IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Nekketsu Street Basket

BeaIank

12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

It is that time. Debating between taking another run at this crazy basketball game or playing some adventure island. Either will lead to embarassing results, but its friday night and the beer is flowing like wine. 

I am currently debating between not taking another run at this crazy basketball game and taking in a little Dracula X while substituting red wine for beer cuz its raining here and Castlevania....

48 minutes ago, PII said:

I am currently debating between not taking another run at this crazy basketball game and taking in a little Dracula X while substituting red wine for beer cuz its raining here and Castlevania....

3 games and I scored 111-18 last time and probably never will clear 100 again. And missed the photo 

I like @the_wizard_666method of making kunio the cpu, especially if you cant sink a bunch of time in. The timing on shooting up top is tough. With wiz method, you just need to hit a to shoot up top with the team's best shooter. Somehow I got 20 points on the first shot. To be fair on missing pic, pretty exhausted from this dudes 3rd birthday.

Edit: played another game and improved on my posted score a little. 

IMG_7984002.thumb.jpg.aa068f75965bab5807da1ce4e70cc715.jpg

Edited by NESfiend

20 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I did better my first game, but missed the pic.  

Whatever my previous record for missed pics on scores was, I tripled it this week. Did get it on my best score, but it was a tight window if you forget to pause with a few seconds left to get the camera ready

Okay so I beat the second team by 9 (they were US Navy both times) so I got that right?  So can I now keep playing on this run and try to play another basketball game and get a better score?  I have the run still live 

Might as well give it another shot anyways.

Edited by Krunch

1 minute ago, Krunch said:

Okay so I beat the second team by 9 (they were US Navy both times) so I got that right?  So can I now keep playing on this run and try to play another basketball game and get a better score?  I have the run still live 

Its best score one game against navy. They are the second team on the menu screen, not the second team you play

Just play one game and get your best score differential. You dont have to win one then get a score

Just now, NESfiend said:

Its best score one game against navy. They are the second team on the menu screen, not the second team you play

Just play one game and get your best score differential. You dont have to win one then get a score

My bad!  Thanks for the clarification!  I actually did much better in my first game anyway and took an insurance pic.  In the second they had a killer run with the top nets, and we were without a bottom net to score on for the last minute of first half.  The CPU partner got most of the baskets I just block.  Been playin lots of Pokemon Unite lately

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Whatever my previous record for missed pics on scores was, I tripled it this week. Did get it on my best score, but it was a tight window if you forget to pause with a few seconds left to get the camera ready

It was my first time playing.  I won 52-27, but wasn't even remotely ready with the camera.  I lost my bottom basket near the end of the first half, and near the end of the game.  I figured the basket fell off after multiple baskets without the opponent getting the ball.  Both times, they took the rim and put it on their end.  I didn't figure out how to shoot the other baskets until the game was almost over.  I regret not having time to put any effort into this one.  I'm guessing much higher scores are possible.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:01 PM, NESfiend said:

drac x sounding pretty damn good. And its almost October so its high time to get to castlevanias.

Fun fact: one of the players on this game has a flyswatter he hits opponents with when you attack

I must not be far enough yet for that.  I've only played here and there quite casually so far.  Didn't really get where all the negative comments about it were coming from initially.  It looks and sounds fantastic and is fun for sure but the controls are REALLY stiff even by Castlevania standards.  Also, it seems like Richter was programmed to over jump just about everything, lol.

14 minutes ago, PII said:

I must not be far enough yet for that.  I've only played here and there quite casually so far.  Didn't really get where all the negative comments about it were coming from initially.  It looks and sounds fantastic and is fun for sure but the controls are REALLY stiff even by Castlevania standards.  Also, it seems like Richter was programmed to over jump just about everything, lol.

It's funny: Rondo is awesome and generally regarded as the best pre-SOTN Castlevania, and Drac X is a close remix of Rondo, and yet it somehow sucks?!?!?!?  I've never understood this modern internet mentality at all myself.  I personally think it's lightyears ahead of Super CV IV in all ways, expecially controls.  And speaking of controls, why does Simon look and control like he has a stick shoved way up his butt in Super CV IV?  I can't think of another CV game with stiffer controls, other than maybe the first one on Gameboy, and that's saying a lot!

In sum:  Dracula X RULEZ!

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's funny: Rondo is awesome and generally regarded as the best pre-SOTN Castlevania, and Drac X is a close remix of Rondo, and yet it somehow sucks?!?!?!?  I've never understood this modern internet mentality at all myself.  I personally think it's lightyears ahead of Super CV IV in all ways, expecially controls.  And speaking of controls, why does Simon look and control like he has a stick shoved way up his butt in Super CV IV?  I can't think of another CV game with stiffer controls, other than maybe the first one on Gameboy, and that's saying a lot!

In sum:  Dracula X RULEZ!

I haven't played IV in a long time so would really have to give it a go to make a fair comparison.  At one time back in it's hey-day I started to develop the feeling that I liked it even better than CVIII which turned out fleeting as CVIII remains my Fav. and probably always will be.  A weird thing about X though is the lack of having to power up the whip and the lack of double/triple shots which feels to me like something is missing.  The whole -Rondo is the best, X is the worst mentality is pretty ridiculous.

11 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Ill be curious to hear @0xDEAFC0DEtake on the baskets coming off. Any idea what triggers it? And were you actually getting them back on? I sure as hell didnt. 

I'm pretty sure it's just number of baskets scored (or maybe attempted) in them. And the higher the basket the less the number. I know that the middle basket is one more than the top one. According to the FAQ, a dunk greatly decreases the basket health. 

For getting them back on, it's annoying as hell, but jump and press up to shoot them high. However the place you have to stand is a bit off screen when the ball's on your side.

I did not have good success of always having 3. Usually, I would lose one per half. 

• Like 1