IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Nekketsu Street Basket

BeaIank

Member · Posted
12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

It is that time. Debating between taking another run at this crazy basketball game or playing some adventure island. Either will lead to embarassing results, but its friday night and the beer is flowing like wine. 

I am currently debating between not taking another run at this crazy basketball game and taking in a little Dracula X while substituting red wine for beer cuz its raining here and Castlevania....

48 minutes ago, PII said:

I am currently debating between not taking another run at this crazy basketball game and taking in a little Dracula X while substituting red wine for beer cuz its raining here and Castlevania....

3 games and I scored 111-18 last time and probably never will clear 100 again. And missed the photo 

I like @the_wizard_666method of making kunio the cpu, especially if you cant sink a bunch of time in. The timing on shooting up top is tough. With wiz method, you just need to hit a to shoot up top with the team's best shooter. Somehow I got 20 points on the first shot. To be fair on missing pic, pretty exhausted from this dudes 3rd birthday.

Edit: played another game and improved on my posted score a little. 

IMG_7984002.thumb.jpg.aa068f75965bab5807da1ce4e70cc715.jpg

Edited by NESfiend

20 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I did better my first game, but missed the pic.  

Whatever my previous record for missed pics on scores was, I tripled it this week. Did get it on my best score, but it was a tight window if you forget to pause with a few seconds left to get the camera ready

Okay so I beat the second team by 9 (they were US Navy both times) so I got that right?  So can I now keep playing on this run and try to play another basketball game and get a better score?  I have the run still live 

Might as well give it another shot anyways.

Edited by Krunch

1 minute ago, Krunch said:

Okay so I beat the second team by 9 (they were US Navy both times) so I got that right?  So can I now keep playing on this run and try to play another basketball game and get a better score?  I have the run still live 

Its best score one game against navy. They are the second team on the menu screen, not the second team you play

Just play one game and get your best score differential. You dont have to win one then get a score

Just now, NESfiend said:

Its best score one game against navy. They are the second team on the menu screen, not the second team you play

Just play one game and get your best score differential. You dont have to win one then get a score

My bad!  Thanks for the clarification!  I actually did much better in my first game anyway and took an insurance pic.  In the second they had a killer run with the top nets, and we were without a bottom net to score on for the last minute of first half.  The CPU partner got most of the baskets I just block.  Been playin lots of Pokemon Unite lately

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Whatever my previous record for missed pics on scores was, I tripled it this week. Did get it on my best score, but it was a tight window if you forget to pause with a few seconds left to get the camera ready

It was my first time playing.  I won 52-27, but wasn't even remotely ready with the camera.  I lost my bottom basket near the end of the first half, and near the end of the game.  I figured the basket fell off after multiple baskets without the opponent getting the ball.  Both times, they took the rim and put it on their end.  I didn't figure out how to shoot the other baskets until the game was almost over.  I regret not having time to put any effort into this one.  I'm guessing much higher scores are possible.

Member · Posted
On 9/24/2021 at 10:01 PM, NESfiend said:

drac x sounding pretty damn good. And its almost October so its high time to get to castlevanias.

Fun fact: one of the players on this game has a flyswatter he hits opponents with when you attack

I must not be far enough yet for that.  I've only played here and there quite casually so far.  Didn't really get where all the negative comments about it were coming from initially.  It looks and sounds fantastic and is fun for sure but the controls are REALLY stiff even by Castlevania standards.  Also, it seems like Richter was programmed to over jump just about everything, lol.

14 minutes ago, PII said:

I must not be far enough yet for that.  I've only played here and there quite casually so far.  Didn't really get where all the negative comments about it were coming from initially.  It looks and sounds fantastic and is fun for sure but the controls are REALLY stiff even by Castlevania standards.  Also, it seems like Richter was programmed to over jump just about everything, lol.

It's funny: Rondo is awesome and generally regarded as the best pre-SOTN Castlevania, and Drac X is a close remix of Rondo, and yet it somehow sucks?!?!?!?  I've never understood this modern internet mentality at all myself.  I personally think it's lightyears ahead of Super CV IV in all ways, expecially controls.  And speaking of controls, why does Simon look and control like he has a stick shoved way up his butt in Super CV IV?  I can't think of another CV game with stiffer controls, other than maybe the first one on Gameboy, and that's saying a lot!

In sum:  Dracula X RULEZ!

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

Member · Posted
14 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's funny: Rondo is awesome and generally regarded as the best pre-SOTN Castlevania, and Drac X is a close remix of Rondo, and yet it somehow sucks?!?!?!?  I've never understood this modern internet mentality at all myself.  I personally think it's lightyears ahead of Super CV IV in all ways, expecially controls.  And speaking of controls, why does Simon look and control like he has a stick shoved way up his butt in Super CV IV?  I can't think of another CV game with stiffer controls, other than maybe the first one on Gameboy, and that's saying a lot!

