IGNORED

Switch Online Pricing Announced ($50)

Code Monkey

57 minutes ago, phart010 said:

B0163E0D-D33C-42D9-88B1-DB65D1D033DA.jpeg.96fdda76df36ca416876e1a924e37498.jpeg

So does this observation trump the opinions of the grumpy old men in the thread that the Switch doesn't need, and shouldn't have integrated chat?  This is a hell of a failing to drive that point home, lol.  Only thing I could imagine being worse would be if they put up games requiring ROB or the Power Pad as part of the service.  🤣

3 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

So does this observation trump the opinions of the grumpy old men in the thread that the Switch doesn't need, and shouldn't have integrated chat?  This is a hell of a failing to drive that point home, lol.  Only thing I could imagine being worse would be if they put up games requiring ROB or the Power Pad as part of the service.  🤣

Hey everyone, let’s have a party. 🥳🎉

But here’s the catch: you cant see or talk to anyone. 🥺🙁

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

@darkchylde28 I don't think any console should have it, not just the Switch. Now if people weren't such shit then I would totally agree. Sorta how I think with regard to guns as well. 

As I, and others, have said, just chat with only your friends, as random people are virtually always scum of the earth.  If your friends are scum, too, and you don't wish to speak with them as a result, that's on you, not some issue with console-linked voice chat.  😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

@darkchylde28 I'm honestly just thinking people with kids. I don't really enjoy playing online games and when I do we just use discord.

Well, people with kids are going to have them show up in the background of what you're hearing from their end whether you're on Discord or talking through a chat that's directly linked to the console  Directly linked chat is incredibly more convenient than having to juggle Discord on another device, especially when it comes to things like being able to hear voice chat while not sacrificing being able to hear what's going on in the game (can't combine the audio of Discord from your phone/PC with headset audio from the Switch/PS4/PS5/XBONE/etc., at least not without MORE extra hardware added into the mix).  It's a solid feature, whether you choose to use it or not.  If you're as against voice chat as you've been making out, you really shouldn't be on Discord either, as it's the same thing as what you're vilifying, just more of a PITA to combine with console games.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, asmikace said:

The NSO is dead to me for not putting Earthbound on it yet.

Honestly, the biggest grievance I have for the service is the quality and quantity of releases on the NES and SNES library. I was expecting more cooler titles to happen more frequently but it seems mostly at a snail pace with titles that no one really asked for, even though they do manage to put in a gem now and then.

right? RIGHT? Not that I'd ever play Earthbound, mind you. But I am still confused with the games selection.

I was playing around my non-expanded NSO last night and I had to wonder how come Stun Race FX is there but not Uniracers? Why no Sim City? Where's NES Pinball?  WHY IS DOOMSDAY WARRIOR ON THERE.

21 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

@darkchylde28 are you under the impression no one voice chats with strangers online? 

I have an incredible amount of first- and second-hand experience that says that people who don't like to talk to random people online don't, but still do with their friends.  Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater FFS.

• Agree 1

Short summary from different places: the sticks feel good, curve is slightly different. The tech is different, they are not going to go loose (instead they will suffer from modern issues like drift). The stick module cannot be transplanted to old controllers without an adapter PCB, which nobody has yet designed. The controller itself can be used on a real N64, one BT adapter already has support and another will be adding it.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1