IGNORED

Can VGS Beat... not a Nintendo console?

Gloves

What systems would you most want to contribute to beating every game of?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Your top choice

• Sega Genesis
    • Turbografx 16
    • Playstation
    • Dreamcast
    • Playstation 2
    • Xbox
    • Other - Comment!
  2. 2. Multiple choice - choose all you'd like to participate in

Editorials Team · Posted

I love those "beat every game" threads. On NA I had dreams of starting up a thread for every Nintendo console, because there are worthwhile games on all of them, and discovering the more fringe titles is what makes those threads fun. Honestly I think there should be one for any console that has people wanting to play the games. There's no reason we shouldn't have a dozen of these threads. I don't want to "hog" them but I'll fire up a thread for any console if there's interest. (and no volunteer to run it) With no yearly rollovers.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

PlayStation makes the most sense to me.  You can play PS1 games on a PS3, you can buy them digitally on PSP and PS3 (and Vita and PS4 for all I know).  A lot of them have gotten released on other systems in one form or another.  And, many, many people have interest in playing at least something on the system.  Everyone likes Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2 and Mega Man X4 and all that.  Dreamcast and TurboGrafx games might be harder sells.  Of course it's also massive and has like 90 versions of every sports franchise, so I dunno.

Just my 2 cents.

33 minutes ago, Splain said:

I love those "beat every game" threads. On NA I had dreams of starting up a thread for every Nintendo console, because there are worthwhile games on all of them, and discovering the more fringe titles is what makes those threads fun. Honestly I think there should be one for any console that has people wanting to play the games. There's no reason we shouldn't have a dozen of these threads. I don't want to "hog" them but I'll fire up a thread for any console if there's interest. (and no volunteer to run it) With no yearly rollovers.

Well said! The NES and GameBoy game threads made me experience and play through games I never thought I would put the time into to master. I learned to love a lot of games through those threads. It really makes you appreciate the library even more. It's especially fun when other users give advice and you are learning the game together.

Edited by acromite53

Administrator · Posted

I think it’d be cool to have as many as people want and just keep em going.  Not like the annual thing we are used to - but just - can VGS beat all the ps1 games, all the ps2 games, etc etc etc - for any system people want.  It’s all just for fun anyway and maybe it takes 7 years or we never finish completely, but it’d be fun to try.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Genesis because the library is roughly 2 games/day for a calendar year, while still having many relatively short titles that could actually have people BEAT 2 games/day.  I hate restricting it to licensed only, mainly because there's not even really half a dozen unlicensed (not to mention that Action 52 is a patched version, so it's actually playably bad, unlike the NES one).  But whatevs, I'm just down for something different.