In sum:  Dracula X RULEZ!

I haven't played IV in a long time so would really have to give it a go to make a fair comparison.  At one time back in it's hey-day I started to develop the feeling that I liked it even better than CVIII which turned out fleeting as CVIII remains my Fav. and probably always will be.  A weird thing about X though is the lack of having to power up the whip and the lack of double/triple shots which feels to me like something is missing.  The whole -Rondo is the best, X is the worst mentality is pretty ridiculous.

11 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Ill be curious to hear @0xDEAFC0DEtake on the baskets coming off. Any idea what triggers it? And were you actually getting them back on? I sure as hell didnt. 

I'm pretty sure it's just number of baskets scored (or maybe attempted) in them. And the higher the basket the less the number. I know that the middle basket is one more than the top one. According to the FAQ, a dunk greatly decreases the basket health. 

For getting them back on, it's annoying as hell, but jump and press up to shoot them high. However the place you have to stand is a bit off screen when the ball's on your side.

I did not have good success of always having 3. Usually, I would lose one per half. 

• Like 1

• BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Welcome, welcome!
      This week we will see who will be crowned the VERY FIRST VGS NES Weekly Contest Racing champion!
      Right now, the dispute has @NESfiend with 30 points and a very comfortable lead of 5 points over @PII, who has 25 points. With 22 points, @Dr. Morbis has no chance to take the crown from Nesfiend, so the dispute this week is between only him and Pii
      To decide this matter, the game of choice is R.C. Pro Am II. The rules are as follow:
      Player 1p only Play till game over You are not allowed to use continues. You ended 4th? TOUGH LUCK! You are done for. You can't name your character NES in order to start with $5000 before race 1. Take your picture at the highscore screen The player with the highest amount of points win Genre: Racing Pedal to the metal, ladies and gentlemen.

The contest ends Sunday, 10/24/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome to the last round of the Action genre in the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest, which will define who will claim the title and bring it home!
      For the Action genre run, we have @Dr. Morbis leading with 28 points, with @PII and @bertsampson tied in 2nd with 23 points. Finally @NESfiend and @mbd39are tied in 4th with 21 points. All of them have the chance to claim the title, despite the big lead Dr. Morbis sports.
      The rules for this week are as follow:
      1 life only Once you die, take your picture death screen, which stays on for a very short time, or wait till you respawn, pause the game and take your picture If you beat the final boss without dying, be quick to take a picture of him dying then pause the game when you respawn at 1-1 It is not allowed to point press at the boss door if you have flying. Once you reach the boss door, you have to go in. Highest score wins Participation: 5,000 points Genre: Arcade
      Best of luck, gentlemen and gentlewomen.
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/17/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome, players!
      Be prepared, for this week you will have to rely on your fists, feet, knifes and machine guns to make through P.O.W.!
      This week will decide who will claim the crown to the Beat 'em up genre, proving they are the best bare hand fighter at VGS!
      @mbd39 currently leads the Beat 'em up scoreboard, with 23 points. Right behind him we have @NESfiend with 22 points, Krunch is creeping really close to both of them with 21 points.
      The three of them are the only ones with a chance to claim the title!
      So, without further ado, here's the rules
      Play until Game Over No point racking If you score less than 20,000 points, be ready to take your picture at the Game Over screen (it doesn’t stay up long) If you score more than 20,000 points, start a new game to get your score Each extra life remaining after beating the game adds 5000 points to your score. Highest score wins GENRE: Beat ‘Em Up
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/10/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to another deciding round of our VGS NES Weekly Contest!
      This week will decide who will claim the title of best arcade player of 2021!

Right now @Dr. Morbisleads with 25 points, followed by @Jeevan with 23 points and @mbd39 with 21 points. @NESfiend with 18 points isn't completely out of the race!
      To decide the Arcade genre winner, we will be playing THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!
      The rules are simple:
      Pick 1 player mode Play till game over or till you beat the game Take your picture at the title screen. Your score will be showing at 1P and at Hi Highest score wins Participation: 10,000 points Genre: Arcade Have a good, fair fight lads.

The contest ends Sunday, 10/03/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, welcome for a week of epic, high level wrestling in our beloved contest!
      Put in your ludicrous spandex costumes, pick your team and muscle up your way to victory!
      The rules for this week are simple:
      Play 1 player game Pick any characters you want Play till you win round 10 or till you lose. Take your picture at the round score screen. Be wary that you may not have a lot of time after winning round 10 The winning condition is progress plus high score Participation: Make it to round 2 Genre: Sports
      The contest ends Sunday, 09/06/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.