IGNORED

CasualCart's Ink-tober 2021

T-Pac

5 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Karate Karen! Someone make this. 

Ask and you shall receive.  I can't remember the last time I pulled up dusty old CS2. 😄

Now just imagine her flipping out with her two tone flock of seagulls/asian inspired doo, with her leggings, and fury while doing the OOOOOO AHHHHH how dare you howl as she unleashes.

karatekaren.jpg

• Haha 4

Graphics Team · Posted

12 - Rock Monster

@GPX for your suggestion of a "random character from a random NES game nobody talks about", I picked the Godzilla-looking enemies from Dragon Spirit (a seriously underappreciated NES game if you ask me). I think I've inadvertently created some kind of Pokemon here...

-CasualCart

790425365_12Sprite.jpg.57d4cb5ad63eb4493badec33ab380967.jpg

12.jpg.6a43d79a13f41a1593212cdb7d64a3ef.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Dragon Spirit is a fairly popular arcade game I'd say, if nothing else for its classic Shinji Hosoe soundtrack. But I definitely never hear anyone talking about the NES port, so I kinda just assumed it wasn't good 😄. The PC Engine port of the first game is pretty bad despite it looking a lot better, but the sequel is great.

20 hours ago, CasualCart said:

12 - Rock Monster

@GPX for your suggestion of a "random character from a random NES game nobody talks about", I picked the Godzilla-looking enemies from Dragon Spirit (a seriously underappreciated NES game if you ask me). I think I've inadvertently created some kind of Pokemon here...

-CasualCart

790425365_12Sprite.jpg.57d4cb5ad63eb4493badec33ab380967.jpg

12.jpg.6a43d79a13f41a1593212cdb7d64a3ef.jpg

I love the way his skin kind of comes together as you approach the torso. I can just imagine the cracks/lava extending to cover his entire body as he prepares some kind of special, power-up attack.

• Love 1

Graphics Team · Posted
15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I see it, and I don't see it which great.  I wonder if someone didn't know you or what you were up to would figure out that's a chocobo.  Looks great but it's like incognitobo.

Haha yeah - that's the problem with 16-bit sprites. They're usually detailed enough to look like cartoons as-is, so I have to either deviate with my design or essentially just draw what's already there (which isn't much fun).

-CasualCart

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, CasualCart said:

15 - Flea Man

@ZeldaFreak thanks for the range of suggestions as always! The flea-men enemies always gave me the creeps, so I tried to reflect that in my design here. 

-CasualCart

1821194031_15Sprite.jpg.b10fbc8396e9ca7bc57a912f54db54e7.jpg

15.jpg.177f9c09eb99e5027e046ed17f3e9353.jpg

Oh wow, I love how that turned out! I figured some of the enemies from the original 3 games would be good suggestions. Felt like they were detailed enough that you can make out what they're supposed to be, but vague enough that you can still go in your own direction with them. Plus they're great for spooky season, haha.

• Like 2