IGNORED

Music Debate #122: Aerosmith

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking band. Or artist.
    • 8/10 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. More than a few songs you like. You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area. Or still alive.
    • 5/10 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
    • 3/10 - Not very good. You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time. You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

Events Team · Posted
45 minutes ago, Radagast said:

8/10. For me their last 3 good albums were in the late 80s and 90s...Nine Lives, Big Ones (greatest hits plus Livin' On the Edge), and Pump. Love all the 70s albums too.

Are you saying Livin on the Edge wasn't a hit?  That was the lead single off of Get a Grip.

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

bland and toothless

You’re missing out. Songs like Amazing and Dude Looks Like a Lady were overplayed for sure, but others like Spaced, Combination, Heart’s Done Time, or Hoodoo Voodoo Medicine Man are far from those descriptors. imo

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Are you saying Livin on the Edge wasn't a hit?  That was the lead single off of Get a Grip.

Sorry for the confusion. You're right that it was indeed a hit. That's actually one of their best songs IMO. I don't own Get a Grip so I always associated Big Ones with Livin' On the Edge because it's the only 90s Aerosmith I have besides Nine Lives. My favorite album of theirs is probably Rocks.

Edited by Radagast
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Link said:

You’re missing out. Songs like Amazing and Dude Looks Like a Lady were overplayed for sure, but others like Spaced, Combination, Heart’s Done Time, or Hoodoo Voodoo Medicine Man are far from those descriptors. imo

Agree. I don't really hate the overplayed 80s and 90s stuff except for I Don't Want To Miss a Thing, but it's a poor representation of their sound. 70s Aerosmith is where it's at. Toys in the Attic is one of my favorite albums.