispute this week is between only him and Pii

To decide this matter, the game of choice is R.C. Pro Am II. The rules are as follow:

• Player 1p only
  • Play till game over
  • Take your picture at the highscore screen
  • The player with the highest amount of points win
  • Genre: Racing

Pedal to the metal, ladies and gentlemen.

29_RCProAmII_Sage.png.41b03375b9bd46afd9

The contest ends Sunday, 10/24/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

Does "play until game over" mean use the continues or are we just playing one life?

9 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

End 4th and not continue. Done.

Try doing that.  You don't get your name on the high score screen.  Thus, no score.  Anyway, that's not my style, and after beating the second race (finally), I went on a bit of a run and landed my official participation score:

IMG_20211017_143829739.thumb.jpg.06259d13c2c8c6cbe3847ea888ff84ce.jpg

And now I'm off to find something actually fun to play...

• Angry 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Lol if you are going to blow it off, at least you chose a really great game to put the time toward. I never did finish that game, but I really enjoyed the first half or so

I love 1, 4, 6, 7

This is the first time playing it, so fingers crossed its good, the leveling system is so different, but we shall see how that goes!  

Just now, Jeevan said:

I love 1, 4, 6, 7

This is the first time playing it, so fingers crossed its good, the leveling system is so different, but we shall see how that goes!  

The remakes make levelling far less of a grind than the original, and it's a pretty damn good game overall, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

• Thanks 1