IGNORED

"The Dreamer Collection"

Gulag Joe

I couldn't help but notice that the first time I get to see a real life sealed Resident Evil Long Box offered up for auction, it has a pedigree attached to it:

"The Dreamer Collection"

If it doesn't sell for over a million I'm gonna start to think all these final sales prices are fake

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/resident-evil-wata-96-a-sealed-ridged-longbox-first-production-the-dreamer-collection-ps1-capcom-1996-usa/p/7263-110002.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

6 minutes ago, inasuma said:

going to submit my games with custom pedigrees from now on.

I was thinking of doing that too. "The Gulag Joe Collection" is a myriad of stolen, hacked, and pirated games that were all resealed and submitted to us for grading and we at Wata were glad to take his money and grade them with a third party seal caveat attached to each"

I want to preface by saying none of that is true it was just the best fantastical story I could come up with

Edited by Gulag Joe
  • Agree 1

Although I’m mainly into Pal collecting, I do appreciate the rarity of the PS1 long boxes. A Resident Evil sealed long box  is certainly something very awesome and keen to see how much it can go up to. I don’t believe any game should be worth a million dollars but such is this crazy market in current times, nothing surprises me anymore.

As for the pedigree description, it’s the most lame-ass title you can possibly have. I mean, literally every sealed collector is dreaming about the past with nostalgia in mind. Or they’re dreaming about being the next million dollar seller on an online auction. 🤑

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care what they call this collection, What a thing of beauty and unlike a lot of the recent RECORD SALES this bad boy really does deserve to be called rare, I remember looking for this game back when it first hit and even then the long box version were few and far between, I mean dreamer or not who the hell could resist not opening & playing this bad boy! I  would bet my house we are not going to hit a million but it sure as hell would not surprise me if it hits a 100k plus. 

Edited by madmozz

On 9/23/2021 at 6:04 PM, GPX said:

Although I’m mainly into Pal collecting, I do appreciate the rarity of the PS1 long boxes. A Resident Evil sealed long box  is certainly something very awesome and keen to see how much it can go up to. I don’t believe any game should be worth a million dollars but such is this crazy market in current times, nothing surprises me anymore.

As for the pedigree description, it’s the most lame-ass title you can possibly have. I mean, literally every sealed collector is dreaming about the past with nostalgia in mind. Or they’re dreaming about being the next million dollar seller on an online auction. 🤑

I think the name is ok, much better then the NY collection or the Ohio collection, at least its not a city, I have a buddy who talked to someone at Heritage and it seems the collection was loaded with rare sealed game ( he thinks they said over 400) so someone was dreaming of something back in the day. They named a huge comic collection the promise collection so I guess it fits right in lol

Administrator · Posted
On 9/22/2021 at 4:35 PM, AdamW said:

The blurb has some "fun" explanation of the name:

""The Dreamer Collection" refers to the original owner's lofty dream of building an incredible rental store with an immense library of amazing games"

... "A dream he gave up on to sell on our platform to maximize profits! :D"

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Administrator · Posted
Just now, kell said:

Am I the only one that would want to get this recased/regraded to get the "The Dreamer Collection" removed?

I have a general rule:

Any time you find yourself typing "Am I the only one..." just stop for a moment and remember - no, you are not. Under no circumstances are you ever.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, AdamW said:

unless you're @FenrirZeroand the question is "am I the only one who cares about CAS?"

🤣

And the answer is... I stopped caring because all I hear is how Wata is the #1 option, and how any other company that can make them money is the #2 option for them. 😒

Along with a number of other things that include reasons why I stopped collecting video games for the time being. 🤨

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

I have a general rule:

Any time you find yourself typing "Am I the only one..." just stop for a moment and remember - no, you are not. Under no circumstances are you ever.

But I am the only one who put a financial risk by renting a specific apartment in Nakano, with the intent to visit the autism center in Asakusa in hopes of seeing if they can help develop a much overdue Autism therapy session for me, while seeing if a business-related co-op is possible (since I have been struggling to do both for 8+ years). 🤔

But I do believe that I am not the only one who chose to put video game collecting on the sidelines just because sealed toys are currently going for more sane prices (along with any similar reasons I am using). 🍺

• Like 2

16 hours ago, madmozz said:

I think the name is ok, much better then the NY collection or the Ohio collection, at least its not a city, I have a buddy who talked to someone at Heritage and it seems the collection was loaded with rare sealed game ( he thinks they said over 400) so someone was dreaming of something back in the day. They named a huge comic collection the promise collection so I guess it fits right in lol

I don’t really have an issue of what it’s called. The issue is that the pedigree status is just a gimmick to lure the uninformed.

Majority of the long time collectors won’t give a hoot if it’s non-pedigree or pedigree. You buy it because it’s rare, not because some guy buying it originally from which state or which reason. Particularly when he’s not a celebrity, but simply a person buying a bunch of stuff cheap some 20 years ago that happened to inflate by 10,000% by 2021.

10 hours ago, GPX said:

I don’t really have an issue of what it’s called. The issue is that the pedigree status is just a gimmick to lure the uninformed.

Majority of the long time collectors won’t give a hoot if it’s non-pedigree or pedigree. You buy it because it’s rare, not because some guy buying it originally from which state or which reason. Particularly when he’s not a celebrity, but simply a person buying a bunch of stuff cheap some 20 years ago that happened to inflate by 10,000% by 2021.

I agree it really doesn't matter where this game is from( or any game for that matter ) Dreamer, NY collection whatever I 100% percent agree the pedigree is not going to have any impact on the final sale price. What will have an impact is how rare the game is. I am going to make a run at it but I know I have very little of chance adding this to my collection. I reached out to a few collectors and asked what would be a legit bid and even the lowest bid was a bit of a shock ( but who knows they could be wrong) I am not a sealed or graded game guy & there are only a handful of games I would like to have graded or sealed and this is one of them. Coming from a comic background I am a big fan of the cover artist & IMHO this is among the most significant games and box variations from the ps1 era. Damn sue is a lot less of these then most Mario games lol