IGNORED

If you had to cause either chickens or cows to go extinct which would you choose?

phart010

If you had to cause either chickens or cows to go extinct, which would you choose?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which animal goes extinct?

• Chickens 🐓
    • Cows 🐄

Cows.  While beef taste nice, fine and all that, there's just more negatives to it from both the cow being alive, to what they produce(waste to edible stuff) it's an easy choice.  Chicken may have less flavor to it, but it's also far easier to use in a lot more dishes for more flavors, is healthier by far, take up far less room, produce more useful good with eggs, and their farts don't toot holes into the atmosphere either.

As he said above, you can replace cow with something similar like bison etc if you had to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Cows.  While beef taste nice, fine and all that, there's just more negatives to it from both the cow being alive, to what they produce(waste to edible stuff) it's an easy choice.  Chicken may have less flavor to it, but it's also far easier to use in a lot more dishes for more flavors, is healthier by far, take up far less room, produce more useful good with eggs, and their farts don't toot holes into the atmosphere either.

As he said above, you can replace cow with something similar like bison etc if you had to.

Cows also make milk, butter, ghee, yoghurt,  cream, sour cream, cheese, leather jackets, and manure

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Both are tasty.......so I wouldn't kill either......Nothing like a Mid Rare steak, a baked tater with sour cream, butter and cheese.  But then on the other side of it, you gots the fried chicken........Who wouldn't like some nice fried eggs for breakfast?  I mean, both of these animals are delicious equally 😆

Edit:  Oh ya, chicken parm. 

Cow. I could easily give up steaks if I had to, even though I do love a good steak. I don't really drink milk anymore or could use a substitute if I wanted to, same goes with any of the products milk can make like butter etc.

I just love chicken meals more like fried chicken, chicken parma, scrambled eggs and omelette.

Also, beef is getting really expensive.

5 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

In all seriousness, don't believe the misinformation about cow farts destroying the planet.

Livestock CO2 emissions represent 15-20% of the world's total. No reason to turn this thread all political (though I guess it kinda is already), but that's just hard numbers. It might not be the only source, but calling it "misinformation" is just a lie. 😛 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Sumez said:

Livestock CO2 emissions represent 15-20% of the world's total. No reason to turn this thread all political (though I guess it kinda is already), but that's just hard numbers. It might not be the only source, but calling it "misinformation" is just a lie. 😛 

The EPA's website says 10% from all agricultural production, of which livestock is just a small part and includes much more than cows. Still, I'll have some chicken later to give the cows a break

4 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

Cows. Despite what someone in this thread seems to think, they are absolutely horrible environment-wise. Not as bad as humans obviously though their CO2, the deforestation to raise them and the fresh water used are all just great reasons.

I know what you are saying, but I love the implication in the way you wrote this that it is somehow the cow's fault that they produce so much methane, lol!

Obviously there wouldn't be NEARLY so many cows on this planet if it wasn't for humans rearing them for our own purposes, and so any impact the cows have on the environment is also our responsibility.

But yeah it's a pretty funny thing to imagine humans blaming the animals we enslave and kill and torture for greenhouse gases emissions! 🤣

"Fuck you Bessie, where's YOUR fucking Toyota Prius, huh?! I'm doing MY part!!!" 🐄 😠 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This one is a pretty easy choice for me.  I could live without chicken pretty easily.  Now if the choice was between red meat and seafood, that would be a difficult choice, at least for me.

While we are on the topic, my brother-in-law would have an easy choice.  He is allergic to red meat due to a bite from a Lone Star Tick.  True story.  He had eaten red meat all of his life, but a few years ago (when he was in his mid thirties), he started getting sick at strange times.  He went to several doctors who couldn't figure out the problem, but eventually one of them figured out the red meat allergy.  He had some tests done and they were able to determine it was caused by a tick bite.  The Lone Star tick has the ability to make you allergic to red meat.  Pretty shitty.  

Edited by TDIRunner