IGNORED

Gauging interest for a homebrew virtual swap meet

Scrobins

Moderator · Posted

I had an idea I'd love to bounce off you all. If this ends up being popular, maybe we suggest expanding it to the larger marketplace.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a homebrew-specific virtual swap meet? We could create a new sub here in the site's homebrew section for people to make a post showing what they are willing to part with and listing what they're looking for, and people could facilitate trades and add some amount of cash to even things out. Maybe even organize multi-person trades (like A has something for B who has something for C who has something for A). Love to hear anyone's thoughts.

I figured it's worth trying since homebrew is a small enough subset of retro gaming that it might be manageable to keep it in a thread like this.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'd be all for this, but I dont think it'll work well in practicality.

Most people that buy homebrews are in the community, support folks they feel they "know", etc. And with such limited releases, oftentimes, it just makes it hard to find anyone willing to part with anything.

10 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I'd be all for this, but I dont think it'll work well in practicality.

Most people that buy homebrews are in the community, support folks they feel they "know", etc. And with such limited releases, oftentimes, it just makes it hard to find anyone willing to part with anything.

I'm down for a "trade" event but I imagine there will be a bunch of hoarders like me who just want to buy rare things 😄 

QXI2SoP.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Agree 1

Moderator · Posted

Haha I’m prepared for this to be a standoff of people hoping to acquire some gems but unwilling to let any of their own go.

I hope to launch this later this month and offer a potential game of interest among my lists. I just need to check with someone to whom I offered right of first refusal on it.

10 hours ago, Scrobins said:

Haha I’m prepared for this to be a standoff of people hoping to acquire some gems but unwilling to let any of their own go.

I hope to launch this later this month and offer a potential game of interest among my lists. I just need to check with someone to whom I offered right of first refusal on it.

I'll take it!

Lol