IGNORED

Super Metroid- New way to beat Kraid

phart010

Just finished 98 percenting Metroid Dread.

I couldn’t get enough so I started replaying Super Metroid after not having played for years. I have watched speedruns and saw people get Super Missiles early by doing a running jump and turning into the morph ball really quickly upon landing.

Well to my surprise, I was able to perform this secret move on my first try and get the Super missiles! I thought I was just that good, so then I tried it again… actually I was just lucky, because I couldn’t do it again after like a dozen or so tries, so I just moved on.

In red Brinstar I went up instead of down and performed some precise wall jumps to get two packs of power bombs. Then I went to Kraids lair. 

When facing Kraid, my intent was to just have fun. I would not use any missiles or Super missiles, only charge shots. While I was playing around I discovered if you go real aggressive and run right into him, you will actually climb up him. I never dared to try this when I was younger because I was always too scared to get close.

Doing this you can actually murder him with missiles, kinda like you would in a quick time event in Metroid Dread. This was really fun, I will post a video soon.

If nobody has done this yet, I’m gonna Name this method “Kraid riding”

Edited by phart010
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to Super Metroid- New way to beat Kraid
45 minutes ago, Estil said:

One, the Switch Pro, and two, several hundred dollars to get it, the Pro Controller, and the software.  That's what I'm waiting for 😛 

Dude you only live once.  Just buy it now.  Sell some of your old games to get it.  I'll take that Tron Bonne off you.  That should give you just enough, no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tbone3969 said:

Dude you only live once.  Just buy it now.  Sell some of your old games to get it.  I'll take that Tron Bonne off you.  That should give you just enough, no?

Do the words sentimental value mean anything to you?  And you do know I only get SSDI right?

Edited by Estil

1 hour ago, Estil said:

One, the Switch Pro, and two, several hundred dollars to get it, the Pro Controller, and the software.  That's what I'm waiting for 😛 

Switch Pro isn't even vaporware at this point. Given that they just released the OLED Switch, they're not going to do a Pro anytime soon as it would undercut sales of their brand new revision.

nintendo_twitter_bloomberg_report_switch

Edited by Tulpa

2 hours ago, Estil said:

Yeah but isn't that OLED Switch meant for portable users?  I mean I don't reckon it offers anything extra (versus OG Switch) for home console (me) users, right?

It has twice the internal storage and an ethernet port on the dock (original just had WiFi.)

49 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

What do you want them to improve that will keep it compatible with the current Switch library? Do you have a 4k TV?

Nope, so that won't do any good either...

Well don't they need to fix some sort of warping thing for starters?  I will probably get the Switch Pro and Playstation 5 at some point but both are awfully expensive at the moment and I still got other stuff I want to do and get caught up on first.

Edited by Estil

29 minutes ago, Estil said:

Nope, so that won't do any good either...

So even though you don't need the one thing that a Pro model can provide, you basically just want better specs on paper even though it won't make the current games run any better or benefit you in any tangible way you can articulate.

Well don't they need to fix some sort of warping thing for starters? 

You mean the Joy-Con drift? Doubtful a Switch Pro will fix that.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/7/22715467/nintendo-joy-con-drift-never-fixed-switch-oled

I will probably get the Switch Pro and Playstation 5 at some point but both are awfully expensive at the moment

Actually the Switch Pro doesn't cost anything at the moment, since it doesn't exist. 😛

Edited by Tulpa

10 minutes ago, Estil said:

I meant also that warped screen thing that I think was also a problem? 

The OLED Switch has a completely redesigned screen, so it's safe to say any issues are probably resolved.

Besides, your future Switch will spend all its time in its dock, so you have nothing to worry about.

12 minutes ago, Estil said:

And there will be a Switch Pro, just be patient.

*Estil gets his Switch Pro*

*Nintendo releases brand new super console the next day*

@Estil The switch has a new screen that's glass and it has outside that this extra layer of anti-damage/glare film fused to it, technically if you were a jerk you could really dig to peel it off so Nintendo put a warning out not to be that idiot who does it.  The system's dock is future proof, does 4K, not that you (or I) care about that.  There's ethernet for a stable connection, system itself has double internal storage to 64GB.  Beyond that, the handheld screen is both OLED with its perks but also a bit larger, not big obvious larger, but it is side by side.

But like you I'm waiting on the Pro.  I know it exists because I've been told as much from my brother (as I've said enough anyway over the years who works at one of their third parties) so I mean if they've seen the hardware, been told about the hardware, could technically use the stuff given already to make games for the technically non-existent system -- I'd believe it's a matter of time.  Last interpretation I was given, the OLED is a stop gap, a band-aid, much like DMG Gameboy to Pocket, minor/moderate increase in pleasure but not a true boost (like GB to GBC was.)  The issue, they don't want to be the whipping boy Sony/MS are due to the chip shortage causing utter hell and resentment not being able to get their systems or having to resort to subhuman garbage buying and selling them at twice the price or more.  Nintendo seems to have learned their lesson on dealing with scalper twits since the NES-CE debacle.  I'd rather they wait on the Pro so they can adequately supply them.  So unless my warped, cracked, but otherwise works fine system chokes, it's not being replaced.

Also Kraid on Metroid Dread is oddly easy.  Bumbled into the dude the other night, kicked the crap out of it fast on the first attempt which shocked me because that utter pain in the ass scorpion thing that came first was far more of a threat.