IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Thunder and Lightning!

BeaIank

This is a cool game, when I did my first paring down of collection it made the cut and all subsequent ones so I still got it.  Like other Romstar releases I like the chunkiness of the sprites and the sound.  Anyway I always found it pretty damn hard I'm not surprised people are struggling so far, YOU especially who is reading this seem to be really really struggling.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

The second level octopus seems unfair. Sometimes it's unavoidable and if the ball is too far away while slowed down then there's nothing you can do.

Yeah, I can't believe they put the octopus that early in the game.  I honestly think this would be a great game if you could use some sort of analog control.  Even the arcade version uses a left/right joystick instead of a rotary analog, according to klov.  I don't know what they were thinking...

On 9/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, mbd39 said:

I just learned from reading the 2015 thread that you can run. Hey that might help.

http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageviewe82e.html?catid=31&threadid=155668

@BriGuy82 and @arnpoly should join in this week and get one of their friendly bets going. I bet they could both clear this.

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

91,190  Placeholder after 1 day, maybe i will get better 😉  

XzIIMGn.jpg

Jeevans back! And doug beat the game and is poking at bert? All this action for romstar presents arkanoid but prettier? Wtf am I missing here? I know Im the league weirdo, but how japenese basketball with 6 hoops and shamless violence draws  no interest, while the crowd flocks for this is beyond me. There were 6 hoops!

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Jeevans back! And doug beat the game and is poking at bert? All this action for romstar presents arkanoid but prettier? Wtf am I missing here? I know Im the league weirdo, but how japenese basketball with 6 hoops and shamless violence draws  no interest, while the crowd flocks for this is beyond me. There were 6 hoops!

it's solely to try and get a charm 😆

2 chainz no shame GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I beat @bertsampson for the 2015 arcade genre championship by 1 point because of this game. I would hate to waste an opportunity to bring that up.

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I guess I missed that thread. Basically I just bring it up when I think of it so I don't forget about it.

na, u didn't but gloves is aware and will get them in the next year or so 😏.  I think it was mentioned in a thread somewhere this contest year though.  Someone brought it up and he has been made aware of it.

Just now, Jeevan said:

na, u didn't but gloves is aware and will get them in the next year or so 😏.  I think it was mentioned in a thread somewhere this contest year though.  Someone brought it up and he has been made aware of it.

I don't think anyone got them for last year. I'm too old to win anything anymore, so I need that reminder that I used to be kinda good back in the day.

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't think anyone got them for last year. I'm too old to win anything anymore, so I need that reminder that I used to be kinda good back in the day.

fair, on the old part 😉, but ya, i think its in the works.  Maybe they will just give them out with this years?  Who knows.  Everyone be busy lol.