IGNORED

Anyone else had trouble making card payments on Nintendo E-shop recently?

OptOut

I got up bright and early to download Metroid Dread for my Switch this morning (downloading as we SPEAK!) but the E-shop was giving me funny business with my cards.

Two different cards from two different banks, (which I have used before on there no less) were declined by the E-shop... Never had that happen before I don't think?

In the end, I had to link my PayPal to my Switch account and pay that way, still using one of the very same cards that had already been rejected, but they accepted it through PayPal fine...

Anyone else had anything like that happen?

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

I got up bright and early to download Metroid Dread for my Switch this morning (downloading as we SPEAK!) but the E-shop was giving me funny business with my cards.

Two different cards from two different banks, (which I have used before on there no less) were declined by the E-shop... Never had that happen before I don't think?

In the end, I had to link my PayPal to my Switch account and pay that way, still using one of the very same cards that had already been rejected, but they accepted it through PayPal fine...

Anyone else had anything like that happen?

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy the game 😤

• Sad 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

I use CC on the e-shop often (including a week ago), never store my details or link my paypal, and it work me.

Just a guess, but if nintendo's bank, that is charging you, is another country, your bank might be flagging the charge and not allowing it to go through (thinking it is fraudulent).  

• Thanks 1