IGNORED

PS4 -- Collector's Thread

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, 360collector said:

We need to post more good games here so we can help each other wading through the trash. PS4 games are cheap and everywhere at this point . Im currently playing Dangerous Driving. Its an arcade racer, like a budget Burnout, fun game 15 bucks never heard about it before.

I find that LRG and other indie publishers release a ton of great PS4 games. One game I started playing -have yet to get back to it- but I've very much been enjoying this 2D-Skyrim

9th-dawn-iii-ps4-1200x1200.webp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

I find that LRG and other indie publishers release a ton of great PS4 games. One game I started playing -have yet to get back to it- but I've very much been enjoying this 2D-Skyrim

9th-dawn-iii-ps4-1200x1200.webp

Never heard of that game, but I really like the cover art. It's somehow great and terrible at the same time and I'm into it.

Well if you saw the finds thread we have cranking along here I popped up a couple images, one of them was the local booty and a few ebay picks I grabbed too (import largely).  In that local find, the one from today, it was GBA stuff and I found at home that poor Zelda was dead, quite dead.

Multiple pins that got stripped down to bare and didn't contact well, and one well it was rotted to hell down into the silicon up by the via that leads to the trace to the chip the game is on, it was just gone rotted into an inverted V shape.

I've never attempted this before, got encouraged by a friend on facebook asking what to do.  I had diagnosed what was up and got working on it but eventually got stuck on that last one.  The bad but recoverable I used my flux paste, a little solder, and a drag resurfaced a new silver nice sheen to the sketchy pins, and success that worked.

Then the last...bleh...  At first I tried to bridge solder, temporarily worked once, then didn't last.  Tried to scrape some green off, to bridge again with more flux and solder to no luck.  Ultimately he suggested a bypass, I've never attempted this, especially with such a fine pin off a chip too.  I went fishing and found one of an old broken piece of ? in a parts rack I have for non-gaming stuff, very thin set of wires so I plucked one off of it and used it as a donor.  This took multiple attempts to stick, the first couple worked, then didn't.  Finally on the third try I was able (and 2nd chunk of wire too) attach the tiny pin to wire off the chip leg, then using the pointed tweezers held the other end and soldered that to the pin where I re-tinned the non-dead end of it past the via.  Lame cliche but third time was the charm, it stuck.  I put some electrical tape I snipped some over the tiny wire, then set the shell back on there.  It's been in that SP I got for the last hour and a half or so now just heat/stress testing it on the LTTP intro story.  Pretty pleased it worked, never did something this tiny with the cheapo kit I have too.  It's not pretty, but it's clean and works.

IMG_7820.JPG

Very nice shelves. I really want Ikaruga, I was so stupid passing it up because I have the gamecube version. ps4 has come sailing up as one of my favorite systems the last couple years it just seems neverending the amount og awesome stuff. I want Sky Force too. I remember gettin guns gore and cannoli thinking it is probably stupid but looks interesting, man those games are great

4 hours ago, 360collector said:

Very nice shelves. I really want Ikaruga, I was so stupid passing it up because I have the gamecube version. ps4 has come sailing up as one of my favorite systems the last couple years it just seems neverending the amount og awesome stuff. I want Sky Force too. I remember gettin guns gore and cannoli thinking it is probably stupid but looks interesting, man those games are great

Thank you. As far as the shooters go, at the moment, Raiden IV, Rolling Gunner, and Star Hunter dx/Moth Hunter are my favorites - they all have a friendly learning curve, but get challenging fast.  Twin stick: Next Machina, and Enter the Gungeon are best, but Blazing Beaks/Butcher/Neorvoider are right behind. Battle Garegga and Ikaruga are probably two of the best on the console, but I'm personally weak at both.

I have doubles of Rolling Gunner, Ikaruga, Star Hunter/Space Moth, and Guns, Gore, and Canolli 1&2, below ebay btw.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1