IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Thunder and Lightning!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to another deciding round of our VGS NES Weekly Contest!
This week will decide who will claim the title of best arcade player of 2021!

Right now @Dr. Morbisleads with 25 points, followed by @Jeevan with 23 points and @mbd39 with 21 points. @NESfiend with 18 points isn't completely out of the race!

To decide the Arcade genre winner, we will be playing THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!

The rules are simple:

• Pick 1 player mode
  • Play till game over or till you beat the game
  • Take your picture at the title screen. Your score will be showing at 1P and at Hi
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 10,000 points
  • Genre: Arcade

Have a good, fair fight lads.

27_Thunder_Lighning_Sage.png.9bc042b5399

The contest ends Sunday, 10/03/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1st Bearcat-Doug 594,640
2nd bertsampson 394,600
3rd Krunch 392,300
4th PII 363,430
5th Dr. Morbis 328,620
6th NESfiend 255,620
7th Richardhead 250,950
8th Jeevan 154,210
9th 0xDEAFC0DE 126,070
10th mbd39 48,700
11th Californication 46,590
12th JamesRobot 28,540
13th the_wizard_666 11,200

Looks like I've gotta try this week... 😉

SCORE EDIT #1 - On the board with just over six figures, 102,660:

SCORE EDIT #2 - Made it to Round 16, so half way there, 261,040:

SCORE EDIT #3 - Well I still can't beat the game, but I did finally make it to Round 20, 328,620:

TL 3.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
41 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to another deciding round of our VGS NES Weekly Contest!
This week will decide who will claim the title of best arcade player of 2021!

Right now @Dr. Morbisleads with 25 points, followed by @Jeevan with 23 points and @mbd39 with 21 points. @NESfiend with 18 points isn't completely out of the race!

To decide the Arcade genre winner, we will be playing THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!

The rules are simple:

• Pick 1 player mode
  • Play till game over or till you beat the game
  • Take your picture at the title screen. Your score will be showing at 1P and at Hi
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 10,000 points
  • Genre: Arcade

Have a good, fair fight lads.

27_Thunder_Lighning_Sage.png.9bc042b5399

The contest ends Sunday, 10/03/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

Oh shit!  @NESfiend I might have to try this week lol

this is a good one.

skinnies scorebaord

skyline chili sucks - 594640

rubarb - 288550

morphius - 261040

morris code - 126070

rich's noggin - 112400

i love nes alot - 93010

jeebs - 91190

james robot - 28540

wiz it, wiz it good - 11220

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1

Man, this is a tough game!  How are we supposed to play a Breakout clone with digital controls?  I can't help but feel like this game would've been a whole lot better if they had programmed it to work with Taito's Vaus controller.  And having clouds down low that conceal the ball is bullshit!

According to Adaml's list, there are only 30 rounds in this game, but man, clearing that many would take some serious skill.  I only made it to Round 6 on my first game, but that's a start, I guess...

4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I tried getting into this game last night and really had trouble.  Never been any good at arkanoid/pong type stuff. Just not really my cup of tea.  Ill try go get into this week and get a respectable score in. If @Richardheadis trying this week, I better give it a shot

You don’t have to worry much aboot me. I played for like 15 minutes today😂

I do like this game quiet a bit though. I have Never been able to get through all the stages.

4 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I played for like 15 minutes today😂

I do like this game quiet a bit though. 

Wouldn't it take longer than 15 min to break 100k in one game?

You are a thunder and lightning homer. I played for 10 minutes and crapped out at 10k. I dont know how much pong 2.0 I have in me. 

richard-tommy-boy.gif