IGNORED

Pumpkin Town: Finished!

G-type

>Game saved

>The butterscotch is normal.

>You give the carny some more butterscotch. 

"Say, thanks pal! I certainly wouldn't say no to a little nip". He takes a swig and hands you back the bottle. "Why don't you go ahead and take another throw, on the house."

>You are not able to put the bag over the carny's head.

>You attempt to push the bottles over, but they don't budge. It's rigged as you suspected. The bottles are cemented in place.

"Hey! Get back! You gotta stay behind the line if you want to play!"

>You are not able to plant a bean bag.

>The bottles explode into little bits of glass. The stunned carny reluctantly hands over some circus peanuts.

spacer.png

>The belltower rings, and suddenly you begin to feel very sleepy.

You wake up in bed, clutching your trick-or-treat bag. Was it all a dream? But the candy looks and smells real.

Final Score: 13/13

The End.

• Wow! 1
  • Love 2

• The title was changed to Pumpkin Town: Finished!

Thanks for playing everyone!

(a few of these puzzles had multiple solutions, depending on which costume you were wearing, or treats you were carrying.)

On 10/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, Jeevan said:

Also, you better have a Christmas one ready 😒

Christmas town or riot!

A Christmas themed game will be ready in December. (should I start a "Text Adventure" club to host it in?)

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Lol, I guess everyone was just too lazy to figure out the directions to the lab and back.

Thanks for the game G-type it was really fun! Was there anything interesting we missed?

The witch costume had a special power that would let you fly to any location on the map, so you could bypass some of the obstacles... The ghost costume made you invisible, which was why you were able to walk into the candy lab in the beginning. The pirate costume had a hook hand with which could have fought the squid, and also slipped it through the grate with some chewed gum on the end to get the coin.

Technically I shouldn't have let you back on the train at the very end. You either needed a funland coin, a ghost costume to sneak on, or a hobo costume to ride for free, but I knew you guys basically had figured out everything and didn't want to drag things out.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, G-type said:

The witch costume had a special power that would let you fly to any location on the map, so you could bypass some of the obstacles... The ghost costume made you invisible, which was why you were able to walk into the candy lab in the beginning. The pirate costume had a hook hand with which could have fought the squid, and also slipped it through the grate with some chewed gum on the end to get the coin.

Technically I shouldn't have let you back on the train at the very end. You either needed a funland coin, a ghost costume to sneak on, or a hobo costume to ride for free, but I knew you guys basically had figured out everything and didn't want to drag things out.

@Splain time to update the FAQ 😊

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
45 minutes ago, Splain said:

Oh wow, I didn't think it would work to just put a jawbreaker into the bean bag. So I was trying to figure out the solution still.

I loved this though. Thanks @G-type

never doubt jeeves!!!

thanks for running it @G-type was truly fun and entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted

@G-type this was fantastic, dude.

I held off from participating since I'm not familiar with text adventures, but it was so much fun to keep up with the progress here.
And the writing was excellent - I kept thinking "Wow - G-type should be an author", but then I remembered you've already published stuff haha.

-CasualCart

• Haha 1