IGNORED

Games that are hard to find in nice condition

Snow Bros.

I don’t know if Capcom ordered a cheap purple, or if Nintendo screwed up somewhere along the line but it’s almost impossible to find a mint Snow Bros.

Also: Any Acclaim manufactured NES game. Every. Single. Label. Is screwed up on all NES games manufactured by acclaim.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Every copy of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES) I've seen has had a trashed label.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

LJN NES games post-Acclaim buyout. Good luck finding a good condition label on Thrilla's Surfari.

Wario's Woods NES and Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth also seem to have label issues.

Are the Wurm issues related to the end label peeling up? Because that's how mine is. It's otherwise nice and glossy. Pro Sport Hockey was the same way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Must’ve gotten lucky with Wurm.  I’ve only seen 1 copy in the wild, snagged it a few years back. Label is not pristine, but it’s not bad.

+1 to the person who mentioned Thrilla Safari!

Totally Rad is one that I’m always looking to get a label upgrade for while out and about.  Can never find that one in great shape.

Edited by NesQuest
  • Like 1

Most copies I've seen of Killer Instinct on the SNES on the label fold have been faded white and very obviously too.  It doesn't make a lot of sense, other games of the period some do, some don't, but it is strange.  Mega Man X2 and X3 suffer this largely too.  it's like they used even thinner amounts of ink on the cheap stickers with no laminate on some games more than others so even just average use (much like the wretched poor stickers master system/genesis used) they get whited out badly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Most copies I've seen of Killer Instinct on the SNES on the label fold have been faded white and very obviously too.  It doesn't make a lot of sense, other games of the period some do, some don't, but it is strange.  Mega Man X2 and X3 suffer this largely too.  it's like they used even thinner amounts of ink on the cheap stickers with no laminate on some games more than others so even just average use (much like the wretched poor stickers master system/genesis used) they get whited out badly.

I agree with you although I think X2 doesn’t have any label issues

• Like 1

All those later SNES titles... MMX3, UMK3, P&R2, Final Fight 3 - Always with the edge wear. Haven't seen it so consistent with a particular set of games from other consoles. 

Also early Mega Man 1 carts seem to have label lift where the glue gives around the edge. 

Hangtab boxes almost always have significant wear in and around the tab itself. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Alder said:

Every copy of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES) I've seen has had a trashed label.

Are the Wurm issues related to the end label peeling up? Because that's how mine is. It's otherwise nice and glossy. Pro Sport Hockey was the same way.

Wayne’s Word, Cliffhanger… 

• Like 1

Snow bros is minty, soccer is very good, warios woods looks like cliffhanger. Mega man was the first expensive cart i bought in like 2016 so I refuse to upgrade it but it’s beat up so I’m sure if the label is solely to blame. Mega man x2 is minty, x3 is starting wear where it wraps around to the top. Pro sports hockey the top looks like cliffhanger and I could kick myself in the ass because I saw a mint one at a game store and didn’t pick it up and I got this one later

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

International Superstar Soccer and Hagane I gave up on and just found the best I could. I remember looking at a while for a King of the Ring on NES. Are all the Acclaim games junk, is that a thing?

King of the Ring is definitely a tough one to find in mint condition. My copies barely register as good and I'm very picky. And yes, all Acclaim games are junk quality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Are all the Acclaim games junk, is that a thing?

Yeah, Acclaim (and late era LJN) have notorious labels, even from the early days of collecting. They just didn't give a fuck.

Batman: Return of the Joker has the spotty glue issue as well. Mine is largely okay, but if look at it under the right light, you can see it wants to turn into a Dalmatian.

• Like 2