IGNORED

Games that are hard to find in nice condition

For me it’s two for nes, rollerblade racer with how poor the label quality was on it and how all of them have shell discoloration on the back.

Then for whatever reason I’ve seen quite a few ren and stimpy buckeroos labels just completely peel up on the top. Like the entire flap on even the mintiest labels like the one I have. Must’ve been the glue they used I would imagine.

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, Goodvibes said:

For me it’s two for nes, rollerblade racer with how poor the label quality was on it and how all of them have shell discoloration on the back.

Don't forget that the box is impossible to find in nice shape, too.  I actually had to buy a slabbed factory sealed Rollerblade Racer and crack it open just so I could get this game in nice shape.  So my box and cart label are mint, but you guessed it: the back shell discoloration was present right out of the box...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Don't forget that the box is impossible to find in nice shape, too.  I actually had to buy a slabbed factory sealed Rollerblade Racer and crack it open just so I could get this game in nice shape.  So my box and cart label are mint, but you guessed it: the back shell discoloration was present right out of the box...

Interesting.  Is it possible that its not yellowed, its just a shitter looking gray that isn't matched?  I'm pretty sure the plastic wasn't made by Nintendo.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah that’s for sure the box is always trash. Bless your heart for opening that sucker lol. It reminds me of trying to find a deathrace box.

Edited by Goodvibes

2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Interesting.  Is it possible that its not yellowed, its just a shitter looking gray that isn't matched?  I'm pretty sure the plastic wasn't made by Nintendo.  

It’s not even Gray it’s so discolored it looks brown. It’s pretty much all the carts whenever I get around to looking for an upgrade.

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Yeah, Nintendo had nothing to do with the manufacturing process; all of their stuff is made in Japan.  Rollerblade Racer was manufactured by Hi-Tech and, as per the back of the cartridge, "Made in U.S.A."

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 11:43 PM, Goodvibes said:

Then for whatever reason I’ve seen quite a few ren and stimpy buckeroos labels just completely peel up on the top. Like the entire flap on even the mintiest labels like the one I have. Must’ve been the glue they used I would imagine.

Check your scratch off in a bright light and see if it’s a winning one. That’s gotta be the holy grail of NES inserts if there is one to be had.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BitsAndGlory said:

Batman Return of the Joker on the NES always has top label issues (I've had 3 copies, all 3 copies have had it).

I also have noticed Baseball Stars II on the NES has top label issues (I've had 2 copies).

What kind of issue?  I actually got that one for the first time in like 15 years a few months back locally, sticker was like brand new.  It was at a nice retail shop and they didn't ask retail(high) price on it either. 😄  It's a very solid game.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:54 PM, Tanooki said:

What kind of issue?  I actually got that one for the first time in like 15 years a few months back locally, sticker was like brand new.  It was at a nice retail shop and they didn't ask retail(high) price on it either. 😄  It's a very solid game.

Which one? Baseball Stars II? I noticed that there's lots of top label peeling and tearing, even when I was searching eBay.

For Batman, same type of thing, also lots of weird dark bleeding and/or fading in the yellow on the label in all my cases.

@BitsAndGlory Return of the Joker.  At first I was surprised to see it, then the price thinking it was high, then ebay checked it and immediately requested to buy it. 😄  It's a really good later NES game that's for certain, but it's quite intact without weird stains, glue failure, whatever...sticker is just nice.

• Like 1