IGNORED

What 'set(s)' do you collect? Console, dev team, publisher etc.

Nintegageo

I tend to largely stick to my favourite game franchises- Mario and Sonic, however since I've got most of them for all the systems I own I've slowly begun branching out to favourite genres. One I've particularly got into the past few years are rally simulation games, and the PS1/2 era has an insane amount of unknown amazing rally games. The Colin McRae and WRC series are my favourites, but I've discovered some amazing obscure games by collecting the genre. Would highly recommend this collecting method to anyone that has a specific interest in a few genres. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Psychopat said:

I'm going for a full Ps1 set! hoping to finish it in 2023 I'm at 791/1284! getting there!

Over halfway! I feel so far away at ~350. I had 100 or so and got ~250 more when my local game store had a $1 deal. Got a bunch of random fillers out of the way, lots of racing and sports games. Someday I want to buy new jewel cases for them all since probably 70% of them are cracked or scratched up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alder said:

Over halfway! I feel so far away at ~350. I had 100 or so and got ~250 more when my local game store had a $1 deal. Got a bunch of random fillers out of the way, lots of racing and sports games. Someday I want to buy new jewel cases for them all since probably 70% of them are cracked or scratched up.

I've been at it for more than 10 years now with a student / coffee shop salary... now I finally make enough money to set myself a reasonable time-goal. It's a fun journey but it's a long one... I think Ps1 is one of the hardest set to complete due to sheer number of games also some of them are starting to get real pricy!

The trick for CD cases is to buy cheap CDs at garage sales and keep the cases! I often find them at 10¢ or 25¢ a piece when buying in lot! 

• Like 1