IGNORED

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania

Kguillemette

https://smb.sega.com/bananamania/lang/en.html

Omg.

So this looks to be a whole new game, a remaster of the GameCube games, and a collection of their best party games with online capabilities all rolled into one?!?!

I would have bought any one of those things. This is about to be $40 well spent! I'm pumped!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is indeed on PS4 (disc version only please!) and has trophy support, sign me up! 🙂  Banana Mania...I don't suppose that's anything like Bananarama is it? 😄 

I can't believe it's already been 20 years...where'd they go?

Now if only we'd get a 20th anniversary MegaMan Battle Network Collection...with trophy support of course. 🙂 

Edited by Estil

• 1 year later...

So a year later I finally got myself a copy.

First of all the game maintains a lot of its original charm. The levels in story mode feel very similar, though a lot floatier and more forgiving than the GameCube titles. 

The party games are a disappointment. Bowling just isn't as much fun, and monkey target somehow they made completely unplayable. Like I'm baffled how they could screw it up so much. Why even include it if it's so broken?!

If you want to take Super Monkey Ball on the go, there's no better way to go about it than Banana Mania. The story mode levels are very good still. If you are relaxing and playing monkey ball on the couch or with friends, stick with the GameCube titles. The gameplay and physics(in a physics game no less) is far more precise and while the updated graphics in Bananamania are gorgeous, we aren't playing this for the visual spectacle.